Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old March 13th, 2012, 10:13 AM

Vegaslen knows what's in an order marker Vegaslen knows what's in an order marker
Re: Filthy creates figures with Green Stuff

have you thought about using play doh or the like to see how much greenstuff you need first to stop the waste of it as it can be expensive. Well it certainly is over this side of the atlantic
Old March 13th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegaslen View Post
have you thought about using play doh or the like to see how much greenstuff you need first to stop the waste of it as it can be expensive. Well it certainly is over this side of the atlantic
The green stuff has a long-enough cure time that I can stick it in the mold, then immediately double check the amount of excess green stuff that squirts out of the side (trimming as needed). So, the first use of the mold generally uses the most green stuff; after that, I have a good idea of how much green stuff to roll together.
Old March 13th, 2012, 10:45 PM

Ghostship is surprisingly tart

Crazy question:

Is green stuff any different than plumber's epoxy? Aside from being green.

And

How much force are you applying? Do you think you'd see improvement in either stage, mould on original figure, mould on epoxy putty, if you used one of those freezer vacuum pumps with the bags? How much force can those generate?
Old March 14th, 2012, 09:29 AM

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostship View Post
Crazy question:

Is green stuff any different than plumber's epoxy? Aside from being green.
I have never tried molding with plumber's epoxy, so I unfortunately have no information on the matter. However, a quick search on Google shows that it could indeed work, as it appears similar. I will try to test some out in a mold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostship View Post
How much force are you applying? Do you think you'd see improvement in either stage, mould on original figure, mould on epoxy putty, if you used one of those freezer vacuum pumps with the bags? How much force can those generate?
Applying pressure with your hands should be more than sufficient (it works for me). You definitely want to apply enough pressure to get the putty compressed into the detailed ridges of the mold, and this is doable with your bare hands (unless you are severely arthritic, or have other, similar problems...If that is the case, just recruit someone in your area to put the squeeze on).
Old March 26th, 2012, 10:03 AM

Project 2: a Swog Rider

The mold was a bit trickier, as the Swog is obviously a larger figure. However, it turned out better than I expected. I had to re-mold one of the hind legs, and the tail had to be trimmed up considerably. I also ended up creating a new Grut head, as I trimmed a bit too deep on the original. The new parts were added on with super glue.

I decided to roll with a Grut-Skeletor paint job (light blue skin with dark purple armor, and a white skull mask with a dark wash to enhance the shadows), complete with a purple Panthor (dark purple fur, white teeth and red eyes; I left the claws untouched). After I applied the base colors, I added a couple of dark washes, then dry brushed a lighter shade of blue/purple onto the cat. A couple coats of clear acrylic sealer sealed the deal. The base will hopefully be added today or tomorrow.

Old March 26th, 2012, 11:28 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Wow, those are really awesome!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old March 26th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

For your info, the Swog and the Orc are two different pieces of plastic put together. (I found this out with my first Swog Rider who wasn't glued together well.) It may make it easier to make each one seperately.

Either way, nice job.
Old March 26th, 2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Wow, those are really awesome!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
For your info, the Swog and the Orc are two different pieces of plastic put together. (I found this out with my first Swog Rider who wasn't glued together well.) It may make it easier to make each one seperately.

Either way, nice job.
Thanks! The back, hind right leg was also molded separately (one can see the seam on the sculpt); I found this out after making my first mold, as the leg turned out into a stubby little anomaly. The Grut rider actually turned out OK as part of the Swog mold...But I slipped with the knife and inadvertently butchered the original head. A fine surgeon I will not make.
Old March 26th, 2012, 09:20 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

That turned out quite well.
Old March 26th, 2012, 09:39 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Awesome looking Swog! How much extra time/work did it take to do that compared to the Microcorp Agents (I am thinking of using this procedure to make myself a Nerak).

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Filthy the Clown again.
Old March 26th, 2012, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fi Skirata View Post
Awesome looking Swog! How much extra time/work did it take to do that compared to the Microcorp Agents (I am thinking of using this procedure to make myself a Nerak).

Thanks for the kind words, Yoda and Fi. The process was significantly quicker this time around. The original mold took about 20 minutes to make and 8 hours to cure; it took about 2 hours to trim off the excess mold, then another 8 hours to mold and cure the extra leg and head. Add in about 30 minutes to trim the leg and head and glue them on, and then about 2 hours to paint and seal (painting took a bit longer for the Swog Rider as compared to the easier paint job of the Microcorp. ). So, minus the cure time, I am looking at about 5 hours.
Old March 27th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Your getting good at this! The dark color is that normal greenstuff or are you using something else? Also could you take a pic of your finished nerak when done, would love to see the finished effect.

Looks like your cutting on top of a character sheet

Did the loose knights arrive ok? ( although super late?)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions