Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old May 23rd, 2020, 09:43 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: [Pod 2] Rhox Veterans - Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
@NecroBlade , any reason why Avacyn and the Rhinos need to share a power? I get the Rhinos getting something like this (they'll likely only have 1 or two powers), but Avacyn will already have Flying (or something very similar). Giving her a power that only reflects her stone body sadly means we won't have room to really make her play differently from the Rhox. (We can give her a third power, but I personally feel that any third powers should be a bare bones as possible for simplicity within the MS... this isn't the C3G after all).
From what I'm gathering, Avacyn in this project is an animated statue.
It makes sense then that animated statues work as a tribe - like that one Marines commercial with the chess pieces.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old May 23rd, 2020, 09:46 AM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
Or here's a longshot...what if we gave Nahiri figure the ability to summon these elemental animata things to the battlefield?

In addition to her flame sword ability, let her work some literal magic and summon these guys....?
I'd prefer elementals to look like elementals.

Statues are good for these due to their otherwise awkward posturing.

with Nahiri, there's very little visual cues to tie them. She's the sword, they're the shield?

Old May 23rd, 2020, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post

I did a stone power on a custom a while back. Similar to what we’re discussing.
What's neat here is instead of being tough with no power, it's literally reversed.

What if these had a totem effect:

Quote:
POWER 1
If there are no order markers on this card, adjacent friendly figures add 1 to their Defense.

POWER 2
Members of this squad add 1 to their Attack for each order marker on this card.

Old May 23rd, 2020, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
I like the above headlong charge, except i'd word it so they have to end their movement adjacent to an opposing figure to add 3/4 movement.

Also, I think they should have 3 move +4 or 4 movement +3. 8 movement seems a little much to me.

Instead of a 6 defense, what about 4 defense and they get 2 automatic shields against normal attacks if they have no unrevealed OM's? I'm still getting "Tough" vibes from these guys.
What if the charge risked their toughness entirely and it was like Wolves of Badru.

Quote:
AWOKEN CHARGE POWER SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4 special. Attack 4.
Choose 4 spaces in a straight line from this figure. Roll Attack dice once. The closest figure on the line rolls defense dice. If it's destroyed, immediately place this figure on its space. If it's not destroyed, destroy this figure. Continue doing this for the closest figure on the line or until there are no figures on the line. If there are no other figures on the line, move this figure to the end of the line.
I realize that's dang wordy, but somebody smarter than me could probably chop it down and clean it up.

Old May 23rd, 2020, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
The +4 move was because it will be hard for them to actually end a straight-line movement adjacent to someone--so might as well make it a lot of movement. There are many maps where terrain blockers will get in the way and they won't even be able to use the full +4. I think 4 +4 move is fine.

I agree that requiring ending engaged reduces the originality. It also makes it even harder to use.
I like this idea of instead of the requirement being engagement, be straight line. The idea evokes momentum.

Old May 23rd, 2020, 10:44 AM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
The tricky part with calling them anything but statues or some sort is that the figure (and its complete lack of paint) needs to match the design. Without any gray on them, or any sort of color other than monochrome beige, we are kind of stuck calling them statues. We are trying to design the set with as low of a cost of entry as possible, and one of those costs is in time investment.
What is the official word on this for all figures in this project? Will we be able to paint figures and create a painting guide?
None of the figures in the core set should require any painting. These units were all identified and added to the Master Set with the intent that they can be justified without any paint--much like the elementals in Classic HeroScape or the recent shadow faction in SoV.

There have been some people interested in designing extra cards for the remaining units that we couldn't justify being unpainted, but that is outside the scope of this project (at least until the entire main box is completed). For these guys, please assume that they will remain unpainted.
Old May 23rd, 2020, 02:11 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I'm hoping we'll do a wash for card pictures

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 26th, 2020, 09:54 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Just to make my vision for this clear, I feel like these guys should be Jandar and Animata. I think we should go ahead with the power in post 28 (I’d quote it but I’m phone posting). I think an attack aura would be interesting but we should probably ease up on synergy right th t now and just make a beat stick melee unique squad. For that purpose I like the various Charge powers. Can someone whip one up based on previous versions?
Old May 26th, 2020, 10:34 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Just to make my vision for this clear, I feel like these guys should be Jandar and Animata. I think we should go ahead with the power in post 28 (I’d quote it but I’m phone posting). I think an attack aura would be interesting but we should probably ease up on synergy right th t now and just make a beat stick melee unique squad. For that purpose I like the various Charge powers. Can someone whip one up based on previous versions?
As far as powers go, this is the direction I would prefer as well. That would give us something looking like:

Quote:
Stoneskin Sentinels
1 Life / ?4? Move / 3 Attack / 3 Defense

Flesh to Stone
If there are no revealed order markers on this card, add 3 to the Defense value of this card.

Headlong Charge
A Stoneskin Sentinel can add ?4? to its Move if it only moves in a straight line this turn.
Given the way the defensive power works, I would slightly prefer the left-side box and bio to suggest a race of rhino-like creatures who can magically turn to stone at will, rather than animated statues. If they're always statues, it doesn't make as much sense to me why they'd be harder to kill just because they're standing still. However, this isn't a point that I feel overly strongly about and could probably be persuaded either way.
Old May 27th, 2020, 12:45 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I think there's precedent for, say, a gargoyle who can harden its skin but is always a statue.
Old May 28th, 2020, 08:31 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That's fair I suppose. I guess I just feel like if it could go either way, why not choose the thematic explanation that more closely reflects how the ability works?

I know we're allllllllmost there, but I figured that if we did want to go the "always a statue, just sometimes doesn't move" route, I thought of another ability and statline that could be fun. I'm not necessarily convinced its better than what we already have, but that's what brainstorming is for

Quote:
Stoneskin Sentinels
4 Move / 1 Range / 4 Attack / 6 Defense

LIVING STATUES
At the start of each round, before placing order markers, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-8? you may not take a turn with the Stoneskin Sentinels this round.

HEADLONG CHARGE
A Stoneskin Sentinel can add ?4? to its Move if it only moves in a straight line this turn.
I think they'd be very swingy, but also very unique and fun to play. Also interesting in that they've got crazy good stats for a melee squad, but that's kinda justified because I don't think you'd want to send them into engagement without some support of some kind.
Old June 2nd, 2020, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Quote:
As far as powers go, this is the direction I would prefer as well. That would give us something looking like:

Quote:
Stoneskin Sentinels
1 Life / ?4? Move / 3 Attack / 3 Defense

Flesh to Stone
If there are no revealed order markers on this card, add 3 to the Defense value of this card.

Headlong Charge
Given the way the defensive power works, I would slightly prefer the left-side box and bio to suggest a race of rhino-like creatures who can magically turn to stone at will, rather than animated statues. If they're always statues, it doesn't make as much sense to me why they'd be harder to kill just because they're standing still. However, this isn't a point that I feel overly strongly about and could probably be persuaded either way.
I like the simplicity of the two powers

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs