Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old December 15th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
That's the only one I have yet to see in action. Figures. :P

Old December 15th, 2006, 05:09 PM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velenne
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
I am starting to think that the Flagbearers are not so bueno. In every one of our "friendlies" the army that uses them gets their butt handed to them. I guess we'll have to wait for wisinger to teach us how to use them.
QFT
Quoted For Truth
Old December 15th, 2006, 05:40 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
I am starting to think that the Flagbearers are not so bueno. In every one of our "friendlies" the army that uses them gets their butt handed to them. I guess we'll have to wait for wisinger to teach us how to use them.
QFT
Quoted For Truth
I won't tell you what I thought that stood for!

Old December 15th, 2006, 05:42 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Quit %*&$ Tripping?

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old December 19th, 2006, 02:15 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Alright what do you think of this army?

Krug-120
arrow gruts x3-120
grimnak-120
heavy gruts-70
swog rider x2-50

total: 480

I really hate wasting 20 pts but the army seems to work real well as it is. if only i had 5 more pts to spend on another swog rider then the army would be perfect. oh well. I could take out the hvy gruts and put in 2 regular gruts but i think the hvy gruts work better. Although i haven't had to use them much yet as krug, swogs, and arrow gruts seem to destroy everything anyway.

i like the hvy gruts because they will last longer than the regular gruts. i know this sounds obvious but there is more meaning behind it. 1: they move with grimnak 2:they benefit from grimnak and are therefore a 4/4 unit with 4 members in the squad 3: they are basically 4 dumutef guards that bond with chompy. This being said i think that one squad of hvy gruts is better than 2 squads of regulars as the regulars would keep dying and i would be attempting to bring reinforcements as the remainder of grimnak and gruts are getting beat. With chompy and hvy gruts however, there is a very powerful clean-up unit for the end game that packs a huge punch.

I would like to do more playtesting of this army however. As i said before, i havent even needed to use grimnak yet, yay for this army! Tell me what you think!
Old December 26th, 2006, 02:57 AM

Messenger has disabled reputation
Why not drop the swogs for another squad of heavies?

120 Krug
120 Arrow Gruts x 3
120 Grimnak
140 Heavy Gruts x 2

500 pts.

Then you have two waves of attack. Yeah, the swogs won't be there to boost the arrow g's, but the additional heavies utilizes their 'common' benefit.

There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Romans 3:22-24
Old December 26th, 2006, 06:02 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
yes i suppose i could try that combo, could be really effective
Old January 8th, 2007, 02:29 PM

my new army i love trying is a combination of some of the voted "best" new units in the game.

Q9-180
nakita agents-120
laglor-110
deathreavers x2-80

total:490 (takes up 14 starting hexes)

this army is working real well. Q9 dominates everyone. nakitas protect everyone and can kill some stuff if needed from far away thanks to laglor. Q9 with his uber range and high single attack is great for hero killing. the deathreavers are like my favorite part of the army. they tie up units real well, plus they can grab glyphs. the key to defeating cc armies is to tie up with roborats and shoot away, the key to range is to simply outrange them, which is pretty easy as well, considering most ranged armies can't even shoot at you effectively. laglor actually is a good ending hero if needed. it has won 3/3 games i've tried with them so far. almost got beat by a roman/marro warlord army with AE (who dropped first turn and decimated my army with grenades at 2 skulls each) it seems to do real well, i want to playtest more.

but your opinions?
Old January 8th, 2007, 02:34 PM
has been BANNED

Stealth Dodge is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I'd think Nilfheim could give your army problems. His special attack could cut through the Nakitas and Reavers and with his mobility and attack could take down Q9
Old January 8th, 2007, 02:36 PM

another awesome army is an army happyjosiah introduced me to. it features:

marcus-100
roman legionnaires x3-150
me-burq-sa-50
ne-gok-sa-90
AE-110

total:500 (takes up 16 hexes at start [not including dropped AE])

this army works together so well. 3 warlords to bond with roman legionnaires, marcus helping movement bonus to both romans and AE. ne-gok-sa can go up first to try to mindshackle, then me-burq-sa, then marcus, or whatever. the AE are put in there cause this army needs range badly, and what better army than the AE? they can drop and decimate anything. glyph grab, grenade, so many possibilities. this is a very intimidating army to play against.

ur thoughts?
Old January 8th, 2007, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Dodge
I'd think Nilfheim could give your army problems. His special attack could cut through the Nakitas and Reavers and with his mobility and attack could take down Q9
this is very possible, i'll have to play against him.although two squads of deathreavers might be able to tie him up for long enough for Q9 to crush him from range. hard to tell. if i get reavers up far enough and tie nilf far away i might just be able to take him down. but it is definetely a problem to deal with

and of course braxas is always a problem. i would do the same thing against braxas as i would against nilf. hopefully counting on the fact that they won't disengage 4 roborats to get to nakitas and laglor. stuff i need to playtest against still
Old January 8th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven
another awesome army is an army happyjosiah introduced me to. it features:

marcus-100
roman legionnaires x3-150
me-burq-sa-50
ne-gok-sa-90
AE-110

total:500 (takes up 16 hexes at start [not including dropped AE])

this army works together so well. 3 warlords to bond with roman legionnaires, marcus helping movement bonus to both romans and AE. ne-gok-sa can go up first to try to mindshackle, then me-burq-sa, then marcus, or whatever. the AE are put in there cause this army needs range badly, and what better army than the AE? they can drop and decimate anything. glyph grab, grenade, so many possibilities. this is a very intimidating army to play against.

ur thoughts?
Okay - here's weirdness for you - I was using the Suprisingly Tart Draft tool last night with 450 point armies and it came up with that EXACT army less one squad of romans. I think it looks like a very solid squad.

~Aldin, who is always looking for new ways to look at army building

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion