Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old October 24th, 2006, 12:07 PM

tim_stl has disabled reputation
sir hawthorne's colors

are the silver and gold on sir hawthorne shiny metallic paint, or the standard dull colors of the other units? i can't find a good picture; the ones i've seen could be either way.

tim
Old October 24th, 2006, 12:08 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
looks to me that all his paint is flat colors....
Old October 24th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
Yeah, it's a flattish metal paint. But if you're looking to repaint a knight to Sir Hawthorne, a standard Matte Finish spray coat will take a lot of the metallic flash out of regular gold or silver acrylic paint, making them match the flatness of official paint jobs quite well.

smallboxgames.com
Old October 24th, 2006, 01:53 PM

well, i'm using the guide in the latest hscodex (justjohn's, if i'm not mistaken). it lists two different silver and gold paints (apple barrel silver and gold, and decoart metallic silver and gold) in the list of supplies, but only references silver and gold in the instructions (not which silver or gold paint). also, it advises painting hawthorne's sword silver, which leads me to believe that it's not the same dull grey use for the rest of the figures' swords.

tim
Old October 24th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
I'm sorry about that, man. I didn't realize that I had named the paints 2 different colors in the article. It's decoart metallic. I actually just recieved an actual Sir Hawthorne, and I have to say, side by side, official to repaint, they look almost identical.

smallboxgames.com
Old October 24th, 2006, 03:47 PM

thanks for your reply, and thanks for the article. i'm going to give it a shot soon. did you not use a spray matte finish on the repaint?

if all goes well with sir hawthorne and nerak, i'm going to try to do the same for the elite onyx vipers as well.

tim
Old October 24th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Master Custom Creator

I actually had not applied a matte finish to those in the picture. I just recently started applying finishes (after the article was submitted). Prior to that, all of the matte finishes I had used had severely muted the colors, for whatever reason. I found that the Krylon brand Matte Finish is really good, and I've yet to have any problems with it.

I've been wanting to add some kindof add-on to that article to advocate this final step, instead of damning it like I did in the article.

I'm now pro matte finish.

smallboxgames.com
Old October 24th, 2006, 08:46 PM

jumpman_14 has disabled reputation
I want a hawthorn

Second place at TTO 3......feels good (except at school).

What are the Twolves going to do.
Old October 24th, 2006, 09:27 PM

Su_Nan Woo who?
Has anyone thought of repainting the other knights of weston different colors like red, blue, green, etc. and making customs that way?

Insanity is the best medicine.
Old October 24th, 2006, 09:50 PM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!
Justjohn,

Your article on repainting Hawthorne and Nerak was the most helpful thing I've seen written for me on Heroscape. Thank you. I did both. Turned out pretty good. I had a little trouble getting my wash to stick on Nerak. I think I slapped a little too much paint on him. But this was my first time doing anything like this. Great article. Saved me tons of money. And I'm just as happy with them as if I had the originals. I mean really a BIG THANK YOU!!

DUND is underestimated and under-rated.
Old October 24th, 2006, 10:58 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Su_Nan
Has anyone thought of repainting the other knights of weston different colors like red, blue, green, etc. and making customs that way?
Someone did, I don't remember who, but I saw them in one of the customs threads.
Old October 25th, 2006, 12:20 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus Revisitus

Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby! Riggler rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Su_Nan
I'm going to hold on to mine and hope and that they use one of the other knights for the NEXT GenCon exclusive.

DUND is underestimated and under-rated.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units