Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old February 16th, 2010, 09:23 PM

deadeyedan7 Woo who?
Knight army help.

Hello all,
I was hoping to get some pointers and opinions on a couple of army ideas. Myself and a friend play casual games for fun. Lately we've been talking about playing a little more competitively . So i'll get straight to the point.
KoWx2 140
Fin 80
Thorgrim 80
KMA 100
Cyprien Enswein 150 Total 550pts

OR

KoWx2 140
Sir Denrick 100
Sir Hawthorne 90
Microcorp x2 200
Otanashi 10
Isamu 10 Total 550pts

As you can I'm partial to the knights. They have decant stats/survivability and I like the bonding. The first army has Cyprien as the "tank" with the possibility of extra attack/defense due to Fin/Thorgrim. The second plays more of a numbers game. Any criticism, opinions, suggestions and feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

When the nations of Ullar descend upon you,.....our attack dice will blot out the sun!
Old February 16th, 2010, 09:24 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Knight army help.

I'm assuming you only have 2 sets of knights right?

(Asking this before someone tells you to go with KoWX4 yadda yadda yadda)
Old February 16th, 2010, 09:31 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sir Gilbert also goes great from knights-but you might not have him, as he is Jandar's flagbearer, and now costs about $20 on eBay.
Old February 16th, 2010, 09:57 PM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sujoah are you sure? I believe he is more in the 40-50 range though I could be mistaken. Even Acolarh is more than 20.

But yes Gilbert compliments the knights splendidly, especially if you are using finn or thogrim as well to boost him. x3 knights is ideal as well though I know they are hard to get. Army 1 looks good though a bit short on range, cyprien can make up for this. Denrick is not good and I would drop him if you want to go with army 2, there are much better ways to spend 100 points.
Old February 16th, 2010, 10:11 PM

deadeyedan7 Woo who?

I have sir gilbert and more knights I just thought these builds added some range. I've only been to one tournament and had no range in the army I used then. I learned quickly the hard way that at least some range is a necessity.

When the nations of Ullar descend upon you,.....our attack dice will blot out the sun!
Old February 16th, 2010, 10:35 PM

roostertail9000 is surprisingly tart

The 4th Mass could help out.

Boise ID Scaper
Old February 16th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadeyedan7 View Post
I have sir gilbert and more knights I just thought these builds added some range. I've only been to one tournament and had no range in the army I used then. I learned quickly the hard way that at least some range is a necessity.
How many knight squads?
Old February 17th, 2010, 08:37 AM

Queenmojo knows what's in an order marker Queenmojo knows what's in an order marker

As chaoserver said 3x Knights is ideal. I think the most competitive, but not the only option, is to run

3x Knights 210
Sir Gilbert 315

as a core of your army, which leaves you with 185 points for ranged at a 500 point game and 235 at 550. This is plenty of space to add ranged support. At 500 my favorites are Nilfheim or Q9 because it gives you a rat counter. Raelin and Krav or 3x Stingers is fun as well. For 550 you could just add Marro Warriors and one of the previously metioned ranged options. Another interesting option would be to add Captain America and Isamu for 545.

Last year I won a tournament with:

3x Knights 210
Sir Gilbert 315
Nilfheim 500
Krav Maga 600

Killercactus came up with a little more unique army that makes some scary Krav Maga. I copy and pasted the army below, but here's the link to see how it works.

Finn - 80
Thorgrim - 80
Eldgrim - 30
Krav - 100
Theracus - 40
Knights of Weston x3 - 210

Total = 540

We are friends, ouch.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion