Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 18th, 2017, 02:25 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Origins 2017

Origins Game Fair - June 14 – 18, Columbus, OH.

I made a thread Magic:AotP at Gencon And Origins 2017 so see specifics of Magic:Arena events there, but post here first whether you are coming ans also if would be interested and be willing to help set up or run events.

Schedule (Subject to change):
Friday 6/16:
  • 11am-3pm: Magic: Arena of the Planeswalkers - 600 point Kill-Em-All Tournament
    Standard Tournament. Four 50min rounds, play until entire army killed or until time. Ranked by partial card scoring of points killed + points left then SOS. Played on mixed Areana/Heroscape terrain. Bring your own 600 point army & 200 point deck, dice, markers.
  • 3pm-4pm: Heroscape/Magic: Arena - Learn to Play/Open Play
    Learn to play either Hasbro/Wizards of the Coast Miniature game Heroscape or Magic:Arena of the Planeswalkers. The rules are 90% the same and play on the same terrian/board. All materials provided. Experienced players can also use to prepare for a tournament or just play one open game.
  • 4pm-8pm: Heroscape - 600 point Unique only speed Tournament
    Standard Tournament. Unique/Uncommon Heroes only, No C3V/SoV or Marvel allowed. Every unit gets +2 Move the entire game. Four 50 min rounds, ranked by full card scoring of points killed + points left then SOS. Bring your own 600 point army (max 24 hexes), dice, markers
Saturday 6/17:
  • 10am - 3pm: Heroscape - 495 point RTW Tournament
    Reverse the Whip Tournament. No C3V/SoV, but official Marvel allowed. Four 50 min rounds + final, even rounds you switch armies with your opponent for that game. Ranked by full card scoring of points killed + points left then SOS. Bring your own 495 point army (max 24 hexes), dice, markers.
  • 3pm-4pm: Heroscape/Magic: Arena - Learn to Play/Open Play
    Learn to play either Hasbro/Wizards of the Coast Miniature game Heroscape or Magic:Arena of the Planeswalkers. The rules are 90% the same and play on the same terrian/board. All materials provided. Experienced players can also use to prepare for a tournament or just play one open game.
  • 4pm-8pm: Magic: Arena of the Planeswalkers -500 point Kill the Planeswalker MM Tournament
    Mirror Mirror Tournament. Four 50 min rounds, even rounds you switch armies and deck with your opponent for that game, win by killing Planeswalker first, or most points if game goes to time. Ranked by partial card scoring of points killed + points left then SOS. Played on mixed Arena/Heroscape terrain. Bring your own 500 point army & 200 point deck, dice, markers or borrow ours.
  • 4pm-8pm: Heroscape - 440 point x 2 Team RR Tournament
    Team Rolling Rumble Tournament. C3V/SoV and official Marvel allowed, 16 hexes/player. Three+ games, max time 1 hour 15 min but teams start a new game as soon as opponent they have not played is available. Come prepared with a teammate or find one at Origins. Ranked per team by W/L ratio then full card scoring of points killed + points left then SOS. Bring your own 440 point army (max 16 hexes), dice, markers.

Also, Friday and Saturday night from 9pm-11pm I am running games for fans of Werewolf, Mafia, and Curse of Ne-Gok-Sa (CoN)
Social Deduction Games - Secret Hitler/Secret Hamilton, Coup, The Resistance/Avalon, Batman: Almost Got 'Em
Fan of mafia/werewolf but want something newer and more structured? Try various social deduction games. Games played determined by interest and number of players. Generics can be used per hour, and werewolf ribben used for all events. Come and go per game.

Last edited by lefton4ya; May 31st, 2017 at 03:15 PM.
Old February 8th, 2017, 01:08 PM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Origins 2017

Calling all Ohio Scapers:
Spoiler Alert!

MAPS:
Blood Shard by @Typhon2222

Canyon's Road by @DanieLoche

Circles Over Innistrad (w/ Magic:SOI Cryptoliths) by BiggaBullfrog

Dance of the Dryads (BoV) by @Typhon2222

Dark Dimension (C3G Competitive Map) by C3G

Embattled Fen (BoV) by @GameBear

Highways Over Innistrad (w/ Magic:SOI Cryptoliths) by @BiggaBullfrog

Invasion (BoV) by @LongHeroscaper

Backup in case needing more:
Spoiler Alert!

I need some volunteers to set up on Thursday night, tear down on Saturday night or Sun morning, and to run events. If you can volunteer during at least one event that would be great as I need 1 non-playing GM per event (or dual events when Heroscape and Magic:Arena are simultaneous), and maybe 1 additional volunteer who can play in the event but is available to answer rules questions. If you can volunteer for 2 or more events (such as 1 non-playing GM in a tournament and one of the Learn-to-Plays), I can get you a free badge and/or 1/4 hotel room as compensation. Also, if you are experienced with Social Deduction Games I may want additional help running.

Last edited by lefton4ya; June 5th, 2017 at 04:57 PM.
Old February 8th, 2017, 01:19 PM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm making a pretty big effort to try and get to Origins this year--possibly even jumping ship from Gencon at some future year--but can't be sure that I can make it yet. If I PM you, you add me as a club member, and I am unable to come, does adversely impact you in any way?

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old February 8th, 2017, 01:32 PM

AFAIK, as long as I have 8+ members when I create the club, then it is created and there is no adverse affect if those people do not come, but I need to submit the list by the end of the month. Final membership lists must be submitted/updated by May 1, 2017 so people who are coming must give me their details by then. But if they have not changed it from 6 years ago, really all that matters is the club code which I can even make public here, and whenever someone registers with that code, they get the discount and our club gets credit for things like free badges and hotels. Plus everyone's badge would say "Heroscapers" with the website logo!
Old February 8th, 2017, 02:39 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

hendal will be there and would be on a list

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old February 8th, 2017, 02:42 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I may be able to make that. I'll try to confirm later.

Also, has anyone expressed interest in a Heroscape tourney at Cincycon this year?

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old February 8th, 2017, 02:46 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I don't think I'll be able to make it.
Old February 8th, 2017, 11:27 PM

WolfThorn is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Definitely coming.
Already PM'ed you.
Old February 9th, 2017, 12:24 AM

Cool, almost already to my 8 members! Plus I help run Beer and Boardgames in Cincinnati and can get some members from there as well. Again, looking for one person who can commit to help to send me their phone number.

I will get the ball rolling on event ideas. Here are some quick ideas, post if you like or dislike each and and post any suggestions for other events. First off, I think we can attempt to have 32 max players, but maybe 24 is more realistic, unless we get 20+ people post by the end of this month they are most likely coming. That being said, 5 rounds is the max of any tourney, with 16-player 4 round events as well.

Main event: 475? point (No C3V/SoV allowed, Marvel debatable) Reverse-the-whip (AKA swap armies with opponent). Gencon always dose RTW on day 2, but I think I would mix it up by having every other round be RTW, where odd rounds you play your army and even rounds you play your opponent's army, as it gives everyone a chance to do RTW and evens play for those that bring crappy armies to have a better chance of winning at least some games. I like capping figure limit to 20 as well, but am open to lower or higher.

Draft tourney: Bring 700-750 points of figures (C3V/SoV and Marvel would be allowed, at least 300 points of unique units). There will also be 150-200 points of figures on each map (i.e. lava resistance on lava maps, Drudge on swamp maps, Dragon on map with nice perch in the middle, etc.) Each game, combine your figures with those of your opponent's and the map (throw out duplicate uniques) (so 1550- 1700 points) and draft each game according to rule-book (except make snake draft of 1, 2, 1, 1...) Thinking it would be fun to having different army draft point each game, such as: Round 1: 400, Round 2: 450, Round 3: 500, Round 4: 550.

Heroes Only Speed Tournament: 600 points, Unique/Uncommon Heroes only (No C3V/SoV or Marvel allowed). Every unit gets +2 Move the entire game. I thought of doing a "Heat of the Battle" or "Slug Fest" event, but I though this was a milder way of accomplishing the same goal - make the games go quicker and give more advantage to melee units.

Team Event: 440 point * 2 (Marvel allowed, C3V/SoV debatable) share 24 hex start zone. I think this would be good for kids and newbies and we can maybe have armies available to borrow as a combined learn-to-play event, and maybe make "rolling rumble" where as soon as 2 games end, opponents face off, as some games will take a lot longer than others.

Last edited by lefton4ya; February 9th, 2017 at 02:22 PM.
Old February 9th, 2017, 10:55 AM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Great idea! Unfortunately cannot make it this year.

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old March 18th, 2017, 02:45 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

if it is all reverse the whip for the tourney then you want to bring the worst army possible? or am I missing something
-------------------------
edit - ok even rounds you switch, got it, sounds fun, I will be signing up

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old March 18th, 2017, 09:40 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Yeah, you are missing that it says even rounds.

And I am missing the fact that you edited your post.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events