Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old September 19th, 2007, 10:11 AM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
Custom HeroScape Terrain Tutorials by Type & Creator

Custom Terrain Tutorials Index '

Hopefully this helps some of you all wanting to get into custom terrain. Everyone should give terrain building a go, it is not very hard you just have to take that first step. Your battlefields will go from "blah" to "huzah" with just a little time.

Below are the tutorials that have been submitted by our the HS'ers members! PLEASE be sure to ask questions in the AUTHOR'S TUTORIAL THREAD. Some Authors have multiple tutorials so be specific about which terrain piece you are asking about. Thanks!

If you know of a tutorial that is missing please pm myself or Grungebob to add it to the list. You can post your link in this forum as well and a Moderator will add it. Thanks!

BUILDINGS
SKYSCRAPERS
Agent Minivan's Marvelscape terrain mod.

HOUSES

TOWERS
Raudulfr's Building Dice Tower
Raudulfr's Round Dice Tower
Raudulfr's Orc Archer Tower
Raudulfr's Jandar Guard Tower
Jim's Things Guard Tower

CASTLES/ FORTS
dra(gon)'S ROMAN FORT (SCROLL DOWN FOR TRANSLATION)
Log Cabin Tutorial by Yodaking
Mage Knight Castle Gatehouse Conversion by Just_a_Bill

PLANTS - TREES - FLOWERS
TREES
Eckels Cheap Quick Trees & Plants
Cale's Tree Stumps
GRISHNAKH'S PINE TREES
Omen20154's RTTFF tree mods TREES
RAUDULFR'S CUSTOM TREES
GRISHNAKH'S Customized Trees
RENQUIST'S SWAMP TREES

PLANTS
GRISHNAKH'S JUNGLE PLANTS

ROCK FORMATIONS

GLACIERS
TAYLN'S GLOWING GLACIERS

STONE HEDGES

BONE HEDGES
Raudulfr's Marro Bone Structure

ROCK PILES
Lava Rock with Magma Base
Obsticle Sled Base
GRISHNAKH'S ROCKS
Gidian's Rock Formation
RENQUIST'S ROCKS

CUSTOM HEROSCAPE TILES (FLOCKING/ PAINTING)
GRISHNAKH'S SPARKLY WATER
GRISHNAKH'S CUSTOMIZED HEX TILES
RENQUISTS HEX TILE MODS

LAVA
RAUDULFR SHIELDCRUSHER'S LAVA FLOCKING
RENQUIST'S LAVA TILE MODS
CODO'S LAVA TILE MODS

ASHPHALT
FL0YDSKI'S ROADS AND CROSS SECTIONS

SAND
Raudulfr's Quicksand

FUTURE/ SCI FI
Annerios' s Custom Vydar Terrain

SNOW
RENQUIST'S "PAINTING SNOW"

WATER TYPES
GRISHNAKH'S CUSTOM RIVER TILES
RENQUIST'S WATER HEX MOD
WATERFALLS

OTHER OBSTACLES
MOLDS
Leif Kicker Mold making

BRIDGES
Walrus King's - Halo Bridge
RENQUIST'S SMALL WOODEN BRIDGE
Ch1can0's Orc Battle Bridge
Chican0's Elf Bridge
Chican0's Samurai Bridge

RUINS
Raudulfr's Old Ruined Wall

COLUMNS
GRISHNAKH’S OLD COLUMNS
RENQUIST'S COLUMNS
OMEN20154'S COLUMNS

OTHER STUFF
Walrus King's Quick N' Easy Hex Tutorial (Glyph Size)
CAVALIER'S SPIRES/ OBELISKS
YANN625'S DOOMSCAPE (SCROLL TO SECOND PAGE FOR TEMPLATES)
Treasure Pile and Treasure Chest Tutorial by Lamaclown

Spiky Walls
Creationist'Ss Spiky Walls

Last edited by Porkins; January 28th, 2013 at 12:18 PM.
Old September 19th, 2007, 01:32 PM

DarkSpade Woo who?
I don't get it. Grish already has is own thread for his stuff, and it's even stickied. Why have it word for word(and pic for pic) in two places?

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Links to terrain making guides
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...c.php?p=280715
Old September 19th, 2007, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSpade
I don't get it. Grish already has is own thread for his stuff, and it's even stickied. Why have it word for word(and pic for pic) in two places?
Not sure, I thought we were just going to link to the relevant threads so that others could post in the same threads and ask their questions in the authors threads?
Old September 19th, 2007, 01:50 PM

DarkSpade Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_calvin
Quote:
Not sure, I thought we were just going to link to the relevant threads so that others could post in the same threads and ask their questions in the authors threads?
makes sense. If we repost everything in here, people will still have to hunt down the original thread to post comments and ask questions.

I do like the index idea though.

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Links to terrain making guides
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...c.php?p=280715
Old September 19th, 2007, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_calvin
Quote:
makes sense. If we repost everything in here, people will still have to hunt down the original thread to post comments and ask questions.

I do like the index idea though.
I agree with you. I will touch up the index as I go. I am doing it at work so I can't concentrate 100% on it. Once I get more links found I will organize it better for everyone.
Old September 19th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
I thought I made it clear before but apparently not. What I wanted was a single thread full of pictured tutorials that showcased our terrain making members in a way that would allow someone to browse and stare at the pics and get ideas. Not an index that still forces a person to hunt down info burried in a bunch of different threads. I re-stickied Grish's thread while I copied things over here.... Besides, what is the problem with having them in two spots anyway? I think there are some wires getting crossed here somehwere. We already have an index that is stickied and allows members to find the threads of terrain makers. We have other members crying out to have their thread stickied, but we have a bunch of terrain makers here and we cannot sticky everybody. At the same time our tutorials are spread out all over the place. In this thread a person can browse tutorials and if they are really interested in somebodies work they can follow the link tom their thread for discussion, OR!! Just get the info quick and move on to actually building stuff.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old September 19th, 2007, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Quote:
I thought I made it clear before but apparently not. What I wanted was a single thread full of pictured tutorials that showcased our terrain making members in a way that would allow someone to browse and stare at the pics and get ideas. Not an index that still forces a person to hunt down info burried in a bunch of different threads. I re-stickied Grish's thread while I copied things over here.... Besides, what is the problem with having them in two spots anyway?
It's not a problem to me man. I just thought a quick link to all the authors forums would be helpful.

If you are just wanting to make a catalog forum of all the tutorials thats cool too. Just have to be clear that questions need to go to the authors.

Also, I don't think that the terrain makers themselves need to be stickied. Even my own (which is lost in the suffel as my website went down and I lost all the pictures and everything).

We have a listing of authors posts, but that doesn't help a person who wants to say... build a fence. It isn't specific. I thought if we listed it by project type that the person could say.. I want to see how to build a tower, and could find the links to the tower tutorials and ask questions to the person etc.
Old September 19th, 2007, 02:26 PM

robopesant has disabled reputation
How do you make a link with a name instead of something like this:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/posting.php
And how do you make a link that sends you to a certain spot in a post?

ROTV-(2x land) 1SOTM 2RTTFF 1VW 1Tundra 1FOTA All expansion packs up to wave 6 (getting wave 7 soon).
Old September 19th, 2007, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robopesant
How do you make a link with a name instead of something like this:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/posting.php
And how do you make a link that sends you to a certain spot in a post?
use [ instead of (

(url=http://heroscapers.whateverforum.shtml) Your Name (/url)

to link directly to a topic there is a little folded down piece of paper towards the top of the post. right click on it, then select copy link location.. Then paste it as your link.
Old September 19th, 2007, 02:33 PM

robopesant has disabled reputation
Thanks.
Thanks for your help.

ROTV-(2x land) 1SOTM 2RTTFF 1VW 1Tundra 1FOTA All expansion packs up to wave 6 (getting wave 7 soon).
Old September 19th, 2007, 09:30 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Thanks for setting up this thread! Here are my contributions:

Raudulfr's Round Dice Tower

Raudulfr's Orc Archer Tower

Raudulfr's Marro Bone Structure

Raudulfr's Jandar Guard Tower

Raudulfr's Old Ruined Wall

Raudulfr's Quicksand
Old September 19th, 2007, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher
sweet thanks! I appreciate the hand! I will add these first thing tommorow when I get into work. I am on my ps3 right now, and it is a pain in the butt to use the web browser on it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles