Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old January 4th, 2019, 06:42 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: LC's Customs- Minotaur Stampede 01/02/19

You can make the unit either Uncommon Hero or Common Hero, either way less than 50 points just so it makes effectively a four man squad but you have reinforcements for the bonding heroes.
Old January 4th, 2019, 06:53 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'd consider doing a low life Uncommon hero that could bond with Unique Hero Minotaurs when the OM is on the hero's card. That way they could have the OM on the US card and bond with a UH or UCH, then when the US gets down to 1 or 0 members you can start putting the OM on the UH's card and they can continue bonding with the UCH. Also putting an OM on one UCH would let you bond with one other UCH. 2 or 3 life so they can't be taken down easily with those 1W SP, but otherwise nothing too fancy on powers with basic stats to keep the cost down around 40-60 points each. It would be a fun way to fill out an all Minotaur army build if you wanted to do so and keep the competitive with the common squad armies.
Old January 9th, 2019, 10:58 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
You can make the unit either Uncommon Hero or Common Hero, either way less than 50 points just so it makes effectively a four man squad but you have reinforcements for the bonding heroes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I'd consider doing a low life Uncommon hero that could bond with Unique Hero Minotaurs when the OM is on the hero's card. That way they could have the OM on the US card and bond with a UH or UCH, then when the US gets down to 1 or 0 members you can start putting the OM on the UH's card and they can continue bonding with the UCH. Also putting an OM on one UCH would let you bond with one other UCH. 2 or 3 life so they can't be taken down easily with those 1W SP, but otherwise nothing too fancy on powers with basic stats to keep the cost down around 40-60 points each. It would be a fun way to fill out an all Minotaur army build if you wanted to do so and keep the competitive with the common squad armies.
I had been working on an Uncommon Hero so I definitely like the ideas for this.

@Yodaking were thinking of something like this on the UCH card?

Quote:
UCH NAME: Minotaur Captain
POWER NAME HERE
After revealing an Order Marker on the card of another Minotaur Hero you control and taking a turn with that figure, you may take a turn with one Minotaur Captain you control.
With that wording I am trying to avoid the problem of multiple cards having this power (being an UCH) and all of them triggering allowing you to take turns with each Minotaur Captain you control. That is why I went with the phrase "one Minotaur Captain you control" rather than the conventional "this Minotaur Captain" for UCH. Is this even close to what you were suggesting?
Old January 9th, 2019, 01:56 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!
Re: LC's Customs- Updated! Minotaur Stampede 01/09/19

Alright, while I continue to work on the Uncommon Hero, here are the updated cards for Brorok and the Minoan Guard. I took the suggestions into consideration and edited them accordingly...

Also, here are the two common squads I have planned.

Honestly, I am not sold on the bonding for Clan Tarvos. I feel it is almost like a "Well, they are a common squad so stick a bonding power on the card" kind of thing. From the beginning I wanted a Stampede kind of power on one of the cards for the faction. I thought the best solution would be to adapt Horde Movement. The "X" OM requirement is for dampening it down and the 2 space requirement is for thematic purposes (it isn't much of a stampede if they are scattered all over the battlefield).

The thought for the Minotaur Crossbow power is that with Minotaurs being powerful creatures, their crossbows would have tremendous draw weight. As a result, if you got shot at a close range it would do considerably more damage.

The faction as a whole will have a lot of movement options. I always pictured Minotaurs as the units that would charge head long into battle and everyone else racing to catch up. They are also meant as something of a bane to turtling range pods in that there will be plenty of opportunities across the faction to move multiple units.

Anyhow, here they are...

Any thoughts on any of these units?
Old January 9th, 2019, 03:44 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: LC's Customs- Sizing Help Needed 01/01/19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
I am working on some units that I am play testing before I purchase. The problem is I am not certain on their sizes which could effect movement and unit cost. I have been proxying them at single space Large 6. If you have the figures or know how big they are any help would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance!
You forgot to add this minotaur, I mean no disrespect but you missing one. The figure used for this unit is Blackspawn Exterminator from Auggies Wizards of the Coast D&D Set. The name and model number is Blackspawn Exterminator War of the Dragon Queen #042.

Old January 9th, 2019, 04:11 PM

Re: LC's Customs- Sizing Help Needed 01/01/19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
You forgot to add this minotaur, I mean no disrespect but you missing one. The figure used for this unit is Blackspawn Exterminator from Auggies Wizards of the Coast D&D Set. The name and model number is Blackspawn Exterminator War of the Dragon Queen #042.

Thanks for the heads up and recommendation. I have seen that figure, but I didn't include it because, even though it looks similar to a Minotaur, it is actually more of a reptilian creature. It certainly is a cool looking figure though. Besides that, I have been bitten off a good chunk as it is so I will stick with what I have so far and, if they turn out OK, I will add more to the faction. There a coupe of minotaur figures that are really cool but won't be making an appearance in this faction (for now).
Thanks again for posting your recommendation!
Old January 9th, 2019, 06:06 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

For starters, I do not have any minotaur miniatures yet and there are many out there.

Last edited by Heroscaper 101; January 16th, 2019 at 10:19 PM.
Old January 9th, 2019, 07:27 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I had been working on an Uncommon Hero so I definitely like the ideas for this.

@Yodaking were thinking of something like this on the UCH card?

Quote:
UCH NAME: Minotaur Captain
POWER NAME HERE
After revealing an Order Marker on the card of another Minotaur Hero you control and taking a turn with that figure, you may take a turn with one Minotaur Captain you control.
With that wording I am trying to avoid the problem of multiple cards having this power (being an UCH) and all of them triggering allowing you to take turns with each Minotaur Captain you control. That is why I went with the phrase "one Minotaur Captain you control" rather than the conventional "this Minotaur Captain" for UCH. Is this even close to what you were suggesting?

Yeah, that seems like the right direction for sure. I generally rely on Ronin for the final wording clarifications, but yeah you will want to make sure it's just one Capt. that gets to take a turn and not all Capt. as an uncommon hero.
Old January 10th, 2019, 05:08 PM

Okay, I made some changes to the common squads. I really didn't like the straight bonding power for Clan Tarvos so I dropped it and replaced it with War Cry from the Mohicans. Also, I changed up the defensive ability for the Arbalists and cribbed another power from the Mohicans- Concealment 19 (renamed Thick Hide for thematic purposes).

I am still not 100% certain of having a bonding option on Clan Tarvos.
Any thoughts?
Old January 16th, 2019, 10:21 PM

Do the minotaur miniatures have great availability which is 50+?
Old March 4th, 2019, 02:04 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Hey, @Lamaclown , just reading through this again and thought I'd offer some thoughts on these new customs.

I love the idea of Stampede so much, but I think it could be cleaned up a bit. If you remove the out-of-turn attack, you get something like this:

Quote:
STAMPEDE
Once per game, after taking a turn with Clan Torvos, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker that is on this card to Stampede. Move any number of Common Minotaur figures you control up to 4 spaces each. Then, one at a time, take up to three turns with Common Minotaur cards you control. During these turns, any figure taking a turn may not move, and only one figure may attack. Figures may only attack once during the Stampede. Figures moving with Stampede must end their movement within 2 clear sight spaces of another Minotaur you control.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards