Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old June 20th, 2008, 01:52 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker
Re: NM24 - Process

I would be willing to Theoryscape him anywhere from 360-390 myself.

I think all the verbage is good to go.

UPC's Heroscape Strategy Blog (and whatever else the Muse sends my way...)

Old June 20th, 2008, 02:29 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ok up to 370. Is it ok to have him more than Hulk or should I drop a defense die?

And I'm waiting on the pm to Jonathan.

Old June 20th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

I think more than Hulk is fine.
Old June 21st, 2008, 10:09 AM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker

PM unwaited
Old June 21st, 2008, 10:31 AM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: NM24 - Process (Boom-Boom)

BOOM-BOOM by Jonathan

This trial ends at 10:30 on Sunday, June 22

Old June 22nd, 2008, 01:08 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker

I would hate for this not to get a critique before tomorrow morning and since I will be in church at 10:30 tomorrow morning I might as well crank one out while I am here...

Boom-Boom
I assume that Boom-Boom only uses a single Time Bomb token, but the card doesn't really say; that might need to be clarified.

The more I think about it, the more difficult it is to actually use the Time Bomb successfully. I assume that Boom-Boom is affected by her own Time Bomb. Boom-Boom does not have disengage. That means that she either...
1. has to survive 1 or more disengagements to drop and run successfully by placing a bomb next to 1 or more enemy figures or
2. simply use the Time Bomb as a temporary board management aid.

I can't think of any reason that someone would willing stand next to a dropped Time Bomb, so unless Boom-Boom is willing to take some Disengagement swipes, chances are slim that anyone is ever going to be affected by them.

I really like the card, I am just trying to think how to help Time Bomb short of giving her Disengage.

Old June 22nd, 2008, 11:06 AM

Hmm... UPC raises a good point. I might have a solution. Instead of placing the Time Bomb Marker on the space in which Boom Boom is standing, you can place the Marker adjacent to any space she is on. That way you don't have to give her disengage and she can still place it adjacent to enemies.

Old June 22nd, 2008, 03:32 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker

Mmm, good call on the "adjacency" bit!
Old June 23rd, 2008, 10:14 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus

Question: Is 24 hours simply too quick of a turnaround for this process or is it just that we do not have the support needed to make this work?

BTW, I am in the process of putting together a blog entry to shine a light on the Super Heroes customs thread. Hopefully, it will bring in a little extra traffic.

Old June 24th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

For me personally, sometimes 24 hours is too quick. Normally it's not a problem, but if I get busy at work or something comes up at home, then I can't always get on and give comments within that timeframe. Maybe we could do 48-72 hours or something? We can still shoot for 24, though.

Okay, so my comments on Boom-Boom:

Time Bomb
I don't see the confusion regarding adjacency and disengage. The card says she can place it on any space she has stood on this turn, which means she can put it down up to 5 spaces away from herself. Am I missing something?

Big Bomb Special Attack
I would change the wording to make it sound more "official". Something like: "Choose any figure within 3 clear sight spaces. All figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by Big Bomb Special Attack. Roll 6 attack dice once for all affected figures. Each affected figure rolls defense dice separately. Boom-Boom can be affected by Big Bomb Special Attack."

This wording change combines the first 3 sentences in the original to sound more official, corrects the spelling of "seperately" to "separately", and removes the "affected by her own" in the last sentence. It just makes sense that if you and you opponent each have a Boom-Boom, they would be affected by each other's Big Bomb Special Attack.

I think her points are a bit too low, given her 5 Life and her special attack of 6 that can affect multiple figures, up to 7 at a time. Without playtesting, I would guesstimate her cost in the 220-240 range.

Last edited by GreyOwl; June 24th, 2008 at 09:36 AM.
Old June 24th, 2008, 10:37 AM

I just realized that is the old version of the card posted. This is the newer one.

The adjacency problem is this. If Boom Boom wants to place a Time Bomb Marker it would make sense to place it adjacent to an opponent's figure, but she can only place a Marker on the space she is on. Therefore to place a Time Bomb Marker on a space adjacent to an enemy, she, herself, must be adjacent to an enemy. So without Disengage, she has to take at least one passing swipe everytime she wants to place a Time Bomb Marker where it will be most effective.

Last edited by hi1hi1hi1hi1; June 24th, 2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old June 25th, 2008, 10:15 AM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Grey Owl, thanks for the comments! The rewording for Big Bomb looks great. Originally, the Time Bomb was just supposed to be a deterrant to protect areas of the map you didn't want your opponent to go near, or for some "hit the door and hide" tactics. I'll try to add "adjacency" into the wording.

As to her points, BB seems to go down and/or gets an opponent's figure adjacent to her pretty quickly, which makes her Big Bomb much more of a risk, given her defense.

However, due to the potential for damage, you're right in that her points might need to go up. I'll rework the card and get it back up here.

As to UPC's point, I think 48 hours would be better - give us some time to simmer on the figs, and perhaps get a game or 2 in.

For the next nominee, let's try Allskulls' Beetle:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations