Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old September 1st, 2007, 12:49 PM

graham1800 has disabled reputation
Pokemon like game idea (Please give me some help)

The reason for starting this topic and game idea. I starting this idea after I read a post about doing a version of heroscape but with pokemon characters. I really did not like some what was said abut the idea and the about person that posted the idea. I donít really like pokemon at all and the only reason for me to do this game idea was that there is a really basic game called pokemon next quest. I really like the figures and the game was good simple fun for the young gamer. But I saw that if you could take all characteristics of both the pokemon card game and figure game you could come up with a more fun game. I understand that maybe pokemon would not fit with heroscape or other miniatures. But I just like to say that if we can approve the use of heroclix, dreamblade and other miniatures in are idea then can we not just give this one go. Like most of what is posted on here that we all come up with is a bit of fun. I will post the first character from the pokemon next quest figure game that I have come up with. I will also post and website link to information on the powers and ability from the card game. So that the people who are fan of pokemon and the one that would not mind helping out with design the card or the stat can take about the info. Some of the stuff come up with is a bit rusted and maybe not write but I hope that you will give me some help me to refine the so they work.

The best link to find out what in the next quest is below if there anyone think there any better one please post them.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/24127
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokemon...ure_Game#Cards

And for information on the cards power check here at the link below. Just type the name of the pokemon and it will tell you all the information from each of the cards that ever came out.

http://www.pokepedia.net/

Seeing that there are a lot of creatures in the pokemon next quest game you have to come up with some new stuff. Eevee in the next quest game is a rare figure and there by it will be called a unique. I will cover as much of the stat as I can in the following lines. All the stat blow are base on a unique Eevee. I will do some more stat where you can use the same figure with two other and make a team or pact of common version. Iam also thinking that unique figure will only be the one that can have evolution cost. Some creature will not be able to evolve any further and will be very powerful.

The evolution rule. In the pokemon version of heroscape there will be a number that will be evolution cost. It will work like this. Every time a pokemon attack and roll skull dice. Four each skull dice that would wound would be classed as 1 point toward the evolution point cost.

Pokemon Ability Power:
I pick out the ability from the pokemon card game that best fitted the a fox like creature. For any attack values like 10 or 20 would count as a +1 or +2 dice to a attack or defence score.

Official card powers.

Quick Attack (10+) Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 10 damage plus 20 more damage; if tails, this attack does 10 damage.

Bite (20)

Smash Kick (10)

Tail Wag - Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokemon can't attack Eevee during your opponent's next turn. (Benching either Pokemon ends this effect.)

Take Down (30) Eevee does 10 damage to itself

Tackle (10)

Charge Up - Flip a coin. If heads, search your deck for an Energy card and attack it to Eevee. Shuffle your deck afterward.

Rear Kick (20)

Scratch (20)

Heroscape rule that I came up with.

Species :Fox
Unique/Common :Unique
Class : Animal
Personality: Tricky
Size/Height : 1

Life : 3

Move : 6 ( Foxes are quick creatures)
Range : 1 (I class 1 as a close combat type creature)
Attack : 6 dice (fox are good when it come to attack it pray)
Defence : 3 ( fox cant take much damage)

Heroscape Rewrites:
I really only want to add a maximum of three ability per stat cards and I tried to make them sound and read like they where use in Heroscape.

1. Quick Attack : Roll the 20 sided dice if you roll 1-13 you get to add one dice to your attack roll. Roll 14-20 on the dice you do not add any extra dice.

2. Tail Wag : Roll the 20 sided dice rolling 1-13 and your opponent canít attack Eevee on his or her next turn.14-20 and your opponent can attack Eevee as normal on there next turn.

3.Sprint : Before you move Eevee get to move 9 spaces and not it normal movement of 6.
Or
3.Sprint : Before you move Eevee get to move 9 spaces and not it normal movement of 6. Eevee can not attack this turn.

My life is like Steven Kings room 1408. I just wished I took a boardgame before I step into the room.

Life is a game so let enjoy it together.
Old September 1st, 2007, 01:11 PM

Nos13 has disabled reputation
I think this looks doable, but where are we going to place energy cards? something like

On a roll of 11-20, add an energy marker.

How big are the figures?

What about retreat cost? something like "When leaving an engagement, you may remove X energy markers from this card. Your opponent may not roll for an engagement attack."

Can human figures "catch" these Pokemon and use them at their own will?

Nos13 is a judge...
For the TNT Customs!
Customs!
Old September 1st, 2007, 02:14 PM

Nos13 thank for your input I wanted not deal with the issue of engery card in the same way as in the pokemon card game. I was thinking of having about three powers that would go on the card that would be used like in the normal heroscape game. But they would be power and abilitys that would be base on those from the card game but word in the same manner as heroscape.

For example if it said on a pokemon card that you search your deck for a energy card that you could add to a pokemon to give that pokemon more energy to attack. Then it would read some like this in heroscape add 1 attack dice to your attack throw.

So if there another power that would take power away but give a bonus for doing so. Then it would read 1 point from defense or a wound and you get two attack dice.

There will be weakness and resistance and maybe a retreat cost added to the game. I will also be adding a random part of the game where each player pick a pokemon and place somewhere on the board. Nun of the player will control the that pokemon. Each player will use human figures from the next quest game to be as trainer who will have there own stat and they would go around the map trying to catch as many pokemon as they can.

It is still in simple stage at this time and I am adding new stuff each time I look at it. But keep the ideas coming. My main problem is point value and making the power and abilitys sound right.

Graham

My life is like Steven Kings room 1408. I just wished I took a boardgame before I step into the room.

Old September 1st, 2007, 09:17 PM

Do you all hate this idea that much you to help me out. Just forget that it pokemon and just think of it version of heroscape.

Graham

Old September 1st, 2007, 09:27 PM

Well, I'm not so sure of the concept you're trying to bring in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham1800
There will be weakness and resistance and maybe a retreat cost added to the game. I will also be adding a random part of the game where each player pick a pokemon and place somewhere on the board. Nun of the player will control the that pokemon. Each player will use human figures from the next quest game to be as trainer who will have there own stat and they would go around the map trying to catch as many pokemon as they can.
So, then, there's a theme of "Gotta Catch 'Em All" in this variation. But from what I'm reading, there's no "fighting" that many heroscapers have come to know and love. Where's the dice-rolling?

Unless you're coming to think that the 'trainers' can only fight when they have a Pokemon. So then does each player start with one pokemon, and they try to catch more? How do you catch more? What happens when two trainers try to catch the same pokemon? What happens when there are two trainers next to each other at all?

Nos13 is a judge...
For the TNT Customs!
Customs!
Old September 2nd, 2007, 07:54 AM

Ok Nos13

The ramdon part of the game is bit of a after thought. Basic idea was just to have a normal team of pokemon just like in heroscape where you pick your pokemon take you stat card and battle pokemon against pokemon. So as you can see from the eevee stat they is attack and defense dice rolls in that part of the game.

In the ramdon section of the game I do see your point. I think that it would be best if pokemon where ramdonly put across the map and each player take a chosen pokemon to fight another pokemon. This way you could take a basic eevee pokemon that would go out onto the map battle another pokemon. And when eevee destorys that pokemon it would count as been catched. Eevee get point for doing this that way it would goto toward its evolution point value. If you catch a pokemon you can use them but you might have to wait a turn or two so like in the cartoon they can recover. They would also start out with basic stats and the more they battle the more point there get to evole into the next stage.I am taking the part I said where you use the human figures out so that each player become the trainer.

Graham

Old September 2nd, 2007, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham1800
Ok Nos13

The ramdon part of the game is bit of a after thought. Basic idea was just to have a normal team of pokemon just like in heroscape where you pick your pokemon take you stat card and battle pokemon against pokemon. So as you can see from the eevee stat they is attack and defense dice rolls in that part of the game.

In the ramdon section of the game I do see your point. I think that it would be best if pokemon where ramdonly put across the map and each player take a chosen pokemon to fight another pokemon. This way you could take a basic eevee pokemon that would go out onto the map battle another pokemon. And when eevee destorys that pokemon it would count as been catched. Eevee get point for doing this that way it would goto toward its evolution point value. If you catch a pokemon you can use them but you might have to wait a turn or two so like in the cartoon they can recover. They would also start out with basic stats and the more they battle the more point there get to evole into the next stage.I am taking the part I said where you use the human figures out so that each player become the trainer.

Graham
All right, that cleared it up a lot. So then which pokemon do you have? just the first 150? all 493-ish? I could probably help with stat cards...

Nos13 is a judge...
For the TNT Customs!
Customs!
Old September 2nd, 2007, 12:24 PM

Nos13 tell you make a stat card up for Eevee that way I can see it it would work and look right. I did what to do a heroscape shape card and normal pokemon shape card but a bit bigger so you could fit all the stat stuff in.Here is a list of all the miniatures in the pokemon next quest game.
I have been thinking a bit more about the random part of the game I thought that if each player did pick some pokemon and place them on the map that player would control them in a small way. So what I mean is they would control them for thing like movement and defence mode only and not for attacking.

So for example lets just say we have two players. Player1 and player2 pick there pokemon. Player1 will place on the map what player2 has picked and player2 will do the same. Player 1 will control what player 2 has pick and Player 2 will do the same. That way if there is pokemon that one of the players really wait he is going to have to battle for it with other player. There are a few holes in this part of the game. Like what happen if the player who control his/her own figures wants to battle for a figure that they control. Will it might be a case that if you go after a figure that you control in both moement and defence then the other will player will conrol it until the battle is over or the other player has won that pokemon. Trading pokemon can be done aswell but with a different way. If player 1 has Charizard and player 2 Groudon and player 1 wants Groudon then he has to see what player one willing to trade for it. If player agree then place the Groudon and other figure asided for now. Each pick another pokemon and a battle starts. If player 1 wins then he/she will get Groudon the figure was willing trade. If player 1 does not win player 2 get to keep the his/hers pokemon plus what player 1 put up for trade. It bit like poker you put own money in the middle of the table and the other do the same. If you win you keep what you put in the middle of the table plus everyone elses cash. I hope you understand. Are you fan of pokemon ccg and the cartoon show.

1 Charizard Extremely Rare Flamethrower
2 Feraligatr Extremely Rare Riptide
3 Groudon Extremely Rare
4 Ho-Oh Extremely Rare
5 Kyogre Extremely Rare
6 Lugia Extremely Rare
7 Abra Rare
8 Absol Rare
9 Dratini Rare
10 Eevee Rare
11 Meowth Rare Flamethrower
12 Murkrow Rare Riptide
13 Salamence Rare
14 Skarmory Rare
15 Corsola Uncommon
16 Golem Uncommon
17 Mudkip Uncommon
18 Pikachu Uncommon Riptide
19 Raichu Uncommon
20 Scyther Uncommon
21 Torchic Uncommon
22 Treecko Uncommon Flamethrower
23 Voltorb Uncommon
24 Weezing Uncommon
25 Zangoose Uncommon
26 Beedrill Common
27 Doduo Common
28 Ekans Common
29 Machop Common
30 Mareep Common
31 Marill Common
32 Nidoran♂ Common
33 Sentret Common
34 Shroomish Common
35 Spearow Common
36 Tauros Common
37 Teddiursa Common
38 Weedle Common

Trainers
39 Brock Rare
40 Misty Rare
41 Brendan Common Riptide
42 Red Common Flamethrower

Old September 2nd, 2007, 04:33 PM

All right I'll see what I can come up with...

can you send me pics or something of your pokemon figs? that way I can put them on their card.

I used to be a fan. I played the games up until the Ho-oh and Lugia one (I think it was season two?). So I can probably only make cards up until then.

Nos13 is a judge...
For the TNT Customs!
Customs!
Old September 2nd, 2007, 04:44 PM

There is a bit of a problem with that have not got a camera. The only think I can think of if you have any of the pokmon cards you could scan them and have the stat cards with artwork. Check the link that I have on the first post to see if there is anythink there.

Check this web site where I got the list from and check on Eevee and see what images come up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pokemon...ure_Game#Cards

or

Boardgamegeek

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/24127

I know this would be one of the problem that way I was going to have normal card ccg card shape cards. I am sorry be more helpful with this size of the project.

Graham

Old September 2nd, 2007, 04:54 PM

I just found another site:

http://www.go-pokemon.com/tfg/

Nos13 is a judge...
For the TNT Customs!
Customs!
Old September 2nd, 2007, 04:59 PM

It a shame they dont have a gallery of all the miniatures in set. What do you think of them. I found this image from ebay dont know if it helps. Press the link it will come up.

http://i17.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/a7/c5/2277_1.JPG

Graham

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards