Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old April 15th, 2017, 12:50 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Thanks Tornado

I think adding a level would be doable, maybe with some foamboard. It would be easy enough to cut notches into to fit around the vertical parts along the inside of the wall. 2 hexes "may" be doable for the large ruin, but probably only 1 hex for the small one.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old April 15th, 2017, 05:47 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

@Tornado

I just slapped this together in about 15 minutes. Didn't do a perfect job, but mostly wanted to see if it could be done with foamboard. Not sure how it will look when painted, as I've never painted foamboard before. There may be other options like MDF or thin plastic.

Old April 15th, 2017, 06:38 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Really cool.

I used Valspar Stone spray paint (manhattan mist) on some foam board ruins. It does not melt the foam. I think you can seal the edges with Elmer's glue and it is safe to paint.
Old April 15th, 2017, 07:16 PM
Prickly Cactus

Cool, thanks! I may give it a go for real sometime and make the cuts along the ruin edge a bit tighter. I was going for speed just to see if it could work.

I just checked, and a normal size figure will fit under it. Wizards and sorceresses with big fancy staves raised in the air are out of luck

Old April 15th, 2017, 08:19 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

You could put some holes in there for the staves to fit through.
Old April 15th, 2017, 08:48 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
You could put some holes in there for the staves to fit through.
Nah...there should be some kind of karma hitting them back for them being so showoffy with their fancy staves

Old April 15th, 2017, 08:52 PM

That is downright prickly.
Old April 15th, 2017, 10:16 PM
Prickly Cactus

I have a reputation to live up to

Old April 15th, 2017, 10:31 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Any specific Brand's of static grass\flocking sets you folk would recommend?

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old April 15th, 2017, 11:11 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades fan View Post
Any specific Brand's of static grass\flocking sets you folk would recommend?
This is the stuff I've collected and have used so far.

The tall container is Woodland Scenics Blended Turf, Earth Blend. I use it for flocking and for low cut ground cover

The circular containers are by Galeforce Nine. Left to right is superfine basing grit, medium basing grit, and green static grass.

The square container in front is by Army Painter and is Brown Battleground. It's darker and a little bit finer than the GF9 medium basing grit above it.

The 2 long rectangular packages are by Army Painter. They are Lowland Shrubs on the left and Mountain Tufts on the right. They have 3 different sizes in the package. They are tacky under them and pull off the wax paper like stuff inside. I don't trust them to stick to a base for the long term with just that tackiness, so I superglue them on.

I use Elmers wood glue for all the other basing things. I apply the grit, grass or flock before varnishing the model/mini. I glue the tufts on after the figure is varnished, as I heard that the varnish might make the tuft look kind of Jenky.

For the grit or flock, I brush the glue on the base with a crappy little brush, then dip the figure into the container to cover the base and let it sit for a little bit. Then I pull it out and tap it down a little with a side of a toothpick and then turn it over and tap the loose stuff off into the container. Being that the flock type stuff is in a big container, I have to poor some into a separate container to be able to dip the figure into it. For the static grass, I brush on the glue but don't dip the figure. I have a piece of paper that was folded in half and straightened back out. I put the static grass container on that and take the static grass out with my fingers or tweezers and drop it on the base of the figure. Lightly tamp down with side of toothpick and let set for a bit. Then turn it over and tap the underside of the base to get the excess grass off and get the remainder to stand up a little bit. So there will be excess grass on that piece of paper, and I can remove the figure and container, then mostly fold the paper to gather the grass into the crease and then poor it back into the container.

If you wan to have more than one type finish on the base, basically glue and dip one part at a time.

Old April 15th, 2017, 11:34 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks again. Got a big paint order on the way from Amazon and thinking of adding some more static grass and grit to it. Those army painters sets look very nice to add another dimension to bases. I'll most likely look for them at my local game store.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old April 16th, 2017, 09:59 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Had a Four Player game of Shogun by Queen Games, and introduced two new players to this fun design. Kolakoski pulled out a two point victory! Its been fun taking this game out of the closet, and we've already played three times, doubling the number of total games I've played of it from years ago. Still haven't tried the expansion yet.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games