Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old April 19th, 2019, 10:59 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Officially, it hasn’t even been announced that the figure in question is a Lawman (it could change at any time even if it were currently). Additionally, including Common Lawmen in Clayton’s synergy forces any future designs to work around that synergy, while not including them leaves their design space more open. Finally, thematically, a Sheriff’s Posse is a few good men that could be rounded up for the cause, not any old gunslinger off the street (see theme points way below).
I think that Common Lawmen should work with Posse. I don't think they need to work with Shootout. If it's just Posse, which only moves things, the design space should still be open for any future designs. As I understand a posse, the Sherif is taking any able bodied good men that are willing to fight. He isn't going to care that they are an average (common) person, just that they are good people that will follow him, and if they are from a non-evil general, they will generally be good people. An experienced man will know when to follow the lead of a fellow lawmen and start fighting, hence why the Unique will go with the Shootout, but the average (common) guy won't.

Quote:
FWIW, I preferred previous versions of Posse I saw where the Lawman Heroes had to end their move within X amount of spaces of Clayton, rather than begin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
This is now addressed as well. Lawmen can start Sheriff’s Posse within 6 and end anywhere, but if they want to participate in Shootout they better end within 3.
This actually encourages putting all of your order markers on Clayton. There's no reason to take advantage of the other movement options presented by the other Lawmen if they all have to be within 3 spaces of Clayton to use Shootout. The 3 space requirement means that you want all of them in a tight little pod so you can get the most attacks off. Shootout makes more sense if it only requires line of sight to Clayton to activate, because if you see the Sherif start shooting, you're probably going to start shooting too, no matter how far away you are. Giving Posse the restriction to end within X number of spaces actually encourages the spread of order markers, because you can't use posse to get your units spread very far apart with it, so if you want to spread your units out, you need to spread your order markers out in order to do so.
Old April 19th, 2019, 11:06 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I've talked a lot with NB in the discord on the subject of common lawman inclusion, and it's something we disagree on (NB can step in if I am mischaracterizing here) but I think CP should work with them.
Old April 20th, 2019, 03:59 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Late to the Clayton party; here’s my take.

Seems overly complicated. A movement power would be nice, but not necessary. I suggest that Shootout be useable once per Round, on Clayton’s OM 3. When he shoots, he triggers Shootout, with no space restrictions as everyone can hear the distinctive sound of his gun. You could reward proximity to Clayton with a stat boost. Let all or a set number of Lawmen attack. You could prohibit any unit from being attacked more than once. You could also give them an Initiative boost as part of Shootout.
Old April 22nd, 2019, 10:54 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
@Scytale, as you say, the Lawmen have no existing synergy to speak of, so your point about uniqueness coming from the faction level is moot. They're just a bunch of Heroes, so it's up to the leader to tie them together in some way.
That's not how I interpreted what he was saying. I was seeing that comment about "how the faction plays" being a push towards the power that encourages players to spread their OMs.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 24th, 2019, 06:52 AM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
That's not how I interpreted what he was saying. I was seeing that comment about "how the faction plays" being a push towards the power that encourages players to spread their OMs.
And that comes from the leader. The other faction pieces don't contribute to that in any way, other than not have any sort of synergistic efficiency themselves.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 3rd, 2019, 02:02 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

My simplified version of Clayton, for your consideration:

Quote:
POSSE
Before rolling for initiative each round, if there is at least one Order Marker on this card, you may move up to 4 Lawmen you control up to 5 spaces each. They must end their Posse movement on an empty space.

SHOOTOUT
Once per game, after revealing an Order Marker and taking a turn with Clayton, you may take a turn with all other Lawman Heroes you control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 4th, 2019, 04:09 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post

Quote:
POSSE
Before rolling for initiative each round, if there is at least one Order Marker on this card, you may move up to 4 Lawmen you control up to 5 spaces each. They must end their Posse movement on an empty space.

SHOOTOUT
Once per game, after revealing an Order Marker and taking a turn with Clayton, you may take a turn with all other Lawman Heroes you control.
Just a personal thing for me, I believe that all existing "Once per game" abilities should be "Once per round", and I otherwise don't like "Once per game" abilities. The only exception, and the best implementation of a once per game ability, was the Grenade from the Airborne Elite, and of the other "once per game" abilities, they either didn't need that restriction, or don't do enough to matter. I have never once had Atlaga's wither root actually hit anything, and if the ability wasn't on the card, it wouldn't really change the price, or how he's played. Fey Step is neat, but would have been better as a once per round ability. You get my point. I will be very disappointed in a "Once per game" version of Shootout.
Old May 4th, 2019, 10:23 AM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Same. Once per game is thematically disappointing and not mechanically strong enough.
Old May 5th, 2019, 09:11 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I like the idea of a once-a-round Shootout a *lot*. Combined with the before-rolling-for-initiative (or before placing OMs might be better) form of Posse and you have something really cool and distinct.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 5th, 2019, 09:21 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post

Quote:
POSSE

SHOOTOUT
Love the simplicity here, "cuts out the fat" of previous versions, makes for a simple and thematic mechanic, though I do agree that it should be a once per round power for Shootout. Still allows for some powerful turns, and careful planning but avoids all the complexity that i think the powers have previously had.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 6th, 2019, 01:34 AM

We’re definitely going a direction with Posse involving the “at the start of the round” mechanic, but we’re goimg to try the OM# thing for Shootout again.
Old May 6th, 2019, 09:46 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

A once per round version:

Quote:
SHOOTOUT
After taking a turn with a Lawman Hero you control, you may reveal the X Order Marker to take a turn with all other Lawman Heroes you control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards