Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old February 28th, 2016, 08:01 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Nhah Scirh Cultists

I was having a little bit of trouble finding specifically the clones figures anywhere for sale. Somewhat surprisingly, amazon was the place I ended up finding them, when all of the regular online miniature stores where sold out.

http://www.amazon.com/Rackham-SCRE01.../dp/B001DXF0S0

If this is not the clones that are supposed to be used, let me know. (I've been wrong before)
Old February 28th, 2016, 09:36 AM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
I was having a little bit of trouble finding specifically the clones figures anywhere for sale. Somewhat surprisingly, amazon was the place I ended up finding them, when all of the regular online miniature stores where sold out.

http://www.amazon.com/Rackham-SCRE01.../dp/B001DXF0S0

If this is not the clones that are supposed to be used, let me know. (I've been wrong before)
Those are the correct figures.
Old April 30th, 2018, 05:25 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Since the Clones, Crossbowmen, Sentinels, and Skorize are all officially accepted as sculpts, would it be possible for the alternate cards to get added to the OP? I initially mistook the text to mean that each of those was the name of one of the figures until I read further into this thread.

Also, I've noticed that almost all of these options are pricy or hard to find now, but there are still Hybrids from the same faction that look very similar:

I know that we're of course free to proxy in our own games as we see fit, but I was wondering if these could fit the same bill of the Crossbowmen/Sentinels as being close enough to be treated as the same by C3V. These are guys that I could see myself using at a tournament someday, so I'd hate to purchase cheaper sculpts that I can't actually use.
Old April 30th, 2018, 07:21 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Since the Clones, Crossbowmen, Sentinels, and Skorize are all officially accepted as sculpts, would it be possible for the alternate cards to get added to the OP? I initially mistook the text to mean that each of those was the name of one of the figures until I read further into this thread.

Also, I've noticed that almost all of these options are pricy or hard to find now, but there are still Hybrids from the same faction that look very similar:

I know that we're of course free to proxy in our own games as we see fit, but I was wondering if these could fit the same bill of the Crossbowmen/Sentinels as being close enough to be treated as the same by C3V. These are guys that I could see myself using at a tournament someday, so I'd hate to purchase cheaper sculpts that I can't actually use.
I’m sure a TD would allow those as proxies. The one (and only lol) event I ran, someone used a Deathwalker as a proxy for Morgloth.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old April 30th, 2018, 11:37 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks for the response. For the longest time, I actually thought that these guys were the right sculpts, until I was finally considering purchasing them and checked again to see that out of four official options, they're not included.

I think that the argument for them as proxies is pretty strong, considering that they're the same race and type, and the base unit already has many different versions holding unique weapons. They do have some minor variations in terms of their armor, but I didn't even notice that until checking the sculpts again, so I think that they're about as close as can be.

I did want to see the community's stance before pulling the trigger on them instead of the more expensive Crossbowmen, though, just to make sure that it wouldn't end up costing me even more to get the "right" sculpts.
Old May 1st, 2018, 10:17 AM

The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby! The Dewk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Thanks for the response. For the longest time, I actually thought that these guys were the right sculpts, until I was finally considering purchasing them and checked again to see that out of four official options, they're not included.

I think that the argument for them as proxies is pretty strong, considering that they're the same race and type, and the base unit already has many different versions holding unique weapons. They do have some minor variations in terms of their armor, but I didn't even notice that until checking the sculpts again, so I think that they're about as close as can be.

I did want to see the community's stance before pulling the trigger on them instead of the more expensive Crossbowmen, though, just to make sure that it wouldn't end up costing me even more to get the "right" sculpts.
I'd let you play these guys at any of my tournaments These guys make more sense as alternative sculpts than the crossbowmen, no question.
Old May 1st, 2018, 10:37 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I would allow them as proxies without hesitation.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old May 1st, 2018, 11:10 AM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I think you'd have to try really hard to find a TD that allows C3V but would not allow these.

The only even vaguely plausible scenario I can think of is if they end up getting used for a different C3V unit. And I don't think that's very plausible.
Old May 4th, 2018, 02:22 AM

Thanks for the assurance, everyone. I just lucked out and found a newly listed official box of Clones and Skorize on discount, though, so thankfully I won't have to worry about vetting them as proxies in the future. It's nice to know that most C3V tournaments aren't so strict about using the right sculpt, though!
Old June 26th, 2020, 05:09 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

I find it fascinating that the card uses 3 Clones and 1 Scorize when the recommended figures also include the Crossbowmen and Sentinel. I guess I can see why the Crossbowmen wouldn't make the card (since that be a range/melee inconsistency), but why not the Sentinel?

EDIT: Guess I should read the thread before posting.
Old June 18th, 2021, 09:34 PM

Tropix has disabled reputation

It is stated that "The model names are Clones (, Crossbowmen (, Sentinels (6), and Skorize (4).", however, the card shows three Clones and one Skorize... Which is correct, the card or the listed figures?

Thanks.
Old June 18th, 2021, 10:17 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropix View Post
It is stated that "The model names are Clones (, Crossbowmen (, Sentinels (6), and Skorize (4).", however, the card shows three Clones and one Skorize... Which is correct, the card or the listed figures?

Thanks.
With the confrontation minis, it's our position that any combination of the listed sculpts are acceptable.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs