Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old June 26th, 2021, 07:34 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Ronin - Playtesting

Clint-as-SI or just leaving the SI off would both be fine, IMO. None of the other Ronins really want a Ronin card as bad as Clint does.
Old June 26th, 2021, 07:36 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Could put "Ronin is considered to have a secret identity" somewhere in there. Although all the powers are pretty much filled out already. Regardless I'm not sure if ??? can be used cause Joker, so future identity question cards are gonna need a path if they don't just go no SI.
Old June 26th, 2021, 07:40 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Here's a better version of that image. Other one seems to be edited so it's harder to tell.

Anyway, I'd agree there's prob. no need for other versions. I do think it's more fitting to go no SI just to have the mystery and sense it can be any of the few who have been under the mask. But I don't think it's a big issue either way if you want to make it Clint. Just from an art perspective, his options aren't as nice looking.
Old June 27th, 2021, 07:55 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If we're polling, I'm pro-Clint and don't care on mini/art. I'll be using the black costume mini either way, because it's what I have.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 27th, 2021, 02:42 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Yea there's no reason to not have an SI on this card, that is limiting future design space and is just inaccurate because we are designing a specific character not a lunchbox take. I would also prefer not to use the figure that is supposed to be Maya on Clint's card.
Old June 27th, 2021, 04:09 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Disagree there. I’m not sure how it’s limiting future design space by not specifically stating which version this is, and I don’t believe this power set necessarily says “Clint Barton” to me. Every panel I’ve seen with him he’s using a sword and slicing people up. Interrogating people for answers. This card features shuriken, nunchakus, and I’d guess the normal attack is a sword. To me, that feels pretty “Ronin”, not necessarily “Clint Barton’s Ronin”, specifically.

Regardless, I think we’re overthinking it. It can be whatever we want it to be.
Old June 27th, 2021, 04:20 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Yea there's no reason to not have an SI on this card, that is limiting future design space and is just inaccurate because we are designing a specific character not a lunchbox take. I would also prefer not to use the figure that is supposed to be Maya on Clint's card.
I'm not sure why the black and green isn't Clint. Plenty of examples of Clint in that color scheme. Both in the New Avengers books and more recent examples in the Hawkeye books.
Old June 27th, 2021, 04:27 PM

The only example I’ve seen was the Freefall mini series. If there are more of him with the green, I’d love to see them for more art options. Everything I’ve found has him in just black and gold, even when he’s depicted in games and in endgame, that’s how he looks. It’s very possible it’s just up to the artist, thus the inconsistency.
Old June 27th, 2021, 06:51 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Regardless, I think we’re overthinking it. It can be whatever we want it to be.
Agree with this.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 28th, 2021, 06:43 AM

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

From @JoshuaQuinn

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Ronin

Army Test
Map: Sacred Shrine
Units: Luke Cage, Songbird, Hired Guns, Ghost Rider, Skrull Infiltrators x 3 vs Doomsday, Carnage, Omega Red and Harley Quinn
The game started with the hired guns securing the front lines and Ghost Rider providing backup and Luke Cage coming in to cover the left flank. Omega Red, Carnage and Harley Quinn moved into position while Doomsday protected the right flank. In round 2 Carnage and Harley Quinn got excited by the close proximity of the hired guns and ghost rider and came in full steam. Carnage fell flat and couldn’t even inflict one wound on the hired guns while Harley decided to go all in with her Smilex and only rolled one skull. (Must have been a dud bomb.) After that both Harley and Carnage found themselves retreating from the hired guns relentless fire and managed to avoid any damage. Ghost Rider moved closer in while the Hired Guns provided cover. Ghost Rider did a lot of damage to Carnage and it looked iffy for the crazy symbiote. Doomsday stepped in to add a hand and the game became a little more balanced. In the next round Carnage feeling the mortality of his wounds jumped right back into the middle of the hired guns and this time wreaked havoc on them. He was able to take out 3 hired guns and do a load of damage to Luke Cage. Luke Cage answered by stepping up and putting the symbiote down for good. Throughout it all Ronin kept jumping in and peppering the enemy with attacks but couldn’t seem to find the mark with Shurkins and did less with the nunchucks. Ghost Rider and Doomsday found themselves in a back and forth battle for supremacy neither willing to give an inch. Omega Red finished off the last Hired gun while Songbird and the Skrull Infiltrators replaced the hired guns and moved up on the field. In what can only be described as an act of desperation Songbird activated the Time Bomb and immediately rolled a 2. The bomb went off and took out Omega Red, Luke Cage and put 2 damage on Harley Quinn, Songbird and Ronin. This proved to be a costly mistake. The next turn Doomsday ended the stalemate with Ghost Rider and took him out of the game. From there Doomsday moved in and attacked Songbird and Ronin knocking both out before the Skrull Infiltrators could do much. In a last ditch effort the skrull infiltrators mounted an offensive against Doomsday and Harley but were quickly dealth with.

The game ended with Doomsday (-5 Health); Harley Quinn (-2 Health)
THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:
Ronin is very fun to play with. This time his attacks came up weak and it was a little disappointing more than not. Being paired against Carnage and Harley Quinn with their no damage defenses made it a little harder to land an attack and so it made him really lacking against them. Never really getting to take advantage of the full 3 attacks. He seems pretty balanced though and I don’t know that I would change any of that. I can definitely seeing myself using him more with pairings like Luke Cage and other defenders. He is a very good fit in the crime fighting group.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT:
He was good and I liked him. He is a character I could see myself drafting a lot as his attack is really solid. And the chance to do 3 damage is great. I can see him entering the field and doing some damage to a squad then hoping over and peppering the big boss some. I love how much board he can cover.
Old June 28th, 2021, 06:53 AM

So Ronin went 6 wins/5 loses. No real dominant games, and no games where he didn't do anything. Seems fun to play, and is playing as designed. I'm ready to move to final editing if we can figure out the right mini to use.
Old June 28th, 2021, 08:47 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I agree he looks pretty balanced as-is. I’d just make an executive decision on the mini/SI as the LD or put it to a poll if you’d prefer that. Seems like people are split and it’s something that doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things, so any of the options are probably okay.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library