Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old March 15th, 2017, 08:40 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
FYI

If you want information regarding C3V playtesting, PM me and I'll hook you up.

~Dysole, trying her best not to sound too much like a drug dealer. ~_^
Old March 15th, 2017, 10:00 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekthefreak View Post
Also how do you become apart of groups like Sov, HoSS, C3V, or C3G
Play testing helps the projects along and shows that you are dedicated and interested in a group enough to support it.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 16th, 2017, 07:34 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: FYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Just doing a check list, Heroscape is:

1) Expensive
2) Addictive
3) Presently unavailable through official channels

Yeah, you've got your work cut out for you, Dysole.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 16th, 2017, 10:13 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:

1) Expensive
2) Addictive

Which makes AoTP like medical marijuana.
Old March 16th, 2017, 11:23 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:

1) Expensive
2) Addictive

Which makes AoTP like medical marijuana.
More like alcohol - it's still commercial, addictive and isn't used for health benefits, it's just that's it's distributed through accepted channels because someone decided it was more profitable.

~ Lazy Orang, wondering if this joke has gone too far. Also unable to comment on AotP's addictive nature as she hasn't got into it (yet).

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 16th, 2017, 01:08 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Which is a grueling regiment of testing which continues to blow my mind.
Huge props to SoV for providing this service to the community.
Agreed!
Old April 3rd, 2017, 02:07 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Hey, I'd like to help with this project if you guys are willing.
Old April 3rd, 2017, 02:12 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Hey, I'd like to help with this project if you guys are willing.
I appreciate the interest. For the moment, though, we have enough Judges. Usually we run with seven, but with the reduced workload lately we've been running ok with six. If we do decide to add another, or if an existing Judge steps down, we'll probably do our usual process of taking submissions and choose from them.
Old April 3rd, 2017, 02:15 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Understood! Thanks!
Old April 13th, 2017, 04:51 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Agent Fawcett by @Soundwarp SG-1

Agents have been a core part of Heroscape since the original master set. Let's see how this new potential addition stacks up.

Balance

Thirty points and no free turns puts this unit into the filler category or possibly niche, and she doesn't provide a lot for an order marker by herself. Range 7 is nice, even with only 2 Attack, though Guilty McCreech clearly outclasses her in the damage output department. What makes Agent Fawcett interesting is her powers, which gives her free movements and immunity to targeting by range attacks. Positioning is always important in Heroscape, though with 2 Life and 2 Defense she won't be holding choke points for long. The tricks you can potentially use her for make up for having less offense than Guilty.

Theme

A great thematic image is presented here. The concept of a secret agent sneaking invisibly around the battlefield is played out well through Ghost Protocol and Stealth Suit 1. I would say that Tricky would suit her personality better, but that comes with synergistic baggage this unit doesn't want. Precise is fine. I also like the unit's name; I think it's a clever little reference.

Creativity

I love how the relatively simple design lends itself to countless ideas of how to utilize her. It isn't just theme that's developed here, it's advanced gameplay.

Playability

Agent Fawcett is both useful and somewhat disappointing to play. Free movements are simply awesome, but without good survivability she easily finds herself sneaking too close to enemy units and gets herself killed. She takes some finesse to play well, outside of simple tactics such as grabbing glyphs. She has a few somewhat effective uses aside from glyph-taking, such as tying up an opposing range unit or working as a speed bump to advancing melee. Most often, though, when there aren't glyphs you just try to position her for a good shot when the time comes.

Playing against her, she isn't as annoying or as problematic as you might think. A foolish player will get her too close to your forces, where you can simply take her down if you have some spare attacks. She's somewhat annoying to remove from glyphs if you're running Deathreavers + range, but most other glyph-takers have enough punch to take her out if she gets in the way. A smart player will use the free movements and invisibility to set her up for a good shot, but that's not really a concern either due to her weak Attack. I can't help but feel there's a missed opportunity here: if she got a bonus to her attack while cloaked (so only once per game), say +2, that one attack would be enough of a threat to have to take her seriously. As is, she's normally ignored until endgame when played conservatively.

However, all of this is only true if other Agents are in her army. When I was playtesting her I found myself having a hard time finding a place for her. Competitive Agent-based armies typically have Deathreavers or some other screening unit with them. For only 10 points more I could take another squad of Rats, which provide quite a bit more for the price than Fawcett for many of the roles I would have her play, even considering her free movements. I am not bound to the competitive scene though; I enjoy casual play as much as anybody. From that perspective, she unfortunately does not provide any value outside of Agent builds due to the nature of her powers. Stealth Suit deactivates as soon as she takes a turn, regardless of what she does on that turn, making her almost completely dependent on Ghost Protocol. So even from a casual play perspective, there isn't a reason to take her unless you're running other Agents. She's something of a niche of a niche in that regard. Ultimately this is what decided my vote.

Summary

I love the theme and the unit plays pretty well, providing a few neat tricks for a cheap price. But she is neither a highly competitive unit nor one that you can splash into most casual armies due to her powers being highly dependent on mixing with other Agents. The game does have units with very limited usefulness (I'm looking at you, Kyntela), so perhaps it's unfair for me to vote this way. But in the end I just can't get behind a unit that has so little opportunity to get to the table.

I vote Nay to induct Agent Fawcett into the SoV.
Old April 14th, 2017, 03:42 PM

Maltis Tez by @Leaf_It

Maltis had a bit of a rocky start to get to this point, but now the Hybrid is running for a place in the SoV.

Balance

The low point cost for a Unique puts Maltis Tez in the filler category. Like most Uniques in this price range she doesn't provide a lot for an order marker but still has uses. In terms of simple stats I'd say Guilty McCreech has her beat in the cleanup role; while Maltis has good speed and a solid initial attack, in most cases I'd prefer Guilty's run-and-gun multi-attack (plus he's slightly cheaper). The Hybrid makes up for that by having some potential uses in early- and mid-game, such as glyph-stealing, and some useful synergies. The extra Life and Defense is pretty darn nice too.

Theme

Maltis Tez definitely feels like a speedy, agile fighter. Her speed, First Assault, and ability to jump to a better position after attacking all support this, and when playing her I definitely felt that Fearless was a fitting personality. I don't really know if there's an impetus for making her a Hybrid other than the figure itself, but it fits the figure fine and there really isn't a reason against it. Overall a solid package in terms of theme.

Creativity

The running pose of the figure suggests a high-mobility attacker, and the design supports that well. The reuse of First Assault is excellent here, especially combined with Strategic Positioning, itself a relatively simple power with loads of potential for neat tricks. Just looking at the design makes me think about different ways to try playing her.

Playability

In practice, Maltis's stats (right- and left-side) and First Assault really define her, much more than Strategic Positioning, which is normally just an occasional bonus. After all, one space is not enough to escape whatever it was Ms. Tez was attacking if she didn't kill it. However, when things line up the extra bit movement can be pretty nice, such when attacking after a figure that doesn't have an upcoming order marker or when you get a double turn due to a round switch. Her best trick is killing something on a glyph then claiming it in the same turn (doesn't work on those darn Rats, though).

With great speed, a pretty decent first strike, and some survivability this Scout does have some potential uses outside of just cleanup. The previously-mentioned glyph-stealing is the most obvious, but there are other times a sudden assault can be useful.

The Hybrid is pretty decent at cleanup too. She's got enough speed to hunt down whatever she wants and enough initial punch to do the job. (Makes me almost wish her class was Hunter, but that doesn't have the same synergies.) A failed attack can be trouble, though, often leading directly to her death. This problem is exaggerated when used earlier in the game; after one failed strike, Maltis is quickly surrounded and taken down.

While the Scout synergies, especially the Venoc Warlord's, are really nice, the synergy with the Werewolf Lord is more useful than you'd expect. While the Werewolf Lord appreciates having someone around to Moon Frenzy before he can spread his Lycanthropy, even after enemy heroes are corrupted Maltis can be worth choosing for the bonus turn, for all the reasons I spoke of above. Units like this that need just the right timing can most the most of free turns.

Summary

While just a filler unit, Maltis Tez provides enough different uses to be worth some order markers, mainly as a cleanup hero but possibly at other moments as well. A few different units give her some notable boosts, but she also plays well on her own. A decent little addition to most any army.

I vote Yea to induct Maltis Tez into the SoV.

Last edited by Scytale; April 17th, 2017 at 05:58 PM.
Old April 17th, 2017, 05:58 PM

Tetraites has passed United Fanscape review and moves forward in the process.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs