Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old May 19th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMoochie View Post
It's also really bloody/profane in weird unexpected ways. If you talk to your party members after a battle, whether darkspawn, rats, or skeletons, they look like they were standing downwind of the wood chipper in "Fargo." There's also no safe place for observers when you're running around town. Characters will swear pretty graphically with not a lot of warning. Definitely not a game to have around the kids.
The dialog is barely graphic, it's a M-rated game, so one shouldn't be shocked if you hear a few bad words.

As to the gore, you can turn that off.

Also, you do not have to spend 40 hours managing wardrobes - the game isn't a Diablo style game where you are dumping armor and weapons constantly. The start you switch occasionally, but the further into the game you switch less and less. If you have ever played any RPG game, it's just like that. No different at all from Fallout or Final Fantasy. And like ALL RPG's, there are talent, skills, powers that are better/more useful than others.

If you like story heavy RPG's, it's a wonderful game - if you want a frentic action rpg-lite, then stay away.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old May 19th, 2011, 10:37 PM

LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby! LilMoochie rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
it's a M-rated game, so one shouldn't be shocked if you hear a few bad words....
All valid points. It's frustrating that the ESRB hasn't found a way to differentiate between Halo (alien goo) and GTA IV (sex, swearing and rampant violence) but that's a discussion for another day. Still- I've made a "living" of sorts doing my "town business" in RPGs when the kids are awake and venturing out into the violent inappropriate-for-little-ones dungeons abroad after they go to sleep. Dragon Age, for good or for naught, blurs that line.

I would argue, however, that Dragon Age requires WAY more in-menu time than it has a right to ask for- we can leave it at that.

Last edited by LilMoochie : five minutes ago.
Reason: You think it's mindless drivel now? You should have seen it before.
LilMoochie's Maps, LilMoochie's trades
Old May 20th, 2011, 09:33 AM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Finished Outland the other night. Really solid game. The main problem is that it starts way way too slow. The first level and a half (of 5) are really wasted. It's really not until 4 and 5 that the game really starts to shine.
Old May 20th, 2011, 01:28 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Check out this trailer for Terraria, the co-op 2D Minecraftesque building/fighting game that looks like it was made for the SNES.

Old May 21st, 2011, 02:52 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Star Wars Battlefront 2. It's been 5 years since I bought this game and it still one of the best that I have ever played.

Old May 21st, 2011, 03:19 PM

Corzan is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
Star Wars Battlefront 2. It's been 5 years since I bought this game and it still one of the best that I have ever played.
Oh, most definitely.

SWBF 3 was looking good in the leaked footage, but after the company that was making it went bankrupt, it kinda died. Still, 2 is pretty darned awesome.

Kinda (sorta) taking a break from HSers. Check out Toraili, a group effort by me and I Hate Atlaga.

And if there's one thread I'll still post in, it's the Minecraft thread, here.
Old May 21st, 2011, 03:41 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If they would've made melee and option in the game, it would have been epic. I haven't played in awhile, but still one of my favorite games of all times.

Right now I'm playing some World at War and Black Ops. I don't know what it is, but World at War multiplayer is far superior to Black Ops. Maybe I'm just saying that because I suck at Black Ops and am pretty good at World at War.
Old May 21st, 2011, 03:49 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
If they would've made melee and option in the game, it would have been epic. I haven't played in awhile, but still one of my favorite games of all times.

Right now I'm playing some World at War and Black Ops. I don't know what it is, but World at War multiplayer is far superior to Black Ops. Maybe I'm just saying that because I suck at Black Ops and am pretty good at World at War.
Hooray for 20 kill tank rampages!

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old May 21st, 2011, 04:52 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post

I have never played World at War multiplayer, so I'm comparing to MW2, but I didn't like Black Ops mulitplayer either. I beat the campaign, played zombies for a bit, then sold the game. It just really didn't interest me like the other installments did.

Old May 21st, 2011, 05:10 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post

Amazing game. On National Star Wars Day, I 'played through' the movies, doing all of the 'movie levels' with the appropriate faction.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old May 21st, 2011, 05:24 PM

Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker Chardris1287 knows what's in an order marker

Sins of a Solar Empire. Space battles on an incredible scale, really easy to lose time playing this.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 08:25 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Got to the last boss in Gear of War, and apparently you desperately need the Torque Bow. Since this game is a douche bag, I can't go back and get one now, so **** it. It also doesn't help that my team mate chooses the last boss fight to not listen to me when I tell him to stay back.

I don't like how 27 different actions are on 1 button either. It's annoying to try to roadie run or evade roll and accidentally latch onto cover, or vise versa.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games