Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old August 4th, 2010, 09:15 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Ohio Scapers - People, Events & Stores

There have been a bunch of threads on this, including on the O-H! (i-o!) (newbie, too), but I wanted a complete listing of all Ohio Scapers. This Overlaps a bit with Western PA and Ohio Valley Scapers (OVAH Cup)

Below is a collection of users from past threads, tourneys, and an active member search. Please post and I will add you to this list. I will also use this thread to post any Tourneys or special events in the area, regular meetings (whether at game stores or people's houses), and FLGS in the area. Look for updates frequently. Anyone planning a tourney or large event may use this list to send PMs about it, but if you don't want to be invited, just that you are here, let me know. Also update what city/town you actually live in. If in red, you live out of the area but would commute to events.

Ohio Scapers:
NEOScapers (Cleveland, Akron/Canton, Warren, Youngstown):
Spoiler Alert!

Central Ohio (Columbus):
Spoiler Alert!

Northwest & Noth-Central Ohio (Toldeo, BG, Lima, Fremont, Sandusky):
Spoiler Alert!

Southwest Ohio (Dayton, Cincinnati) and Ohio Valley Scapers:
Spoiler Alert!

Southeast Ohio:
Spoiler Alert!

Western PA: (Possibly willing to travel to Northeast Ohio)
Spoiler Alert!

Upcoming Events - Planned and Potential:
Columbus, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh (C2P) Tournament - 2/4/17
CincyCon - March 3-4-5, Butler County Fairgrounds ($20/weekend, $15/day)
Lexicon Tabletop Gaming Convention - May 5th thru 7th, Lexington, KY ($35-45/weekend, $20-25/day)
Origins Game Fair - June 14 – 18, Columbus, OH ($60-70/weekend, $25-30/day)

Cleveland, Columbus, Pittsburgh 'Scapers - Possible Events
Columbiana Co / Warren, Ohio Heroscape League
Oberlin Ohio tourny poll

Past Events:
Spoiler Alert!

Friendly Local Game Stores (that carry scape or would host events):
All American Cards & Comics in Warren (NorthEast Ohio tourneys held here)
Wings Wheels & Waves in Massilon (New Game store)
Diversions in Newbury (My FLGS)
Game Room in Toledo
Sci-Fi City Cincinnati (Cincinnati tourneys held here)
The Game Haven in Dayton (Dayton tourneys held here)
Wizards of The Coast Store Locator - Ohio (Zoom in to your location)

Last edited by lefton4ya; January 18th, 2017 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Added events
Old August 4th, 2010, 09:23 PM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: NorthEast Ohio Scapers (Cleveland, Akron/Canton, Warren,

Event Notifications

Upcoming Events:

Columbus, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh (C2P) Tournament - 2/4/17
CincyCon - March 3-4-5, Butler County Fairgrounds ($20/weekend, $15/day)
Lexicon Tabletop Gaming Convention - May 5th thru 7th, Lexington, KY ($35-45/weekend, $20-25/day)
Origins Game Fair - June 14 – 18, Columbus, OH ($60-70/weekend, $25-30/day)

Last edited by lefton4ya; January 18th, 2017 at 03:11 PM.
Old August 5th, 2010, 09:46 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I'm actually in hubbard now. I need to update my profile.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old August 10th, 2010, 01:00 AM

There will be one big Ohioscape NHSD event. Please see the thread NHSD Columbus Ohio - 10/16/10 for details. If you cannot attend but would like to host your own smaller-scale NHSD event (maybe a different format than the standard tourney) in NorthEast Ohio, feel free to organize one.

The reason to have one NHSD in columbus and not a separate one in Northeast ohio is as follows:
  • It would be nice to have one big Ohio NHSD event that rivals the Texas one in attendance, and the most central place for all is Columbus
  • Most of the past NEOScaper organizers are tired of organizing or busy this time around
  • Since the Columbus crew has came up here the last few times, it might be nice if we went down there once.
  • Other thank KC's terrain, the Columbus crew has the largest single collection of terrain that I know of.
Disadvantages:
  • 2-2 1/2 hours each way is a long time - and for those going it takes a lot of time out of your day, not to mention gas $)
  • Some people may not come due to the distance, especially younger members or those with no transportation that rely on others and are leary (or parents are leary) of carpooling with people only met online or at past heroscape events
  • Location will probably not be as big as All American in Warren

Now that Gencon is over, time to start planning for National Heroscape Day on October 16 2010! Who wants to take lead as event director? This requires:
  • Create and Maintain thread
  • Pick and bring maps or make sure they are brought at set up
  • Book location
In the thread, we can decide time, format, & maps so the burden is not too big on director. I will be busy with MBA classes & full time job and I never successfully planned a tourney, so would prefer someone else to take lead, but I would if no one else does.

Also, do people prefer NEOScapers or NEOScapiens or something else to describe us?

Last edited by lefton4ya; October 20th, 2010 at 03:39 PM.
Old August 20th, 2010, 12:50 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post

Also, do people prefer NEOScapers or NEOScapiens or something else to describe us?
I think NEOscapers is awesome. It sounds like we're just an elite division of all Scapers, which is of course true

We had what - 10-12 NEOscapers that went to GenCon, and of those, we had a Top 16 finish (kc), a Top 8 finish (Pickle), a 2nd Place finish (ManTrain) in the Main Event, 3 tourney wins (ManTrain won Smackdown, Brownsfan won Dragon Wars and Mixed Marvel), and several other top finishes (I know Sarah was in the General Wars final and took home a prize, and Mattser and I both took prizes in HoB. There were probably some others, too). And, quite a few of our other strong players either didn't go or only played the Main Event.

NEOscapers rule.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old September 16th, 2010, 02:16 AM

Daddywarbux is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

'scaper from Akron reporting!
also, I play MTG a lot and am good friends with a hobby store owner in wadsworth. If I ask he would let us play there pending we waste money on overpriced chips and pop :P
Old September 17th, 2010, 10:11 AM

Welcome to the site Daddywarbux, and hope you can make it out to NHSD (if your wife will let you ). I can add the wadsworth store if you let me knwo teh name and address.

Also, to all, I am planning on renaming this thread simply "Ohio Scapers" and separating by geographic area but listing all Ohio scapers active on this site.
Old September 20th, 2010, 03:28 PM

Daddywarbux is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Sportz Nutz
941 Broad St
Wadsworth, OH 44281-9406

He doesnt actually sell HS, but as a mtg retailer he has a distributer at WOTC. If we do use his shop and we can get the people he could be convinced to do a recurring event

Ill give him a call and try to secure the shop for a day (mid-november maybe? gives ppl time to recover from the columbus trip and plan in advance). If/when i know a date ill make a new thread

Edit: and theres no way i can make it to columbus. I went to gencon and the MTG Grand Prix that was in columbus the same week as Gencon...so the old lady wasnt too keen on me leaving lol
Old September 23rd, 2010, 11:50 AM

I know it may be too early to plan ahead to the next event, but I was wondering if people want to help plan two events I have ideas for:

1. A Draft Tourney In NorthEast Ohio sometime in November. Can be modeled after New England Tourney rules which is most likely going to be used at GenCon next year. Only difference I was thinking was allowing C3G, TNT (Classic or Super), and NM24/CHCG24 customs as being a draft tourney it makes these more fair.
Spoiler Alert!

2. Origins in Columbus next year June 22-26: Plan a real Heroscape Tourney we run and can maybe get 1/3-1/2 the turnout of GenCon with events either modeled after Gencon events or completely different.

Last edited by lefton4ya; September 23rd, 2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old October 19th, 2010, 01:22 AM

Re: Ohio Scapers (North/South, East/West, Central)

NorthEast Ohio D3 Release Draft Tourney - November 20th!

I also updated this thread to be ALL Ohio.
Added list of past event for the past two years.

Last edited by lefton4ya; October 20th, 2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old October 20th, 2010, 06:33 PM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm in Toledo, its in the northwest corner of Ohio, right at the Michigan Border. As far as I know, there aren't too many Scapers in the area, but the stuff at the FLGS keeps getting bought up. The guy at the FLGS says there is a group of guys who play scape in my area, but that's all I've heard about them.

I'm not sure if any Ohio gamers have heard of "Game Room and Comics" place in Toledo, but it is within 500 feet of my house. I have seen Scape events hosted there advertised here on the site, but I haven't gotten around to going to any yet.

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old October 20th, 2010, 07:36 PM

Welcome to the boards here Darth_Vader - I will add you and let me know if you find out more about a group in your area.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers