Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old July 8th, 2015, 01:03 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game (Looks HeroScap

Sounds like good rules to use. Are you going with Jandar=white, Ullar=green, Einar=red, Utgar=black, and Vydar=blue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 8th, 2015, 01:51 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

@quozl I was going to have the planeswalkers only summon their official colors
With the Kings variant, yes the classic generals would be in exactly the color breakdown you've outlined.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old July 8th, 2015, 02:03 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

That would be my color to general break down as well.
Old July 8th, 2015, 02:16 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What to do with those upstarts, Aquilla and Valkrill?

Quote:
Old July 8th, 2015, 02:19 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Aquila = also Green; Valkrill = also Black? But for the dwarves, that's pretty obvious. I wouldn't change it just to make sense out of the dwarves.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 8th, 2015, 02:36 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

You could toss Aquilla in with Einar instead of Ullar if you want to put the Dwarves in the Red color like they are in the Magic card game. Granite Guardians also seem like they belong in the Red (mountain) Magic faction. It will be strange that the Water Elemental is not blue though. Perhaps Aquila should be a multi-color faction. Valkrill is most certainly Black with his Death Knights, Death Chasers, & Demons.

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Yodaking; July 8th, 2015 at 02:54 PM.
Old July 8th, 2015, 03:12 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The trading card game has the potential for multi-color cards and decks. Does Arena of the Planeswalkers allow for such a thing within their rules framework or would they need to make new rules to support it?

If we're casting the generals and allowing for multicolor:
Jandar: White/Blue (primarily white)
Ullar: Green
Einar: Red/White (you could force him red but he's got a discipline thing to him)
Vydar: Blue/Black (some black there with dragons and undead, mostly blue)
Utgar: Black/Red/Blue (blue mainly for soulborgs, mostly black)
Aquilla: Green/Red/Blue (look at Yodaking's breakdown)
Valkrill: Black/Red (red for chaotic destruction aspect)
Old July 8th, 2015, 06:37 PM
C-Wedgie

cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness cwidje wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
The trading card game has the potential for multi-color cards and decks. Does Arena of the Planeswalkers allow for such a thing within their rules framework or would they need to make new rules to support it?

If we're casting the generals and allowing for multicolor:
Jandar: White/Blue (primarily white)
Ullar: Green
Einar: Red/White (you could force him red but he's got a discipline thing to him)
Vydar: Blue/Black (some black there with dragons and undead, mostly blue)
Utgar: Black/Red/Blue (blue mainly for soulborgs, mostly black)
Aquilla: Green/Red/Blue (look at Yodaking's breakdown)
Valkrill: Black/Red (red for chaotic destruction aspect)
As an avid Magic player, I think this breakdown is the most accurate.

Though numerous pronunciation attempts have been made, I have recently spurned my moniker. Feel free to refer to me as BowTieJones instead.
Old July 8th, 2015, 06:47 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I'm not sure if Vydar has much Black in him, and I'd say Utgar is 95% Black with only the tiniest touch of Red/Blue... but otherwise yeah, that seems accurate to me.

Planeswalkers you could assign pretty easily based on personality - they'd vary pretty widely even by color. I'd put Chandra with Aquilla, Koth with Einar, and Tibalt with Valkrill - and all three of them are mono-Red. The challenge would be in the squads.

If you're porting over the Planeswalker rules, though, with summoning and all, you can just jam in the color distinction. Chandra is an Aquilla figure, but a Red Planeswalker. She can summon Red Creatures. Whatever she summons follows the same General she does.
Old July 8th, 2015, 07:00 PM

I'm not sure if the color rule for units needs to be implemented with the planeswalkers. Testing will tell, of course, but I don't see any issues with any planeswalker summoning any unit.

Quote:

Last edited by quozl; July 8th, 2015 at 08:07 PM.
Old July 8th, 2015, 07:50 PM
C3G Landlord

I think the divvying up of units is based on theme not balance. Each magic color has access to it's own types of units and spells. Black/Swamp based magic has a death magic and undead units, White/Plains based magic has lots of healing and protection spells, etc. So when the White Plainswalker faces off vs. the Black Plainswalker, you have a battle of life vs. death.
Old July 8th, 2015, 08:08 PM

And Magic colors are mixed in decks all the time so thematically it should be like Heroscape where all units can be mixed together.

Quote:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion