Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old November 21st, 2016, 12:45 AM

Smurf_Scape is surprisingly tart
How strict should unique be...

In a world where everything is unique is everything really unique?

How serious should we be taking the unique squad figures in AotP? At least one squad, the eldrazi scion, seems like total hogwash. Not only do scions in mtg supposed to be ridiculously horde-esk there are supposed to be vast different types. I don't see them ever continuing archetype with such limited release capabilities. They cram entire sets in such small numbers.

Has anyone experimented with using some squads as common or at least uncommon esk?

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Last edited by Smurf_Scape; November 21st, 2016 at 11:58 AM.
Old November 21st, 2016, 08:06 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: How strict should unique be...

Ive looked at this one before. I dont think it would be too bad as long as the squads were distinguished from one another. With maybe a paintjob or a sticker on the base. I wouldnt use them as commons though. More like an uncommon squad. I dont see that overwhelming the meta.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old November 21st, 2016, 11:26 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I view squads in AotP as common squads where each life # of squads is a number of squads - think of it where if a two life squad is on a space it is as if 2 one life squad figures are on the same space that you can attack at the same time. I would do multiple squads as multiplying the life of each squad figure by the number of squads you want to draft instead of having multiple physical copies of squad figures that you have to summon. I think the advantage of not having to bring out reinforcements would about equal the disadvantage if an attack has more than one crossed-weapon over your shields you would be loosing lives faster than if you had multiple figures, because you would be able to take more turns of the squads in a row where they can attack.

For instance, for 165 points you could have 3 "squads" of Eldrazi Scion by just having each figure have 6 life. Or for Rhox Veterans (normally 3 life for a 90 point squad), each figure could have 6 life if you spent 180 points . You could even do partial point cost if you wanted to by dividing squad cost by life (not the same as the partial point cost on the card) and add incremental life, such as 140 points (rounded up from 2.5 squads) of Eldrazi Scion would make each figure have 5 life. I might have to try doing this way of "multiple squads" out my next game.

See thoughts continued on Heroscape squads like AotP - On squad w/Multiple life

Last edited by lefton4ya; November 21st, 2016 at 12:50 PM. Reason: I digress on Heroscape theorizing
Old January 10th, 2017, 02:07 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I honestly hope that they don't introduce common squads into this game. Ever. Common squads kinda got outta control in Heroscape. I like the Unique only dynamic so far in AotP. Everything works well.

Since you only have space in your army for 1 or 2 units, anyway, I don't see that common squads would really add much to the game. I mean at most, you'd probably be able to have 3 common squads, plus your Planeswalker. Is that any better than a Unique Squad and Unique hero?

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old January 23rd, 2017, 02:16 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Boss version of Eldrazi is tough, so keeping Scions in check make sense.
I think each figure would need to be assessed individually for conversion to Uncommon / Common.

For note: Multiple Life squads has opened up design possibilities. I want commons to come and it's f'n Stoopid to not have them already - it's why boxes aren't selling and product is tanking, but I want them done right.
Here is my unofficial way of doing things:
Common, uncommon, and unique may all have 1+ Life
Unique: May only have one in army.
Common: May have unlimited in army. When activated, activate full number of figures in squad, regardless of sculpt composition.
Uncommon: Hybrid - Count as Unique for targeting, such as Enchantments. Like commons, may have unlimited in army. Like rare, when activated, only the remaining figures activate - mark them. So you have two squads of three figures, one is destroyed. You may activate 2 or 3. Commons would always activate 3.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Last edited by Confred; September 10th, 2017 at 08:38 PM.
Old September 7th, 2017, 01:04 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I just ordered a second set of everything (for less than 50 Euros!) and am playing with the idea of making the squads common (with the natural limitation of 2 because I dont have more). Anyone do this? Any thoughts?

Or Uncommon, marking them differently so that the squad-membership is still relevant?

I think I'm bitterly disappointed that green has fewer units than the others and that might be fueling part of my feeling.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old September 7th, 2017, 03:11 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I would try uncommon first and then maybe common.

Still a Jugger?

I have a friend that still needs to see Salute of the Jugger.
Old September 7th, 2017, 04:06 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I upped my weekly Jugger-intake this week. I have 5 different Jugger groups with over 40 people. I miss my old team though and I reckon it'll take a while to build them up to where my old team is. Right now it's not too challenging for me, but that's how it is teaching new people something you've been at for years.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old September 7th, 2017, 05:26 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Very cool.

So awesome that it is that popular.

You could wear something to decrease your range of vision to increase the difficulty.

Communicating with someone that actually plays The Game is incredibly satisfying to my youthful spirit. When I was in the hospital in my teens I was stunned to find they had Blood of Heroes on VHS. I was watching in glee when my mom asked if this is what I wanted to watch and I simply nodded and continued to watch the exploits of the Dogboy.

Still in my top three favorite movies of all time.
Old September 8th, 2017, 02:07 AM

I thought the film was actually quite horrible - a disappointingly good idea wasted by... I don't even know. It felt like 2-3 chapters of a good book with no real beginning and no real end.

I am hoping for a remake. That would really put Jugger in the spotlight

Jugger

Old September 8th, 2017, 05:30 PM

Thanks for crushing my spirit.
Old February 25th, 2022, 11:09 AM

HeroscapeMaster is surprisingly tart

This should lift your spirits! Wizkids put out some token miniatures in a set called Creature Forge. They're not perfect scale for 28mm but pretty close. I've assmeberld 3 squads of each figure and their all common. Most have few to no abities, and just attack normally so not out of control commons like Heroscspe. Also, Wizkkds release a Ravnica and Theros set of miniatures with lots of new heros and some unique and common squads. Remember, squads don't always have to have different figures to make them work. Especially if they have 1 life.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion