Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

Old January 24th, 2018, 06:22 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: 175 years for Nassar

I agree that I would prefer that he couldn't benefit in any way.

Others need to pay as well, and people start to have a different mindset and priority.

A trustee at MSU commented about the school president I believe or it may have been someone else high on the food chain. This guy said that even though there was this Nassar thing, this president or whoever did such a wonderful job of raising money for a nice basketball stadium.

Really?

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 25th, 2018, 02:47 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yes, pretty much exactly.

Those words were among those that burned me the most.

They were in regards to the president of MSU, a person who has been aware of what Nassar has been doing for two decades. Someone who had the full support of all but one trustee at MSU, someone who would never be made to leave. Someone who resigned today and in doing so stated that it was inevitable because these type of situations result in the people in power paying the price.

The first know complaints against Nassar were registered in 1997 at MSU. These victims were told they were wrong and their complaints were systematically filed away in a cabinet. MSU has stated recently that yes they received complaints but it was actually the victims' fault for not filing complaints with authorities. The fault of the children!

These are people that deserve to burn next to Nassar and I pray their day to face justice is near.

Nearly all of the victims who filed complaints had their abuse take place after that brave victim came forward in 1997.

Another victim told her parents and they did not believe her. Her father worked with abused children and was appalled that his daughter would make false claims.
Her story was perhaps the most sad of all the living survivors (I believe at least one committed suicide but I may be mixing that up with another story).

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 25th, 2018, 03:19 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

You're probably remembering this piece of the tragic story:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/536158...-coachs-abuse/

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 25th, 2018, 03:29 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Yes, exactly, thanks DS.
Old January 25th, 2018, 03:46 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Nasser's sentencing is what the law allows as punishment for Nasser. Okay. Doesn't feel like enough, but I think that's mostly because there isn't an "enough".

As for the rest of the program, burn it all down. I love USA gymnastics, and the thought of the systemic corruption makes me want to vomit. Find someone of character willing and able to take the lead in rebuilding. Personally, I kinda like the idea of asking Kristi Yamaguchi.

~Aldin, angrily

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old January 25th, 2018, 04:13 PM

MSU cover-up.

If you can watch any interview with Rachael Denhollander. She was the one that broke this open and is called the general among an army of survivors.
Old January 25th, 2018, 04:43 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

There are those among you who think of law enforcement as the ones wearing the black hats. Police & prosecutors, and their sinister use surveillance and other tools at their disposal.

Just remember, when you go online to complain about the tools at our disposal, and you pronounce that prosecutors and police are unethical or whatever: this is what we do every day. We chase monsters.

I'm glad to see everybody celebrating this outcome. It should be celebrated. And most of you don't need to see this post. But it is exhausting to read, across the internet and across the political spectrum, cynical posts about prosecutors and police, when what we do for a living is chase guys like this. Nobody should get a free pass for messing up, including any of us, and I'm not saying we're above reproach. But the cynical "prosecutors are all political hacks; police are thugs" crap gets really frustrating.

Here endeth the lecture.

= =
Old January 25th, 2018, 05:47 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
MSU cover-up.

If you can watch any interview with Rachael Denhollander. She was the one that broke this open and is called the general among an army of survivors.
That's something! Sadly, I'm sure this type of cover up has happened at many universities across the country, though thankfully not to this extent for a monster such as Nassar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
There are those among you who think of law enforcement as the ones wearing the black hats. Police & prosecutors, and their sinister use surveillance and other tools at their disposal.

Just remember, when you go online to complain about the tools at our disposal, and you pronounce that prosecutors and police are unethical or whatever: this is what we do every day. We chase monsters.

I'm glad to see everybody celebrating this outcome. It should be celebrated. And most of you don't need to see this post. But it is exhausting to read, across the internet and across the political spectrum, cynical posts about prosecutors and police, when what we do for a living is chase guys like this. Nobody should get a free pass for messing up, including any of us, and I'm not saying we're above reproach. But the cynical "prosecutors are all political hacks; police are thugs" crap gets really frustrating.

Here endeth the lecture.

I here you DS and can only imagine your frustration. I haven't seen stuff about prosecutors, we must read different things online. But yeah, cops get slammed. There are some bad cops that mess things up for the good ones, and if I were a cop, I'd be pissed at those guys. These days, everything gets exaggerated by the internet, as 10 negative instances in a year or whatever puts a black mark on the whole, even though there were 100's of thousands of non-event law encounters. Some people's emotions get triggered online because they have tunnel vision.

Just today, I saw on Facebook, a story shared by a guy I know from gaming in the past. It was a post originated by a feminist site and was ripping on how men are complaining that he judge in the Nassar case was mean. There may have been some comments to that effect on the original post, but a friend of this guy I know said to the effect that it's just likely people trolling that site to rile them up. I gave a "meh" comment of my own, saying that the men I've spoken to or communicated with online, like here, had liked the judge, or had no negative thing to say about her.

There are too many echochambers and trolls online and anymore, I have come to dismiss a lot of the really stupid comments that I read because I think some people are just trolling or the others are just to damn stupid to care about.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 25th, 2018, 06:05 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

I'm not trying to defend the bad ones. Just trying to call attention to the tone of the conversation, which is sometimes unkind.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General