Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old July 16th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Help With Wurdz

Do I understand correctly that this is supposed to be counterstrike that triggers only if the GW rolls shields on at least half its dice?

If so:
After rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, if at least one half of the defense dice show shields, any excess shields count as unblockable hits against the attacking figure.
You can't hew too closely to the precedent of Counterstrike here, because this is a more complicated power. Dropping "all" in favor of "any" in the last sentence is part of the clues that I used to clarify that this is a 2-stage process, unlike pure CS. Part of the problem is that trying to explicate "excess" within the text of the power is really a rabbit hole, so I tried to avoid doing that.

Thoughts?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; July 16th, 2014 at 02:23 PM. Reason: never mind about the text version. just please remember for next time.
Old July 16th, 2014, 02:20 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Edit- and Yes, DS that is supposed to be how the power works.

That should do it, I also believe I fixed the Wyrmling Bonding based on the other Wyrmlings.

Green Wyrmling
Ullar
Dragon
Common Hero
Wyrmling
Valiant
Small 3

Life = 1
Move = 5
Range = 1
Attack = 4
Defense = 4
Points = 35

Fledgling Counter Strike
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, if at least as many dice show shields as do not show shields, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

Wyrmling Bonding
After revealing an order marker on a Green Wyrmling Army Card, before taking that Green Wyrmling’s turn, you may take a turn with one other Wyrmling you control.

Flying
When counting spaces for a Green Wyrmling’s movement, ignore elevations. A Green Wyrmling may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When a Green Wyrmling starts to fly, if she is engaged she will take any leaving engagement attacks.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old July 16th, 2014, 02:26 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Hah! Wow, I ninja'ed you pretty good.

Everything else looks good, assuming you copied and pasted correctly for the other 2 powers.

What do you think?

= =
Old July 16th, 2014, 02:28 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Hah! Wow, I ninja'ed you pretty good.

Everything else looks good, assuming you copied and pasted correctly for the other 2 powers.

What do you think?
Well, I'll tell them what you think (I like it though), I'm not sure what they think we should do. To be honest, this character (even though it's a hole in Heroscape along with mini wyrmling and now Brimstone) is probably not worth all this trouble.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old July 16th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Well, I like this power. I can't speak to how it would stand up to the testing process, but I applaud the ingenuity and I thank you for sharing it with me.

= =
Old July 16th, 2014, 02:54 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Personally, I prefer "at least as many show shields as do not show shields" to "half". Heroscape has never made you do any division.
Old July 16th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Personally, I prefer "at least as many show shields as do not show shields" to "half". Heroscape has never made you do any division.
Yes, but you also put periods outside quotation marks, which shows just how much you care.

I do not know why you would ask your readers' brains to jump through those mental hoops, rather than my simpler proposal, but all I offer is suggestions. I do not think Rob Daviau or CVN had principled objections to simpler language, and what you *want* here is a simple half, rather than a subtraction of excess.*

Thelema, though, would like you to know you can do it however you want.

= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; July 16th, 2014 at 03:07 PM. Reason: * Come to think of it, the division process is a helpful distinction from the subtraction that is Phase 2 of this power.
Old July 16th, 2014, 03:20 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Yes, but you also put periods outside quotation marks, which shows just how much you care.
My anglophile usage choices are not news.

Last edited by dok; July 16th, 2014 at 03:21 PM. Reason: There's a reason it's called "logical punctuation".
Old July 16th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Feel free to write like a European, or like someone who does not know how to punctuate. I will edit in conformance with American standards, and the difference between "European" and "wrong" is of no consequence to me.

= =
Old July 16th, 2014, 03:24 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

With half, there is not a possible issue of misunderstanding for an odd number of defense dice ?

At least half of 3 dice, it's 1 die or 2 dice ? I'm pretty sure it could seems to much un-official-ish for some. (even if I suppose that 2 is the "obvious" correct answer).

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.

Last edited by DanieLoche; July 16th, 2014 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Yes, I write as a European, but it's normal... ahah :P
Old July 16th, 2014, 03:33 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

One is not under any circumstances "at least half" of three. I am not at all concerned with that, but in the end it is not my decision.

I confess when I saw you'd posted in this thread, DL, I was concerned you would be asking me to help with the wording on a card in French. Glad to see I was wrong!

= =
Old July 17th, 2014, 01:02 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here's another unit I've been working with that I would appreciate you giving a once over.

The first power is mostly a slight revision from the Tagawa Samurai so it shouldn't be a problem, but you never know if you miss something and could use another set of eyes.

Thank you for your feedback.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards