Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old March 2nd, 2017, 01:49 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Escape (First Crack Variant) Format Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Well, Escape has been Improved. Gone are the days of reckless suicide towards your opponent’s start zone. I, for one, thought the format was much better, although I’m not sure why I’d play it over standard.
I can't say I really disagree, honestly. I thought the format was "brought up to spec", at least after the last tweak we put in mid-round. I also think there were a couple games that had an interesting dynamic finish play out with the rules of Escape. That said... yeah, I don't think it was overall that great a format, and I'm not inclined to push for its use in the future. I really just wanted to see how it would play with the fixes we had tossed around here. I think we did improve it considerably, and yet it's still not that great.
Old March 2nd, 2017, 01:51 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I agree with Vegie's assessment of the time rules in such a format. I don't like encouraging someone to turtle or to use the time controls as an alternate win condition.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old March 2nd, 2017, 01:57 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I thought it was important to showcase how frustrating Escape is for our players when the gameplay ends up like this. Sorry for any embarrassment
Old March 2nd, 2017, 02:10 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
I thought it was important to showcase how frustrating Escape is for our players when the gameplay ends up like this. Sorry for any embarrassment
I wish I didn't fly off the handle, and handled myself better. But yes, I was very frustrated.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.

Last edited by Kinseth; March 2nd, 2017 at 02:10 PM. Reason: No offense taken Vegie.
Old March 2nd, 2017, 02:16 PM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

IMO Kinseth's frustration in that game arose more from the map than from the Escape format. I'm pretty firmly against us ever using Ruins of Pine Tree Marsh again. I'm less dead-set against using Escape again, but I don't see myself pushing hard for it.
Old March 2nd, 2017, 10:47 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
IMO Kinseth's frustration in that game arose more from the map than from the Escape format. I'm pretty firmly against us ever using Ruins of Pine Tree Marsh again. I'm less dead-set against using Escape again, but I don't see myself pushing hard for it.
For clarification for the uninitiated among us...Do you mean the above comment as EVER or just ever in an Escape format?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 2nd, 2017, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
For clarification for the uninitiated among us...Do you mean the above comment as EVER or just ever in an Escape format?
Ever. Elevated startzones lead to negative play experiences a distressing percentage of the time. I suppose it would be OK for Chaos of Battle but that's about it.
Old March 3rd, 2017, 12:13 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Ever. Elevated startzones lead to negative play experiences a distressing percentage of the time. I suppose it would be OK for Chaos of Battle but that's about it.
Got it. And extra thanks for the reasoning. It's helpful.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events