Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old August 13th, 2008, 05:19 PM

vydar1970 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Faction Based Armies

Do folks play a lot of faction based games? As I get into the game, I am finding myself enjoying these sorts of games.

As I acquire more figures, it becomes easier to build that all Ullar or all Einar force.

--VK

Von Klaus
"Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one." --Friedrich Nietzsche German philosopher (1844 - 1900)
Old August 13th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Faction Based Armies

I much prefer theme-based play. There are some automatic limits built into this type of play so that it becomes more about making due with what you have rather than who can come up with the most killer combo of all. It's much easier to deal with Q9, for example, when he doesn't have raelin backing him. He's still tough, mind you; just not ungodly-tough...

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old August 13th, 2008, 05:35 PM

BobertSokrKid *glass shatters*

Themed armies are fun, but I don't have enough for any except Utgar and a small Jandar. If you have SotM and RotV, then a Marro army can be a fun battle.

1 RotV, 1 SotM, 1 VW, 1 RttFF, 1 TJ, 1 FotA
Vote Sonlen and Major Q10!
Old August 13th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

From time to time but not as a rule.
Old August 13th, 2008, 07:40 PM

Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker

In my group we actually only play general-specific armies, but that's probably since we always do pre-made armies. If we drafted more often, I'm sure we wouldn't limit ourselves to one general.

LOTR Customs
I'm sure of your ability
To become my perfect enemy
Old August 13th, 2008, 09:31 PM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart

Sometimes if you want an elf wizard you have to create an elf army or if you get Kato you have to get samurai or ashigaru along with the knights you have to get human champions. So sometimes certain themes are a must but sometimes you can go out and mix up your own army.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!
Old August 13th, 2008, 11:28 PM

bjmorga Woo who?

I pretty much exclusively play themed armies. My friend Brian and I prefer them. I've been playing Utgar a lot lately and loving it. I also like playing as Ullar too. It really does help having a ton of figures at your disposal.
Old August 14th, 2008, 01:53 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I really like playing general specific. I belive it makes army building more challenging, thus the fun.

I find this more true when I build with Utgar, than the others. From a storyline perspective, the other generals are allies against utgar, so it makes sense to me to build Utgar only, the others not so much.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old August 14th, 2008, 08:12 AM

Lank281 knows what's in an order marker Lank281 knows what's in an order marker

I absolutley love faction based armies. Although I don't always play them, it gives the opportunity of narrowing down your selection, so you don't spend half an hour going through the entire deck.
Old August 14th, 2008, 08:17 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Faction based is the only way we play here. We do mix Aquilla with Ullar just cause Aquilla has so little troops right now.
Old August 14th, 2008, 08:28 AM

penncon is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I'm brand new to Heroscape (in fact, this would constitute my first post on this board) and so don't have enough armies to be able to play this way, but I would love to.
Old August 14th, 2008, 08:30 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

My play group is the same, where we play general specific armies. Even with general specific armies, most of us, play by theme as well. As for Aquilla's army, they can get drafted with any of the good alignment armies. Despite my group playing this way, it is not a mandatory rule for us... We just think its more fun this way and visually it looks awesome on a killer map.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion