Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old January 19th, 2010, 10:37 AM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Avatar

Cameron has officially said they only have about 40 minutes of extra scenes, so maybe 3 hourse and change is more likely.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old January 19th, 2010, 04:12 PM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker

darn there goes my hopes that we would get more of the stuff from the original script. Oh well, looks like Avatar is onto the top international money gross spot, and to win some Oscar nods.
Old January 19th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I still don't get Best Picture for the Golden Globes. Director yes, but not Picture.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old January 20th, 2010, 03:53 PM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation

funy resonse on the german amazon.de about avatar.

Quote:
i see you!
60 times 5 star, 30 times 1 star. Not to mention that one could summarize the latter also to a maximum of 3 to 5 Reviews - always the same because of the statement: "" 3D or not. The movie is bad because it is bad. Even if he were right, I found him badly, just because it would be good. Hype is out. Dooffinden rocks. Pictures are pretty. Story is flat. So the pictures are useless. The film is proof that today's filmmakers do not shy away from more trouble and expense to put willfully and with full Abischt every effort to be the opposite of innovative. Everything is stolen. I myself saw it: The one scene that almost at the beginning of the movie where the protagonist is haunted by a Thanator through the jungle and as a last resort to jump down into the river provides. Who exactly should watch out and not have fallen asleep long ago, it found that there for the same water flow was used as in 'From A River Runs Through'. Redford Cameron has stolen the water. And it gets even better. It is also the same water that Cameron makers like Lucas can not reach.
Why Na'vi are three meters high and have only four fingers? There are poles on the moon? If so, there are more than two? Why the Na'vi are blue? There is only one race? Closes the existence of Na'vionalsozialisten out completely?
1.) why.
2. +3.) Just as each magnet has Pandora at least six and a half poles. One assumes, however, that avatars have at least 100 times the number of poles of the planet, including not only the polarizing effect explained (either to find them stunningly beautiful or you hate them) but also leads to a complete lifting of the magnetic field surrounding the planet , which in turn provides protection against the exorbitant harmful for living organisms (highly) energetic particles (also "radiation" is missing) completely, which can lead to mutations, among other things (which is why seeing the creatures and plants from all so funny), or at rudiments as the missing fifth (?) finger, which answers the second part of the first question. Every few thousand years, however, takes place a complex reversal of the magnetic field, thereby guaranteeing one hand, for a certain, albeit very entertaining period, a radiation protection. On the other residents who feel the forces generated by their own individual magnetic field can be very accurate, even at night, and - more importantly - during sleep na'vigieren duch their environment. Games such as "Blind Direhorse" have achieved for this reason at the time of the first reversals cult status.
4.) Blue is known to be a cool color. Due to the tropical heat on Pandora alone is the tight clothing for the need to hunt coolness is not enough. It extends the sight of a co-Na'vi and it is pleasant again cooled. Questions like "Are you blue?" have on that planet less rhetorical character than it eg do with us on Earth.
5.) no. There are primary and sky Na'vi human Na'vi.
6.) Since the arrival of the heavenly man anymore.

Answers to questions raised by the film before. It is apparently assumed that the viewer can make enough thought to explain most of the events and circumstances can not or at least a small spark of imagination has to create the "Drum-Around 'of his own incompleteness Avatar world for to improve themselves. Insolence, that! The film leaves a virtually nothing else but find him too bad until you've seen him at all. But I went in anyway, so that afterwards no one could have said, 'To criticize adversely the film, one should have seen only once'. I was smart and I'm alone out there, of course, in the event that my emotions should go through it with me or vice versa. Must see for any. I have a very keen sense of beautiful appearance and aesthetics, though it could prove to me and my wife to the contrary. Despite everything in the whole film was not a trace of beauty to be found. Whoever finds it quite beautiful to listen to the forest, not only, but also to be seen. And at a synapse number of 10 over 12 of the forest on Pandora is quite unlike the people (of approximately 10 to 15 synapses can call his own) are relatively stupid.
I'll try to be brief:

The film steals from:
- Pocahontas and all the other films that have stolen from Pocahontas automatic) (which are better because they have already stolen (although some of those films appeared only after the original screenplay for Avatar was written long ago)
- From the middle of a river (rises stolen: water)
- Jurassic Park (stolen: Dinos)
- Stolen matrix (: machinery)
- Star Wars (stolen: Holograms)
- Stolen Smurfs (: blue color)
- Robin Hood (stolen: a bow and arrow)
- Snakes on a Plane (stolen: aircraft)
- 2001: A Space Odyssey (stolen: Space)
- Alien I-IV (stolen: Sigourney Weaver)

Ridiculous
- Blue color (fake, because there's not)
- 3 m high Na'vi (fake, because they have no Fruchtzwerge)
- 4 finger-hands (fake, as does the decimal not with only eight fingers)
- Flora and Fauna (fake, because have I so have never seen)
- Unobtainium (looks like something, but is also fake, because there's)
- 5 years deep sleep (fake, because that had been frozen)
- Complete, especially for the people developed language (fake, because there's no dictionary)
- Forest as a living network of synapses and Stuff (fake, because they have trees, no brain)

Unfortunately, however, known to the boundaries between the ridiculous and innovation tend to blur easily, which is why many do not realize that the movie's actually quite silly, and a magnitude of one hundred million U.S. dollars for me, completely incomprehensible and does not understand. I can say this because I myself have tried once to shoot a movie and know you for something like avatar (if you were smart) no money, let alone would need a script or props, and actors or cameras or something. One might have also donate half of the expenditure, then the film would be only half grown so well and shrunk to half the audience, so much less by people supposedly in the film wrapped pseudo-eco-message could have been aroused.

If you want to see really good films, then you worried 'Skeleton Man' and 'Transmorphers'. Since not only the effects are consistent, but also the story! Films like "avatar" look just like the people who after "because" are not main clause, because times have simply no idea what it is to see a good film that wants to be found obviously bad.
Here I reveal a dark secret: The movie really was not bad, but how do I stand here as a yes-man? If I did not say the opposite of what I think, I would not only vemeintlichen mainstream are but it is also every reason for a healthy hasstiradenartigen of suggestive on image neurosis observations and in-the-air lacerations dominated discussion there. " "- is to see that aestheticians to hate and alls (but not Besserkönnern here) in an approximate ratio of two are at one. (Un) reasonable expressions of opinion are (especially if they are not the appropriate product, but as related to its Innhalt and thus lead to a completely distorted evaluation (it is very strange that the DVD of the film is better than the BluRay and the , although not even had the chance to compare)), most in the debate between friends and / or colleagues' a beer at the pub. Not on Amazon.
Five Star's are engraved on the sharp image, the crystal clear sound and extremely informative audio commentary Cameron. Deductions, there would be more than that, the film in the cinema can not show quite as spectacular, but that's not the BluRay nothing.
Bomb movie. Bomb quality.
Jake Sully logs off
Old January 21st, 2010, 06:00 PM

champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker champrjk knows what's in an order marker

Thats got to be the funnies review of Avatar I've ever read.

Long live Heroscape.
Old January 21st, 2010, 06:48 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You could understand it?

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old January 26th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Avatar is #1 All-Time Box Office Movie!

It will soon break the 2 billion mark!

Looks like those two sequels will be definite now!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old January 26th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Dr Feelgood

If he said he wanted to make a 400 million dollar version of Where's Waldo, they'd give him the money.

The last 2 movies he had made grossed nearly FOUR billion dollars. Not only is that amazing, there is literally nothing that compares to it.

Old February 2nd, 2010, 11:06 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I enjoyed the movie in 3D; I admit I flinched when someone threw a grenade "in my lap." The FX were great, and beautiful and ground breaking. The closest similarity to the visuals was in the Peter Jackson King Kong, when they had T-Rexes swinging in the trees!

I was disappointed in the story. Overmaxed on the ultravi. Bored by characters who had no conflicts in themselves, but were written too black and white to question what they were doing.

I comment further on the Political Avatar Thread...
Old February 3rd, 2010, 09:44 PM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker

I love this guys reviews of the new Star Trek and Star Wars films
http://www.youtube.com/user/RedLette.../7/uJarz7BYnHA
Caution some language(I know how family friendly we are).
He gives a pretty fair view on the movie without being overly harsh.

I am glad the movie is doing well. I still like it, its a great(visually not so much story) telling of a very "classic" tale.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies