Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old June 23rd, 2018, 03:02 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Army Advice and Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
*Figures that start the game off of the battlefield (e.g. Airborne Elite, Rechets of Bogdan, etc.) count towards these limits.
Whoa, is this really the case? I always thought that the Airborne Elite and Retchets were essentially "free" placements that didn't take up space in your starting zone. That changes things quite a bit.
Yessiree it is. I’m sure the ruling is floating around the site somewhere. It may have even mentioned in the FAQ’s.
Dang, I never knew that. I'll have to tell my group so that we can begin leaving empty spots in our starting zones when using those guys. Thanks for the info!
Old June 23rd, 2018, 03:38 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The FAQ
What do I do if I have more figures than spots in the starting zone?
Count out the number of spaces your Army will consist of (counting 2 spaces for each double-space figure). If your Army (including figures that do not start on the board) consists of more spaces than the scenario allows in your given starting zone, you must remove figures from your Army until the number of spaces your Army consists of matches, or is less than the number of starting zone spaces.
Here's the relevant FAQ entry.
Old June 23rd, 2018, 04:37 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Honestly, I stopped playing with space restrictions a long time ago....

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 23rd, 2018, 04:37 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

500 point limit, 18 hex limit

4x10th Regiment of Foot
Nilfheim
485 points

What can I do to sure up some of the bad match ups for this army?
Old June 23rd, 2018, 05:01 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
500 point limit, 18 hex limit

4x10th Regiment of Foot
Nilfheim
485 points

What can I do to sure up some of the bad match ups for this army?
You don’t have a lot of options in the 15 point range, but I think you should be fine with Isamu unless you *want* to sub something in. If you do, you can pop out a squad of 10th and get some Phantom Knights and Marcu in there. Marcu does Marcu while the PK’s are a nice speedbump for Krav or Marro Warriors. Neither helps against Zelrig, but I imagine Nilfy can put the hurtin’ on him.

If you are worried about a Hounds/SBN combo, a squad or two of Cathars from the C3V is a nice deterrent from the plague.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old January 14th, 2023, 11:36 PM

Sir Tea of Bagz is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Looking for feedback on playing the below army at 400 points general specific. Just getting back into the game and using it to introduce some friends to the game and try and grow my local player base. Gonna be playing on Origin, Dry Season, and Common Ground to start.

Crixus 90
Capuan Gladiators x2 230
10th Regiment of Foot x2 380
Old January 15th, 2023, 12:20 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Tea of Bagz View Post
Looking for feedback on playing the below army at 400 points general specific. Just getting back into the game and using it to introduce some friends to the game and try and grow my local player base. Gonna be playing on Origin, Dry Season, and Common Ground to start.

Crixus 90
Capuan Gladiators x2 230
That's a mighty fine army to introduce people to the game. You have arguably the best selection of RotV maps as well. It looks like you've got it covered on both ends.

If you haven't already, you should check out this thread for AZ scapers: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...read.php?t=153

Welcome to the site!
Old January 15th, 2023, 11:04 AM

gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

Crixus 90
Capuan Gladiators x2 230
I don't have any feedback but I dig the name lol, welcome!
Old January 15th, 2023, 07:51 PM

Sir Tea of Bagz is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Haha thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbizzy View Post
Quote:

Crixus 90
Capuan Gladiators x2 230
I don't have any feedback but I dig the name lol, welcome!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion