Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 6th, 2018, 12:37 PM

Curry_Noodles is surprisingly tart
Curry_Noodles's Customs Thread

Curry_Noodles's Custom Figures Thread

Hey everyone! Thank you for visiting my thread! Here you will find a number of custom figures that are either completed, work in progress, or being brainstormed/developed. There aren't any particular themes shared between the customs, its just a collection of different kinds of figures if you will.

Before you dive you, I just wanted to give as brief of an introduction of myself as possible. I've been playing Heroscape now for almost 10 years and have always tried to create new, exciting, and fun customs for the game ever since my first master set. Since I do not have many friends/ people I play with a lot of what I know is from my interest/ research/ theoryscaping, the reason why I've been wanting to start a thread on this site for many years now. I hope that this thread may be resourceful and inspiring, [and maybe hopefully some unofficial/official additions to the C3V/SoV] as I look forward to learning and hearing feedback from everyone and anyone! Thank you again!

Below I'm going to dump some of my more polished customs and I'll update every once in a while with another large upload of customs (I have so many that are in the works)

Nov.2020/Feb 2021

Babau Demons

Had a real fun and challenging time developing and workshopping these guys. Right from the moment I saw them I knew I had to get them because they looked so cool and I just had so many ideas and energy for them. Challenge when working on these guys was to better harness that excitement I had for the figures in a way that could summarize all of the terrifying qualities into something that translated into Heroscape's rule set. (Feel free to just do some causal reading on these demons they are quite scary in the darkness). Also had to keep in mind that it was going to be a squad and not just one Hero like I had been accustomed to so I had to power balance while craving out a spot/ niche for these guys. I think out of all the latest customs in this update I spend the most time play testing these guys in particular in order to find a way to bring the powers they have from the the DND realm and fit it into the Jar that is Heroscape. I feel pretty good in how they came out and I think they also bring freshness into the games.

Gunnvaldr

My very first custom in so many years! I was really inspired by some of the lore in the original master set (I think in Finn or Thorgrimm maybe even the Tarn Vikings Bio they make reference to Dreadguls). I wanted to bring more and what little of it exists in official canon to light with this character who I thought fight the contrast of the Dreadguls more wild nature to the more brotherly honorable nature of the Tarns. I really love his Wild War Cry, I feel like it gives birth to a new fresh Wild Army which has made my play pool very interesting and fun, not a typical assembly of figures but Gunnvaldr serves as a great glue guy and core part of this new unique Wild army build.

Jolrael of Mwaonvuli

Getting this mini randomly gave me the opportunity to try and create something of a anti range range unit, something different from what I had typically seen in terms of offense-while-on-defense but in a new way (Counter Stirke, Evil Eye Aura, might be missing one or two). At first making a balanced ability to do that sort of thing was difficult, I had to think a little more outside the box and fortunately when I did I found wonderful inspiration from the C3V thread in the form of Garret Burns who had an ability that worked in the way I had wanted for this custom. As of this post I will admit I think this figure still needs some tweaking, I feel she might be trying to do her niche too strong too well and I plan to continue to test in order to get the right power balance.

Wilbin Goodbody

Not much else to say that has already been said about this guy in this thread! I made only a couple of tweaks to his text and added Climb X2 (the little guys already have it hard why should I make it harder for this guy?) and adjusted his Luck roll in addition to nerfing the Illusion. Previously, it could be used to play the Illusion 3 times which in the right circumstances could allow for a -2 def attack on a figure adj to both illusion and within. Now with the 1 time summon, I think it grounds Wilbin a bit more and I think really helps balance him out while still making him the tricky imp he is.

Azunak

Easily one of my favorite characters I've made (and maybe even used??), I had big ideas when I came across this mini-figure. From the beginning he looked like he just wanted to be right in the middle of the battle so when brainstorming I wanted to keep that personality alive. This was also the first time I realized all but one Orc hero is double spaced which was incredibly eye opening to me. I had to do some comparing and theoryscaping when trying to figure how to properly fit this figure into the Orc Army. I feel like the hero support they have is already so massive and continues to allow for different army builds but then what could I have this figure do in an army like that? Well, I thought about the support the Orc heroes I have offer to their army and after playing some casual games I wanted to understand the Orc army a bit deeper than just examining the cards and the figures. After a couple games I saw a great opportunity for a new hero to have in the orc army! Protecting the orcs! I love the swarming of the orcs and how inexpensive that army can be but something that always always happens is that what feels like 100 Orcs always end up dying even when you have all these heroes at their backs giving support. This is where I saw Azunak fitting in, he would serve as this "Orc-Tandros minus the range" to help better protect his army and keep him right in the center of all the action.

Sir Lorem

…and the last of our 2020/Feb 2021 custom dump… Sir Lorem! One of my favorite armies has to be the Knights of Weston! Super reliable, good bonding and can work in many builds. So when I got this figure, I was a bit distressed. Yes, his model is really cool and he looks super cool too but where does he fit? I thought he might fit the part of a Human Champion but what new thing could he offer to that army? He kind of reminded me of Alastair since he just looks distinctly offensive but Alastair already has a strong role craved out. I felt a real challenge to create a unique role in a crowded army where there's already craved out niches. Looking at all the heros that bonded with the KOW, I noticed there's a nice little spot for a multi attack hero since there's not much in this army. I also did not want to take Alastair's power from his abilities away from him so I needed to structure Sir Lorem's ability to have similar strength and similar cost and I feel like I made something of a new twist Alastair who gives you more mobile offensive power but not as syngenizing since he is Fearless and not Valiant (This is because of my personally distain for that army and so I saw a chance to troll)

Last edited by Curry_Noodles; February 5th, 2021 at 03:27 PM. Reason: im a noob im so sorry
Old November 6th, 2018, 12:39 PM

Re: Curry_Noodles's Customs Thread

Also, I'm new to the way this site works despite having known about it for years, so if anyone can offer help or guide me toward resources that help me in navigating this site I would appreciate it! I'm not sure of how to get the images of the cards to show up rather than links!
Old November 6th, 2018, 12:43 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

To get your image to work, you want to replace your [url] tags with [img] tags.

like this:

[img]https://ibb.co/gPh7OV[/img]

Old November 6th, 2018, 12:45 PM

I'm unsure if it works, I keep seeing this blue question mark and not my image appear
Old November 6th, 2018, 12:47 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

You also need to use the image url (right click and select Copy image address), instead of the page url.

Old November 6th, 2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post

You also need to use the image url (right click and select Copy image address), instead of the page url.
I think I understand what your saying -Sorry for my clumsiness! I appreciate your help with this!
Old November 6th, 2018, 12:58 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Wilbin appears to be a balanced “psuedo-squad” hero, and his ability to drop illusions is fairly unique. Luck of the Imp uses a straight-forward coin flip mechanic, although coins are not a concept that heroscape has used.

It’ll be cool to see what else you have, @Curry_Noodles

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 6th, 2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Wilbin appears to be a balanced “psuedo-squad” hero, and his ability to drop illusions is fairly unique. Luck of the Imp uses a straight-forward coin flip mechanic, although coins are not a concept that heroscape has used.

It’ll be cool to see what else you have, @Curry_Noodles
Thank you for your comment flameslayer93! I'll be working on posting more today later on in the afternoon!

and yes, the coin-flip mechanic is unusual and not utilized in Heroscape, however I saw that luck was a distinct feature of the imps and I wanted to re-create that kind of freak luck. I didn't think a D20 roll or any sort of dice roll was really fitting, especially because you can influence your dice rolls with glyphs. I thought a coin flip was in the best way to show this characteristic. I wanted to make it just strong enough that it wasn't "broken"
Old November 6th, 2018, 02:10 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

This guy looks pretty unique and interesting! I'm particularly fond of the 45 points for his price, since the only other option currently is Sonya Esenwein. More army options is always a nice touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curry_Noodles View Post
and yes, the coin-flip mechanic is unusual and not utilized in Heroscape, however I saw that luck was a distinct feature of the imps and I wanted to re-create that kind of freak luck. I didn't think a D20 roll or any sort of dice roll was really fitting, especially because you can influence your dice rolls with glyphs. I thought a coin flip was in the best way to show this characteristic. I wanted to make it just strong enough that it wasn't "broken"
I was going to say that I also prefer a simple 11-or-higher D20 roll to settle the result, but it looks like you've already given that thought. A dice roll is definitely more "classic HeroScape," but I can see what you're going for with emphasizing luck. I still prefer the dice personally, but that's probably just the HeroScape purist in me.

Is Imp a suitable class? I'm not the most well-versed in high fantasy traditions (college sadly seems to have a problem with me finally reading Lord of the Rings), but I've always thought that imps were generally a species of monster.
Old November 6th, 2018, 02:13 PM
This is merely a joke.

If you want your cards to have a bit more unified/official look, the link in my signature gives a tutorial for making cards using Xorlof's X-2 Card Creator. It does a fantastic job of making the text and stats all look great.

Your card (especially the figure image) is great, though. I only mentioned it since you did in your OP.

Did you figure out how to add the image directly to your post?

Old November 6th, 2018, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
This guy looks pretty unique and interesting! I'm particularly fond of the 45 points for his price, since the only other option currently is Sonya Esenwein. More army options is always a nice touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curry_Noodles View Post
I was going to say that I also prefer a simple 11-or-higher D20 roll to settle the result, but it looks like you've already given that thought. A dice roll is definitely more "classic HeroScape," but I can see what you're going for with emphasizing luck. I still prefer the dice personally, but that's probably just the HeroScape purist in me.

Is Imp a suitable class? I'm not the most well-versed in high fantasy traditions (college sadly seems to have a problem with me finally reading Lord of the Rings), but I've always thought that imps were generally a species of monster.
I looked up what Imp was when creating the character - I could easily make him a rouge, however I wanted him to be mischievous, "trickster" type of character so rather than make him a rouge I just wanted to make him kind of like this little runt troublemaker figure
Old November 6th, 2018, 02:28 PM

I'm not sure honestly ahaha It looks the same as when you last commented - is there somewhere that shows what its supposed to look like?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards