Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old November 6th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

to review War Mastiff

Interesting way of making a Common Hero. Pack Attack seems to go against the filler-ish design, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
Old November 6th, 2013, 11:22 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

to review the War Mastiff. I'm not sure there's anything wrong with it, I just can't see a regular dog in Valhalla.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 6th, 2013, 03:12 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Shouldn't Pack Attack be friendly War Mastiffs or War Mastiffs you control?

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old November 6th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
to review the War Mastiff. I'm not sure there's anything wrong with it, I just can't see a regular dog in Valhalla.
Well, these are war dogs, which I believe have been used extensively in warfare in human history, and if anyone wants to present the idea that only true, well trained heroes are summoned to Valhalla, then I present to you the Ashigaru.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 7th, 2013, 04:24 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
Shouldn't Pack Attack be friendly War Mastiffs or War Mastiffs you control?
Hmm. That has escaped everyone who has looked at it up to this point. Made the correction. Thanks!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old November 7th, 2013, 10:03 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
to review Armoc Warlord

The design is okay, but $15 dollars to get a single figure is a bit extreme, and this isn't like the C3V where a commitment could be made to using the entire box.
Agreed. C3V and SoV are completely different beasties in this respect. C3V will use a set only if there are plans to use the rest/most of it. There is no guarantee here, and $15 is far too much to spend on one figure IMO (at least a small/med figure).

to review Armoc Warlord.

Quote:
Same here. The pic is blury, but it looks like a puppy to me, not anything I would put in the same sentencne with the word 'war.'

to review War Mastiff.

-insert signature here-

Last edited by nyys; November 7th, 2013 at 11:06 AM.
Old November 7th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

[quote=nyys;1882730]
Quote:

Quote:
Same here. The pic is blury, but it looks like a puppy to me, not anything I would put in the same sentencne with the word 'war.'

to review War Mastiff.
Yeah, looking closer st it, much as I think the idea could work, that dog does look a bit too wimpy to be a war hound.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 7th, 2013, 10:39 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

[quote=nyys;1882730]
Quote:

to review War Mastiff.
http://auggiesgamesonline.3dcartstor...ff_p_6954.html

Here is a link to the figure where the picture is a little (only a little!) clearer.

Looks like a Mastiff to me

Similar (possibly the genetic predecessor of the Mastiff or possibly the same) dogs were used by the Assyrians, known by the Greeks (Sacred Band?), loved by the Britons (Scots? Vikings?), utilized by the Romans (Romans?), fought with knights (Templars? KoW?) during the Middle Ages, went hunting with the Colonials (10th? 4th?).

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old November 7th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Hard as ice

[quote=Tai-Pan;1882748]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:

to review War Mastiff.
http://auggiesgamesonline.3dcartstor...ff_p_6954.html

Here is a link to the figure where the picture is a little (only a little!) clearer.

Looks like a Mastiff to me

Similar (possibly the genetic predecessor of the Mastiff or possibly the same) dogs were used by the Assyrians, known by the Greeks (Sacred Band?), loved by the Britons (Scots? Vikings?), utilized by the Romans (Romans?), fought with knights (Templars? KoW?) during the Middle Ages, went hunting with the Colonials (10th? 4th?).
Ahh, that looks better to me. The pic you had on the card was so blurred it made the dog look shaggy and wimpy.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 7th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Might I suggest the following figure as an alternate?

It is from Pathfinder Minis, The Latest Release, Legends of Golarion. TATZLWYRM
I may use her now, looking at better pics: http://www.trollandtoad.com/p1046250.html

Says she's 2 inches tall though.

Yuan-Ti Swiftscale is 3 inches tall, but that's due to the sword in her raised arm. So they should have the same head height.

I'll buy one to check, unless someone has one.

Anyway, this discussion should move to my thread, maybe...

Thanks for reminding me about the Tatzlwyrm, Kinseth!
Old November 7th, 2013, 12:05 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Might I suggest the following figure as an alternate?

It is from Pathfinder Minis, The Latest Release, Legends of Golarion. TATZLWYRM
I may use her now, looking at better pics: http://www.trollandtoad.com/p1046250.html

Says she's 2 inches tall though.

Yuan-Ti Swiftscale is 3 inches tall, but that's due to the sword in her raised arm. So they should have the same head height.

I'll buy one to check, unless someone has one.

Anyway, this discussion should move to my thread, maybe...

Thanks for reminding me about the Tatzlwyrm, Kinseth!
A Suggestion for SoV, considering availability of figures these days. Perhaps allowing players to have Figure B as an alternative incase someone can't by Figure A. I believe this was done for Quahon.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old November 7th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
A Suggestion for SoV, considering availability of figures these days. Perhaps allowing players to have Figure B as an alternative incase someone can't by Figure A. I believe this was done for Quahon.
Quahon's proxy wasn't officially recognized, though, I think. It would be great if SoV would do that but I really doubt it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs