Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old June 9th, 2020, 08:45 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: [Pod 2] Rhox Veterans - Design

Cool. If no one object we'll move forward with that?
Old June 11th, 2020, 10:20 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm in favor of moving forward with the Flesh to Stone/Headlong Charge design proposed above.

The only thing I'm questioning at this point is whether it would be a better design with 4 base defense and just +2 defense if there's no revealed OMs. With the +3 bonus, I somewhat wonder whether these guys will ever see anything other than OM #3. Lowering the number of bonus defense dice could potentially add some more tension to that decision. However, this is something I'm currently undecided about and think that playtesting will be very beneficial in determining the sweet spot for the base defense and buff values.
Old June 13th, 2020, 01:57 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
I'm in favor of moving forward with the Flesh to Stone/Headlong Charge design proposed above.

The only thing I'm questioning at this point is whether it would be a better design with 4 base defense and just +2 defense if there's no revealed OMs. With the +3 bonus, I somewhat wonder whether these guys will ever see anything other than OM #3. Lowering the number of bonus defense dice could potentially add some more tension to that decision. However, this is something I'm currently undecided about and think that playtesting will be very beneficial in determining the sweet spot for the base defense and buff values.
I'm okay with base Defense 4, a Tarn Viking Warriors alternative

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old June 17th, 2020, 04:38 AM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!

I'm fine with Flesh to Stone/Headlong Charge combo as well. I'd definitely give them base 4 defense. That makes them tough enough to use before OM3. I kind of like the idea of keeping the +3 defense for a total of 7. It definitely gives the impenetrable stone feeling, but that may be a bit too much.
Old June 17th, 2020, 03:32 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Let's try a draft.

===============
Alabaster Sentinels (Whitehall Sentinels?)

Jandar

Animata
U. Squad
Sentinels
Loyal

1/4/1/4/4

Flesh to Stone
If there are no revealed order markers on this card, add 3 to the Defense value of this card.

Headlong Charge
An Alabaster Sentinel can add 4 to its Move if it only moves in a straight line this turn.
Old June 17th, 2020, 06:52 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Let's try a draft.

===============
Alabaster Sentinels (Whitehall Sentinels?)

Jandar

Animata
U. Squad
Sentinels
Loyal

1/4/1/4/4

Flesh to Stone
If there are no revealed order markers on this card, add 3 to the Defense value of this card.

Headlong Charge
An Alabaster Sentinel can add 4 to its Move if it only moves in a straight line this turn.
I think this is a strong draft. Regardless of whether their base defense is 3 or 4, I do wonder whether the +3 bonus from Flesh to Stone is too great to ever pass up and would make OM placement decisions less difficult than if it only gave a +2 bonus. However, I'd be happy to take the +3 bonus version into testing, and then consider lowering it to +2 if it seems like its never a good idea to put anything but OM #3 on them.

I'm also a little hesitant to give them 4 attack? Four attack melee squads occupy kind of an elite tier of units currently, and I'm not sure these guys necessarily warrant the same offensive potential as the Northern Wind or Varkaanan Darkclaws. However, this isn't a major issue for me and I won't oppose the direction if that's what the group prefers.

Personally I like the alliteration and theme conveyed by the name "Stoneskin Sentinels" best, but I also think that "Alabaster Sentinels" works well too. I don't care as much for "Whitehall Sentinels."

Lastly, I'm guessing we're all okay then with giving them Concan synergy by making them sentinels? It's something that kind of snuck in there when I first made them sentinels in my draft above, but I don't think we ever explicitly talked about it.
Old June 17th, 2020, 07:33 PM

Yeah, I think Sentinels synergy is fine.

We can try them at 3 A&D, especially seeing as how we need to diversify power levels.

Anyone want to chime in on decisions here?
Old June 19th, 2020, 02:10 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I massively prefer 3A here. If we want 4D, I’d make Flesh to Stone only give +2D. 4D does make sense, since they are wearing some armor too.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 21st, 2020, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
I massively prefer 3A here. If we want 4D, I’d make Flesh to Stone only give +2D. 4D does make sense, since they are wearing some armor too.
So, with these changes a potential draft could look like this:

Quote:
Alabaster Sentinels (Stoneskin Sentinels?)

Jandar

Animata
U. Squad
Sentinels
Loyal

1/4/1/3/4

Flesh to Stone
If there are no revealed order markers on this card, add 2 to the Defense value of this card.

Headlong Charge
I'm not sure I'm sold on "Loyal" as the personality for these guys, but thats arguably the most minor element on the card. Other than that, this is my favorite version that we've had so far. Although I could easily be persuaded to have these guys enter testing with a drop to their Defense to 3 and make Flesh to Stone add 3 Defense instead of 2.
Old June 21st, 2020, 04:03 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Thats a good draft.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old June 22nd, 2020, 02:35 PM

I'm absolutely good with that draft. Flame, can you throw that in the OP?

I'd like to hear name ideas. "Alabaster Sentinel" was something off the top of my head. Remember that the name will speak to the lore of the unit.
Old June 27th, 2020, 06:49 PM
I could go

Re: [Pod 2] Alabastar Sentinels (Rhox Veterans) - Design

OP updated. I've set their tentative cost to 60, because even though they are sometimes tough and sometimes fast, they are seldom both at once. So, 3 attacks of 3 from a unique squad can't be too far off from 60 I'd reckon.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs