Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 20th, 2007, 02:08 AM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Super Atheist
does 2 squads work good? one teamed with grimnak and the other with ornak?

I'm thinking of getting ornak and i already have 2 squads of heavies. and i get like 10-12 dollars a week for cutting grass so it's not like i can buy alot, i must decide.
That's more than I get for cutting grass.

I only have two packs of these guys, but I'm hoping to get four of each common (and I plan on using them). These guys are nice if you need just a little extra muscle.
Old October 9th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
I think the best reason to use the Heavies over the Blades is to make sure you fit within your starting hexes. That can be hard if you want to get 200-300 points of common melee Orcs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old October 9th, 2007, 05:10 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness
These are my absolute favorite unit! With 3 attack and 3 defence plus their awsome bonding how can you beat that for 70 points. I try not to use them too much and **** off my wife and friends by winning too much. I have only lost once with these guys so far but that was in a four way battle. I hope more grut orcs come out in the future.
Old October 9th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx
These are my absolute favorite unit! With 3 attack and 3 defence plus their awsome bonding how can you beat that for 70 points. I try not to use them too much and **** off my wife and friends by winning too much. I have only lost once with these guys so far but that was in a four way battle. I hope more grut orcs come out in the future.
Easy, 4th Mass.
Old October 9th, 2007, 06:46 PM

marro_master has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon
Quote:
Easy, 4th Mass.
nah we need more marro, the master set and wave 8 is not enough. but now to orcs, i REALLY hate these guys when my bro uses them. he always have blade and heavie. blades move in first and then the heavies catch up and annihilate my guys . these guys have a solid 4/4 when fighting with their dinosaur buddys, and for a reward they give a free turn.now we need some marro bonds

want to read a good fanfic? read "after the swarm" and if you really liked that please read my sequal, after the swarm, fight for survival!
both of these fanfics have action, dispair, adventure, and marro! it will be worth the read trust me on this one
Old October 9th, 2007, 06:50 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I think its because the orcs are just better than the marro. If you constantly lose to them, that says something.
Old October 9th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
Originally Posted by marro_master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon
Quote:
Easy, 4th Mass.
nah we need more marro, the master set and wave 8 is not enough. but now to orcs, i REALLY hate these guys when my bro uses them. he always have blade and heavie. blades move in first and then the heavies catch up and annihilate my guys . these guys have a solid 4/4 when fighting with their dinosaur buddys, and for a reward they give a free turn.now we need some marro bonds
I think they're planning on ending, or more like "completing", the marro, samurai, and elves once the release of the new upcomming sets are available. Sorry, but I don't think we'll get to much more marro after this.
Old October 13th, 2007, 05:19 PM

marro_master has disabled reputation
Quote:
I think its because the orcs are just better than the marro. If you constantly lose to them, that says something.
i never said i CONSTANTLY lose to them, just sometimes. and you like orcs better thats ok it's your oppinion, just like i say mine oppinion is orcs are useless without bonds and enhancements from grimnack and swog.

want to read a good fanfic? read "after the swarm" and if you really liked that please read my sequal, after the swarm, fight for survival!
both of these fanfics have action, dispair, adventure, and marro! it will be worth the read trust me on this one
Old April 2nd, 2008, 06:22 PM

manger has disabled reputation
If I were to take a turn with my heavy gruts could I move a mixed configuration of blades and heavy gruts as long as my total activation was static at 4?
Old April 2nd, 2008, 06:26 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by manger
If I were to take a turn with my heavy gruts could I move a mixed configuration of blades and heavy gruts as long as my total activation was static at 4?
No. Blade Gruts are not Heavy Gruts.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old December 4th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Heavy Gruts

Just opened a Wargamers HQ order and played my first game with my new Heavy Gruts x3. Even for someone like me who loves range, they're very pleasant to use. I want to move the rear Gruts first to keep a good, tight formation, but I also need to push the front line forward to first-strike enemies and make room for reinforcements to get their full move. Meanwhile, I'm trying to get my adjacency bonus... but moving my Orc Champion into position for his own attack often decreases the number of Heavy Gruts who can get the +1 to their own attack. Often, you're forced to decide whether your Champion should take the best height for himself or position himself downhill to boost foot soldiers up above. Very crunchy.

It's much more fun to play the Heavies than to watch your Blade Gruts fall over dead every time the wind blows. With the Blades, I often feel like my choices hardly matter because of that 2 base defense. Even when they survive long enough to make it adjacent, it's very disheartening to charge Grimnak or Tornak forward through the bullets, collide with the enemy, immediately rush two lucky gruts onto the key spaces that are adjacent to Champion and foe... and make two attacks of 3. Wow. Tell me again why I'm not playing Stingers or rats or even KoW right now?

Sure, you can play a whole lot of Blade Gruts, but it feels like you're buying more of the same weak risk/reward proposition over and over again. The Heavies use their extra attack die to sweeten the reward side of the proposition in a way that additional piles of Blades just can't.
Old March 7th, 2009, 03:20 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Heavy Gruts

I too am a fan of the Heavies. While many people pledge allegiance to the Knights of Weston, I far prefer the Heavy Gruts, and this from a kid who was fascinated by medieval times. Their semi-superior movement to the Knights and their greater mobility with disengage really helps them to take down targets.

Also, the ability to chomp down on squadies is very pleasing. I also recently repainted a Nerak, and he has made them even better in my eyes.

I'm still debating whether Ornak or Tornak is a better choice, since the aura effect comes in handy when one uses disengage, but you can still keep in the aura, but Tornak also adds defense and provides another beatstick, which Ornak certainly is not.

I was running a great 480 point army with Heavies x3, Grimnak, Tornak, and Nerak.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units