Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old December 13th, 2016, 03:47 PM

BrandonMurrayBMM Woo who?
Re: Ohio Scapers - People, Events & Stores

Yeah that'd be cool! So from what I've seen after lurking on here a bit I've learned people paint their figures, create their own custom figures and cards, and also there are hex tile mats for the game? Anybody have any information on this? I also found a cool heroscape landscape where it's like a coliseum, whats a good way/allowed way to link pictures? Wanted to know what others thought about it.
Old December 13th, 2016, 09:40 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonMurrayBMM View Post
Yeah that'd be cool! So from what I've seen after lurking on here a bit I've learned people paint their figures, create their own custom figures and cards, and also there are hex tile mats for the game? Anybody have any information on this? I also found a cool heroscape landscape where it's like a coliseum, whats a good way/allowed way to link pictures? Wanted to know what others thought about it.
They can, they have, there are, and there is.

Hex tile mats aren't easy to come by, as they were 3rd party products. The Magic the Gathering: Arena of the Planeswalkers, does have cardboard ones that work well if you need a base layer.

Its been a good while since I've posted images off of the server, but there is a way. Linking directly to where the image is at might work.

There's a thriving customs community, with all types of units. Some people paint their minis, especially the folks who actually have skills. I do not havd skill, but it is fun.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old December 14th, 2016, 09:57 PM

BrandonMurrayBMM Woo who?

I see. The mats looked really cool. So what are some suggestions or ideas of stuff I might want to look into getting? And any suggestions on a good surface to play on? Table recommendations? So I don't really know how to play 100% but are there any units that warp the "metagame" or any unit that is insanely broken.

Also here's the picture of the landscape, it looked interesting:
http://i.imgur.com/wGIU4X5.jpg
Old December 15th, 2016, 03:15 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@BrandonMurrayBMM - I highly recommend getting Magic:Arena of the Plainswalkers sets right now. They are ridiculously cheap on amazon this second, and the first and 3rd set come with cardboard mats that make a great base layer to heroscape. The 3rd set comes with Cryptoliths, for which I am currently hosting a Cryptolith Map Contest. They are worth it right now just for use with Heroscape, but also is a great game as a successor to Heroscape (which one is better is debatable).

As far as "table recommendations" - any flat surface is fine, the bigger the better, both for room for a large map and all the cards and dice-rolling.

As a newbie to the game itself, check out the Heroscape Power Rankings and What's in an Order Marker (albeit you will not understand it all until you have played the game a bunch). However the ranking only applies to pre-built tournaments, so for home games with drafting, many of the C & D rated figures are good in the right circumstances (Obsidian Guards or Jotun on a lava map, Major X17 or The Einar Imperium against melee armies, etc) and most of the A units can be counter-drafted well - however Raelin and Deathravers will always be great and Deathwalker 7000 and Dünd will always suck (unless you play modified cards like CUC or CUA).
Old January 18th, 2017, 03:18 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Calling all Ohio Scapers:
Spoiler Alert!

Please come to:
Columbus, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh (C2P) Tournament - 2/4/17

Click the links below to post your opinions on whether you would come to any of these events:
CincyCon - March 3-4-5, Butler County Fairgrounds ($20/weekend, $15/day)
Lexicon Tabletop Gaming Convention - May 5th thru 7th, Lexington, KY ($35-45/weekend, $20-25/day)
Origins Game Fair - June 14 – 18, Columbus, OH ($60-70/weekend, $25-30/day)

Cleveland, Columbus, Pittsburgh 'Scapers - Bi-monthly Events
Old August 22nd, 2017, 03:54 PM
Sleeps with Monkeys

Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hendal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey All,

Any one want to scape in Canton Oh. till around the Sept. 10th I got a board set up. Also Sept 2nd, in New Philly is a tournament you should come to, the last one rocked.

Heroscape - The Game I Have Waited My Whole Life For!
GenCon - a must for any true Scaper!
Old November 11th, 2017, 08:29 PM
proper grammar and spelling are vital too success

Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby! Neo rolls all skulls baby!

Hi, I haven't played in at least two years but I'm in Oberlin now and I want to play so being on this list seems like a good idea.
Old November 11th, 2017, 09:08 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Hi @Neo ! There should be a tournement in January. It’s in New Philidelphia. Looks like your not far off either.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old November 11th, 2017, 11:28 PM

vvildeyedjoker knows what's in an order marker vvildeyedjoker knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonMurrayBMM View Post
Yeah that'd be cool! So from what I've seen after lurking on here a bit I've learned people paint their figures, create their own custom figures and cards, and also there are hex tile mats for the game? Anybody have any information on this?
I know I'm a little late on this but I make my own custom hex mats. Here's a picture of my largest one.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=199...ZLBmYvZFpicMV-

I basically use a virtualscape file scaled up to actual size with photoshop and printed on a wide format printer.

Fixed the permission to view the link.

Last edited by vvildeyedjoker; November 11th, 2017 at 11:55 PM.
Old August 18th, 2018, 03:46 PM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

It's been ages! I'm thinking about getting back in the game and was wondering if there are players left in the Dayton, Ohio area? I know back in the day the Scape scene was pretty big around here with all the local tournaments. So would it be worth my time and life savings(can't believe how expensive scape is now!)to start over?

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...
Old August 19th, 2018, 12:55 AM
I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by outforblood View Post
It's been ages! I'm thinking about getting back in the game and was wondering if there are players left in the Dayton, Ohio area? I know back in the day the Scape scene was pretty big around here with all the local tournaments. So would it be worth my time and life savings(can't believe how expensive scape is now!)to start over?
While it is not exactly local, there are tournements up in New Philidelphia aproximately every other month. Around 10 guests typically arrive, and even if you don’t rebuild the entire collection, we’re usually able to give you loaners. We always have a great time!

The next event is in October, so if your willing to make a 3 hour trip up here, we are more than willing to have you.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old August 19th, 2018, 06:43 AM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by outforblood View Post
While it is not exactly local, there are tournements up in New Philidelphia aproximately every other month. Around 10 guests typically arrive, and even if you don’t rebuild the entire collection, we’re usually able to give you loaners. We always have a great time!

The next event is in October, so if your willing to make a 3 hour trip up here, we are more than willing to have you.
That's good to know! Thanks.

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers