Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape
Battlefields of Star Wars Scape HoSS Maps and Scenarios

Old May 3rd, 2017, 04:33 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: BoSS Battlefront - Brainstorming Phase

I'm not sure what you mean there about a scenario. Perhaps TREX can better help you with that as he is working on the other 3 PDFs.
Old May 3rd, 2017, 04:43 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@DanieLoche

Here's how mine look for the one I have finished already,(Save the BIO at the front.)

Battlefront Rules
Setup:
- Place Glyphs Symbol side up as shown on the map build directions.
- Each player brings or drafts an army of equal point value.
- Unless specified otherwise on a figure's Army Card, place all figures in
the Start Zone. Any figures that do not fit in the Start Zone are placed to
the side in the player's Army Reserve.

Gameplay:
The Glyphs on the map represent Control Points. Control Points are not like
normal Glyphs. When a figure moves onto a Control Point, the Glyph is not flipped
to Power side up. Instead, the figure may capture the Control Point. At the beginning of
the game, all Control Points are neutral. When a figure is on the Control Point at the end of a round, that figure's army captures the Control Point. Place a marker (such as a Rebel or Imperial symbol) on the Control Point to indicate which player's army has captured that Control Point.

Control Points are only captured at the end of a round. If a figure moves onto a Control
Point that has been captured by the opposing army, remove the marker. The Control Point becomes neutral. It cannot be captured by that figure until the end of the round.

At the end of each round, after capturing Control Points, count up the number of Control
Points that each army has captured and subtract to find the difference. The army that
has captured the most Control Points causes wounds to the opposing army equal to the
difference between the number of captured Control Points. The player controlling the
army that is receiving the wounds decides which figure or figures will receive the
wounds.

Army Reserve:
Figures in the Army Reserve are not destroyed. At the end of each round, after Control
Points have been captured and any wounds applied, each player must move as many
figures as possible from their Army Reserve to their Start Zone. If at any time a player
has no more figures on the battlefield while figures remain in that player's Army Reserve,
that player must immediately move as many figures as possible into the Start Zone.

Advancing Figures:
After capturing Control Points, applying wounds, and moving any figures from the Army
Reserve to the Start Zone, each player may advance up to three figures. A player
advances figures by choosing up to three unengaged figures from the player's Start
Zone or Army Reserve. The player then moves the chosen figures to any empty spaces
adjacent to a Control Point that has been captured by that player. The player who won
initiative for the round that was just completed places any advancing figures first,
followed by the other player. After advancing figures, place Order Markers and roll for
Initiative for the next round.

Victory:
You win immediately if all opponent’s figures are destroyed.

Thanks for the help, I'll knock out the other two in no time.

I would like a mock up of some bio's for the three I'm doing if any of you guys have a minute.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old May 3rd, 2017, 06:57 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I'm not sure what you mean there about a scenario. Perhaps TREX can better help you with that as he is working on the other 3 PDFs.
When you look at an official map presentation, it is divided in different parts :
  • the map map presentation, made of the picture, a biography, and the required material.
  • the building instructions, for the map in itself
  • Game scenario(s) that can be played in this map, including :
    • the kind of the scenario (rules used, number of players)
    • The specific setup of the map : start zones, glyphs and so on.
    • The specific biography for this scenario
    • The special rules to apply
    • the victory conditions

Here, the easy part are points 1, 2, and some parts of the third point (start zones and victory conditions). But here as we are using a specific set of rules (Battlefront game), the question is to know how do we present the other points of the list. Do we re-write all those special rules on each scenario (looks like the way @TREX is doing it) ? Or shall we make a kind of rule book introducing this rules, and a pack of maps that could use them (and them, simply said : "Special rules : this scenario uses the BoSS Battlefront special rules, with the following setup [battlefront setup informations specific to the game, if any, I'm not sure about that ^^]) ?

Also there is the secondary bio. But this one is less important. ^^

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old May 3rd, 2017, 07:04 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

All finished with the 3 of them now. I'm updating them now.

Old May 3rd, 2017, 08:17 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Porkins has the rule book for the Battlefront rules already worked up and the plan is to release it tomorrow along with the 4 maps designed with control points in mind (and a few other things). So I'd say just keep it simple in the map PDF and state, this map is designed to be compatible with the Battlefront Rules System. See Rule for additional details. Or something along those lines. No need to repeat the rules on every map, plus the maps can also be used for traditional games you just don't use the glyphs for anything.
Old May 3rd, 2017, 08:24 PM
"like" happy

Ill have to give them an adjust when I get home later. Ill just cut the rules and enlarge the map build instructions. Along with porkins proofreading adjusts.

Old May 4th, 2017, 01:25 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

@DanieLoche - are you done with the Scarif map pdf? All else is ready for the 4th; just waiting on Scarif.
Old February 23rd, 2019, 12:56 AM
"like" happy

I just wanted to throw something at you Star Wars guys. A new competitive/Battlefront compatible map I just designed called: Mustafar Mining Facility. Here's a link
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...7&postcount=16 After getting some more testing on it, I'd like to eventually get it added to the BoSS Maps once its been tweaked in.

Old April 6th, 2019, 05:56 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I like the Mustafar map TREX. Control points on lava field would be dangerous to go after but ultimately rewarding. Force Pushers would like that map more than most Battlefront maps because of the molten lava.
Old April 6th, 2019, 05:58 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Here's my attempt at a Kamino map (1 RotV, 1 Marvel, 1 FotA). It's based off of the level from the original Battlefront video game. The water would be treated as molten lava for this map. Starting spaces would the 3 black 7-hexers on each side and the 3 road hexes connecting them. There's a Bacta Tank in the cloning facility at the top. The glyphs represent optional control points for Battlefront rules.

Old April 6th, 2019, 11:04 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Here's my attempt at a Kamino map (1 RotV, 1 Marvel, 1 FotA). It's based off of the level from the original Battlefront video game. The water would be treated as molten lava for this map. Starting spaces would the 3 black 7-hexers on each side and the 3 road hexes connecting them. There's a Bacta Tank in the cloning facility at the top. The glyphs represent optional control points for Battlefront rules.

I had made a kamino map similar to this one in a way. The instadeath of the lava water is the problem. I like the idea but I think the platforms need to be slightly bigger so force users cant completely wreck everyone. Otherwise Im pretty stoked someone else is starting up some more star wars themed maps.

Old April 6th, 2019, 11:13 PM
C3G Landlord

Pretty sure I took a stab at a Kamino Map once before too. I think it ended up getting too big trying to recreate all those little platforms connected by walkways. Focusing in on just a couple of the platforms seems like a good way to go, maybe 3 or 4 of them? You can always just leave the water parts tile-less, then place battlements along the edge. I don't remember, do they stop the force push or can you just force push someone right through (or up and over) an obstacle?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape > Battlefields of Star Wars Scape