Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 2nd, 2015, 01:13 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Kang (II) (Vote for Initial)

Yea
Old December 3rd, 2015, 12:05 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

And I do believe this passes, on time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Make sure to tag the CRB guys once this passes for some build suggestions. If I get time, I may be able to work on the Initial on Friday.
dok already made some synergy suggestions. Any further advice from @Dysole , @Soundwarp SG-1 , or @weebaer would be welcome!
Old December 3rd, 2015, 02:20 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

I agree with dok on pairing him up with bombers and lockdown units and such, Spider-Girl would be another decent one I think. Might also be worth timestreaming in Angel or another carrier early on so you can slingshot Kang into position asap, Kang certainly has the survivability to hang on the front lines against most armies.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old December 3rd, 2015, 11:50 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
I agree with dok on pairing him up with bombers and lockdown units and such, Spider-Girl would be another decent one I think. Might also be worth timestreaming in Angel or another carrier early on so you can slingshot Kang into position asap, Kang certainly has the survivability to hang on the front lines against most armies.
Angel would be nice one to add in if you're using a bomber like Liz Sherman. Tons of speed with that strategy.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old December 3rd, 2015, 12:06 PM

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Kang (II) (Initial Playtesting Phase)

Also, @Ronin , is the 350 in the SP a guess for his cost, or more of a range you'd like to hit? In other words, should I make adjustments to keep him near 350, or are you fine with his cost ending up higher or lower?

Old December 3rd, 2015, 12:09 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

It was a bit of a guess, but I'm angling for that ballpark. My intent is to get him into the 330-370 range.
Old December 3rd, 2015, 02:19 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Furthermore

Other good options include Diablo, Obsidian, War Machine, Siryn, Banshee, and my personal favorite X-23.

~Dysole, who would definitely be tempted to have either Angel hang around Kang
Old December 4th, 2015, 05:45 PM

Knocked out two games today. Kang+Ms Marvel+Angstrom Levy+Blob twice edged out Star-Lord+MM(I)+Red Skull+Jocasta+Angel+Atom. No huge wins, but I'm bumping his cost to 370 for the next one. I've got a thing with friends this evening and plans this weekend, but I should hopefully be able to finish by early next week.

Old December 4th, 2015, 06:08 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
One More

Captain Cold. Forgot about him.

~Dysole, hilariously
Old December 11th, 2015, 04:40 PM

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Kang (II)

Army Test
Map: Sacred Shrine
Units: Kang (II) (350), Ms Marvel (350), Angstrom Levy (225), Blob (165) (1090) VS Star-Lord (250), Red Skull (220), Angel (90), Jocasta (180), (000)
Unit Summary:
Damage w/normal:
2 wounds to Atom, 1 to Skull, 3 to Manhunter, 2 to Star-Lord, 2 to Angel.
One True Kang: 0 wounds prevented by destroying NR figures.
Timestream Reinforcements: 3 figures placed on card (Ms Marvel, Levy, Blob), 3 turns taken with figures on card.
Damocles Orbital Assault: 6 times used; 4 wounds (1 each to Jocasta and Red Skull, 2 to Martian Manhunter) out of 15 rolls.
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Sacred Shrine
Units: Kang (II) (350), Ms Marvel (350), Angstrom Levy (225), Blob (165) (1090) VS Star-Lord (250), Red Skull (220), Angel (90), Jocasta (180), (000)
Unit Summary:
Damage w/normal:
2 wounds to Jocasta, 3 to Martian Manhunter, 2 to Skull.
Timestream Reinforcements: 3 figures placed on card (Ms Marvel, Levy, Blob), 3 turns taken with figures on card.
Damocles Orbital Assault: 5 times used; 5 wounds (2 each to Red Skull and Martian Manhunter, 1 to Star-Lord) out of 12 rolls.
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test (I slipped up this game and completely forgot to put Gypsy in the game. She wouldn’t have had much effect, but it makes this win stand out more.)
Map: Dark Dimension
Units: Kang (II) (370), Liz Sherman (180), Beast Boy (Pterodactyl, 40), Human Torch (225), Gypsy (180) (995) VS Scarlet Spider (Kaine Parker, 245), Hit-Girl (135), Batgirl (Cassandra Cain, 130), Oracle (110), Robin (Damian Wayne, 80), Nite Owl (130), Huntress (170) (1000)
Unit Summary:
Damage w/normal:
5 wounds to Scarlet Spider, 4 to Nite-Owl, 1 to Batgirl.
Timestream Reinforcements: 3 figures placed on card (Beast Boy, Torch, Liz), 3 turns taken with figures on card.
Damocles Orbital Assault: 5 times used; 3 wounds out of 6 rolls (1 each to Oracle, Scarlet Spider, and Batgirl).
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Kang (II) (370), Liz Sherman (180), Beast Boy (Pterodactyl, 40), Human Torch (225), Gypsy (180) (995) VS Martian Manhunter (I, 300), Stepford Cuckoos x5 (400), Jean Grey (180), Yukio (120) (1000)
Unit Summary:
Damage w/normal:
1 wound to Sophie, 3 wounds to Yukio, 1 wound to Jean.
Timestream Reinforcements: 4 figures placed on card (Beast Boy, Liz, Torch, Gypsy), 4 turns taken with figures on card.
Damocles Orbital Assault: 6 times used; 2 wounds out of 14 rolls (1 each to Mindee and Sophie).
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Units: Kang (II) (370), Liz Sherman (180), Beast Boy (Pterodactyl, 40), Human Torch (225), Gypsy (180) (995) VS Martian Manhunter (I, 300), Stepford Cuckoos x5 (400), Jean Grey (180), Yukio (120) (1000)
Unit Summary:
Damage w/normal:
1 wound to Phoebe, 1 to Jean, 3 wounds to Mindee.
Timestream Reinforcements: 4 figures placed on card (Beast Boy, Liz, Torch, Gypsy), 4 turns taken with figures on card.
Damocles Orbital Assault: 5 times used; 4 wounds out of 11 rolls (1 each to Mindee and Sophie, 2 to Yukio).
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Sewer Labyrinth
Units: Kang (II) (370), Kang(I) x3 (810) (1180) VS Mister Fantastic (235), Invisible Woman (215), Human Torch (225), The Thing (325), Animal Man (170) (1170)
Unit Summary:
Damage w/normal:
3 wounds to Animal Man, 1 to Mister Fantastic, 5 to The Thing.
Timestream Reinforcements: 3 figures placed on card (all three Kang (I)s), 3 turns taken with figures on card.
Damocles Orbital Assault: 4 times used; 2 wounds out of 6 rolls (1 each to Human Torch and Animal Man).
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: The current write-up is very good. I don’t think it’s broken at all, but he is very strong. The ability to save you OMs moving figures up, and keep those figures protected until the right moment to unleash them is extremely helpful. You can build some armies with nasty tricks up their sleeves, especially bombing the startzone. However, once Kang has emptied his bag of tricks, he loses a lot of his effectiveness, and if you can outlast him, you can beat him. So many wins, but few huge wins makes me think we’re close. A point bump might be enough (I would suggest 400), but you could also try lowering his Defense by one, making Timestream Reinforcements a once-per-round power, or weakening Damocles Orbital Assault by putting a range limit on it or moving it to the end of the round.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Man, do I love Timestream Reinforcements. So many cool options for Army building, from the strong, to the gimmicky, to the weird. Super fun.

I never got a chance to destroy another Kang to save Kang (II), and in general I feel it’s not a very useful trick, but it’s a nice bit of theme, and I could see it in the right situation.

Old December 11th, 2015, 06:02 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If the design is playing really well (I like the idea that he starts out really tough but if you weather it you his effectiveness diminishes - very thematic), my preference would be keeping him as is and just doing the cost bump.

Looks fun!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 11th, 2015, 06:42 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: The current write-up is very good. I don’t think it’s broken at all, but he is very strong. The ability to save you OMs moving figures up, and keep those figures protected until the right moment to unleash them is extremely helpful. You can build some armies with nasty tricks up their sleeves, especially bombing the startzone. However, once Kang has emptied his bag of tricks, he loses a lot of his effectiveness, and if you can outlast him, you can beat him. So many wins, but few huge wins makes me think we’re close. A point bump might be enough (I would suggest 400), but you could also try lowering his Defense by one, making Timestream Reinforcements a once-per-round power, or weakening Damocles Orbital Assault by putting a range limit on it or moving it to the end of the round.

Good to hear that he's close. 400 is a little higher than I was angling for, but it's not unfitting for the first guy to conquer the Earth.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: Man, do I love Timestream Reinforcements. So many cool options for Army building, from the strong, to the gimmicky, to the weird. Super fun.
Awesome!

Quote:
I never got a chance to destroy another Kang to save Kang (II), and in general I feel it’s not a very useful trick, but it’s a nice bit of theme, and I could see it in the right situation.
Yeah, that was intended to be a niche theme bit. Kang I isn't quite cheap enough to just be throwing away willy-nilly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
If the design is playing really well (I like the idea that he starts out really tough but if you weather it you his effectiveness diminishes - very thematic), my preference would be keeping him as is and just doing the cost bump.

Looks fun!
Agreed! I like the idea that he's not so tough when he's used up all his resources. It's very in line with the way he goes down in Kang Dynasty, which was the main inspiration for this design. Despite leading a successful military conquest of the world, when it comes down to a 1 on 1, Captain America beats the crap out of him.

I'm a little torn between leaving things at a cost bump, or maybe bumping him a little less and putting a range on Damocles, just to give opponents at least a turn or two to get out of the start zone before Kang starts bombing it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library