Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old January 24th, 2018, 02:45 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
175 years for Nassar

Great to see him get this sentence and for the survivors to have their voices heard.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 24th, 2018, 03:36 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: 175 years for Nassar

Yes. Let him rot.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 24th, 2018, 04:04 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yeah, watched the live sentencing. A woman from hometown was the one to break the case open and it has been covered rigorously here.

The reaction from USAG and MSU has been nothing short of unacceptable disregard for the victims. I pray someone digs into this and eliminates anyone who was complicit to hopefully someday create a safe environment for females.
Old January 24th, 2018, 04:31 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I watched the sentencing at lunch and am impressed with that judge.

I'm glad that the girls are still looking for answers about others that let this behavior by Nassar continue. MSU and USAG have been complicit.

Aside from that piece of crap getting put away for the rest of his life, this case should help bring attention to situations like this and give girls and women a bigger voice.

Old January 24th, 2018, 04:37 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

20 years since the first reports. Disgraceful.
Especially after Penn State, it is incredible these powerful entities turned a blind eye.

The people wishing death on the children of the defending lawyers is pretty gross as well. Even evil gets a fair trial. We must never forget that.

I agree the judge was great.
Old January 24th, 2018, 04:42 PM
Prickly Cactus

I didn't know that there were such nasty things said about the defense lawyer's kids. That's disgusting.

Old January 24th, 2018, 04:48 PM

Yeah, that was the first statement made by the defense, unprepared, off the cuff reaction to an email they received that morning. I was impressed by his demeanor and all around class handling a difficult position and situation.
Old January 24th, 2018, 05:07 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I wonder if Nassar will get any special exams while he's in prison...we can only hope.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 24th, 2018, 05:29 PM

I will be really surprised if he does not commit suicide. He is a pure coward.

He wanted to be exempted from listening to the victim impact statements because he did not think he could handle the mental anguish.

My only hope is that he helps the investigation to find out who all covered this all up.

Last edited by Tornado; January 24th, 2018 at 06:12 PM.
Old January 24th, 2018, 06:49 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
My only hope is that he helps the investigation to find out who all covered this all up.
I actually don't...I wouldn't want him to have any delusions of redemption by helping.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old January 24th, 2018, 07:00 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
I actually don't...I wouldn't want him to have any delusions of redemption by helping.
But it's not about him, he's going to rot in prison until he kills himself, someone else kills him or he dies of old age or illness. So whatever his delusions would be, are irrelevant to me. Heck, he could have delusions that he only did "medical treatments" all those times, like he claimed in the letter he wrote to the judge.

But if there is any way he could share information about others that looked the other way all these years or blatantly covered it up, then to me, it's worth it so those people can be held accountable one way or the other. Exposing others in this could also be a deterrent in the future for others that are put in the same position, where they may think twice about looking the other way, or reporting something.

The cost of inaction has to be higher than the cost of action to get some people to do the right thing.

Old January 24th, 2018, 07:14 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
But it's not about him, he's going to rot in prison until he kills himself, someone else kills him or he dies of old age or illness. So whatever his delusions would be, are irrelevant to me. Heck, he could have delusions that he only did "medical treatments" all those times, like he claimed in the letter he wrote to the judge.

But if there is any way he could share information about others that looked the other way all these years or blatantly covered it up, then to me, it's worth it so those people can be held accountable one way or the other. Exposing others in this could also be a deterrent in the future for others that are put in the same position, where they may think twice about looking the other way, or reporting something.

The cost of inaction has to be higher than the cost of action to get some people to do the right thing.
Don't get me wrong I hope everyone involved gets their due it's just my wish that it comes not from him for a couple of reasons...1. I mentioned above and 2. I don't want anyone to think the others were only caught because he was caught.

Though it may come later in this case I want there to be an example that people can't get away with this disgusting crap and if someone is brave enough to step up there are people with the skills and willingness to find the trust without needing an informant.

Also the one thing he could get would be a protective custody unit in prison by assisting and I'd like to avoid that as long as possible.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General