Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old May 19th, 2011, 12:56 PM

Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker
Re: Fan Fic Contest: Are you the best writer?

So far, it's a tough contest...I can't honestly say I know who's winning at the moment.

Orcs Blade is Evar Scarcarver...
in theTWILIGHT CAVE...
Old May 19th, 2011, 04:58 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

I've written the first part of mine but I'm going to warn you now it may be pretty long. I want to make sure mine is as good as possible though, because I'd like to win this time.
Old May 19th, 2011, 06:42 PM

Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker

I don't mind how long it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassistofDoom
I'd like to win this time.
As opposed to the other times, when you didn't want to win?

in theTWILIGHT CAVE...
Old May 19th, 2011, 06:54 PM

dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby!

Whoa. The fanfic section's exploded since I was forced to take a break from Hsers.com. That's awesome. This is awesome, this fanfic competition idea. I'm going to have to throw my hat into the ring now that I have the time.

Keep up the good work, guys.

Currently Sigless.
Gotta Go to the Sig Bank.
Old May 19th, 2011, 06:55 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcs Blade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BassistofDoom
I'd like to win this time.
As opposed to the other times, when you didn't want to win?
Yes, you see last time I was trying to achieve last place and it took me a couple rounds but I accomplished my goal, so winning is next on the list.
Old May 19th, 2011, 08:59 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Well I'll help you out. I'm completely blank for this challenge. One of the major causes is that a couple of players easy to control, a few fair to control, 4 you're pushing it, 5 alright but don't expect much character development, 6+ forget it.

I'll try and get something up, but I'm not making promises, because it probably won't happen.

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.
Old May 19th, 2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven Lord View Post
Well I'll help you out. I'm completely blank for this challenge. One of the major causes is that a couple of players easy to control, a few fair to control, 4 you're pushing it, 5 alright but don't expect much character development, 6+ forget it.

I'll try and get something up, but I'm not making promises, because it probably won't happen.
That's why my story will be rather long. I have 5 characters I need to take care of so it will take a lot of space.
Old May 20th, 2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven Lord View Post

Yeah, I realize it's hard, but that's why they call it a challenge.

I don't mind long stories, so it shouldn't be impossible.

in theTWILIGHT CAVE...
Old May 20th, 2011, 06:28 PM

Well, here's my story. I have a feeling it was a bit rushed and I didn't do quite as much with it as I would've liked, but I think it's decent. And as a side note Orcs Blade, are you not coming to the Savage tourney?
Spoiler Alert!
Old May 20th, 2011, 06:54 PM

Very nice story! Clearly in the lead so far!

And no, I can't come to the tourney. I have a lot of homework that my teachers have started assigning me, and my Dad didn't want to drive, so...

in theTWILIGHT CAVE...
Old May 20th, 2011, 07:20 PM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart

Now it is no longer a run away.

The Final Battle

"The time has come!" A messenger shouted, charging through the doors of the Grand Hall to the dais where Jandar sat. His sudden arrival caught the immediate attention of the Valkyrie general, who turned towards the intruder. "The time is now my lord! Utgar has been crippled! Gather the Generals and hasten now to war!" With his message completed, the messenger collapsed from exhaustion.
Send word to the other Generals to prepare for war!" Jandar ordered his advisor.

"It will be too risky to have them attack the southern side," Jandar said to Einar, "Utgar has been weakened by the loss of his wellspring, but his army is still massive. The mountain pass is too defensible. Your forces are needed elsewhere," Einar nodded in response. They now stood in a tent, five miles north of where Utgar's fortress, Ra'thang, waited. Assembled with them were the other three generals of the alliance.
"We have to put some troops there, or else we allow Utgar an escape route," Vydar stated coolly.
"That is true. Would you mind sending Major X17 and the Blastatrons and Gladiatrons to the mouth of the pass to bottle it up?"
"That is no problem Jandar. They wouldn't serve much purpose storming a castle anyway, not much to grab when the enemy is behind a wall."
Discussions of this type raged throughout the day and night among the Generals as they decided the overall plan of the coming battle. At last the battle plan was decided, and each General had decided that they themselves would lead their respective armies in what everyone assembled knew would be the last battle. Whether it would result in victory or defeat, none knew.
The Generals finally adjourned the meeting and went to rest before the battle. None could rest however as the tension in the air was far too great for anyone soldier gathered to relax. Each General had brought all the forces they had assembled to this final battle.

After an almost eternal night, the morning came, and the sun's first glimpse of the world revealed an army never before amassed on this, or any, world marching steadily south. When at last they reached the walls of Ra'thang, every soldier was met with a sudden rush of terror.
Standing around the entire fortress sat an army that was easily the rival of the allied Generals. Utgar had managed to summon every soldier spread out across Valhalla to defend him in his time of crisis. Orcs grinned madly at the thought of bloodshed, Utgar's Minions raised their axes in anticipation, howls tore through the dawn as the wolves waited eagerly for the feast they would have after the killing, soulborgs stood at the top of the wall, ready to rain death on the enemy, Utgar himself stood at the forefront of his fortress and his army.
Jandar would not be cowed by his enemy's show of power however. He signaled all those gathered to move to their respective positions and watched as they shifted formations without a word.
"This is it", Jandar whispered to himself. He looked to his right and saw Sgt. Drake standing at attention next to him, looking out on the army before him. "It all ends here Drake. It has been an honor to fight with you all these years."
"The honor is mine sir. I am humbled that you chose me to stand here next to you in this fight."
Jandar turned back to the army and raised his hammer above his head. The army assembled behind him let out a raucous shout. Utgar's army responded with a shout of their own, and as each army tried to outshout the other, the resulting noise was so great that it was heard across the entire universe. The fate of the entire universe now rested on the victor of the resulting battle.
Jandar brought his hammer down and the allied armies charged across the field towards the enemy. The battle was fierce as both bodies of soldiers moved like landmasses against each other, both stubbornly refusing to yield. Utgar cut down the sentinal in front of him and turned to his attendent. He gave the attendent a wicked smile and turned back to the fighting, seeking a certain opponent. The attendent pulled out a horn and blew three long blasts from it.
An answering horn was heard and Jandar turned to where he heard it. Upon seeing what was behind his army his courage almost failed. Behind his army now sat another, only slightly smaller army, consisting of Marro and undead. His army was now heavily outnumbered.
Jandar's attention was brought back to the battle as gunfire from a Soulborg seared across his vision. A thought suddenly struck him. "To the gates!" he yelled. The soldiers began a renewed push towards the gates, fear of being surrounded driving them on.
A shout behind him turned Jandar around. Someone had called his name. Looking behind him, Jandar stood face to face with his most hated enemy. Jandar turned fully towards Utgar and approached him, raising his hammer. Utgar hefted his ax and charged Jandar.
Jandar brought down his hammer, which was deflected by Utgar.
"You've made a mistake coming here," Utgar hissed. Jandar swung again at Utgar, desperate to end what Utgar had started.

Last edited by bumper15; May 20th, 2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old May 20th, 2011, 10:07 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

I'll have a look at these when I get the chance, but I have to go in like 10 minutes.

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction