Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old May 5th, 2011, 03:48 PM

Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker Orcs Blade knows what's in an order marker
Re: Fan Fic Contest: Are you the best writer?

Nice story Dadnarg! Orcish fueding is always fun to read about.

In other news, I probably won't be able to post on this challenge. But who knows, maybe I'll find time and get something out there.

Orcs Blade is Evar Scarcarver...
in theTWILIGHT CAVE...
Old May 5th, 2011, 07:13 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

When am I supposed to declare a winner for this portion of the contest?

Old May 5th, 2011, 07:47 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
As has been said previously, Sunday.
Old May 5th, 2011, 10:05 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Quote:
Actually, you know what, you judge the contest. I don't think I'll be able to.

Old May 5th, 2011, 10:18 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Really? Um, okay... let's see...

Acctually, I shouldn't be the one to judge, since I would be judging my own story. The entire point of having the previous winner not write was to avoid any biased opinions. Not that I'm speaking of anyone in particular, just in general. I'll PM someone when I think of someone.

Last edited by TGRF; May 5th, 2011 at 10:23 PM. Reason: for a very good reason
Old May 5th, 2011, 11:12 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Heruk sat his swog with ease, completely balanced upon his mount. No amount of twisting and turning of the swog would unseat him. He was an extension of the other creature. Such was the nature of the relationship between rider and beast. Hands callused and hardened by a life of war held the reins carefully but not tightly as the swog trotted carefully over the forbidding ice. Heruk's companions had taken different routes to the rendezvous point as marked on their maps.
How he would ever find the rendezvous point in this forgotten place never crossed Heruk's mind. His people had been using this place as a hideaway for months before Utgar found them. That was just after the accident. Yes that was it. Heruk could remember now. He and his warriors had been out on a raiding mission. They had just finished massacring the population of a town when they were summoned. Somewhere in the quantum between their worlds someone had interfered. The interference landed them in the middle of this misbegotten place.
That person was another Orc. Heruk hadn't known that there could have possibly been orcs elswhere but there were. This Orc was called Nerak. He was the last of the Thaelenk Orcs. He had been lonely well lonely-Heruk decided-wasn't the correct term for this ambitious warlord. He had taught them the art of riding Swogs. Swogs were an unknown creature until they arrived. Nerak had whipped them into shape taught them the ways of the swog and turned them into a fighting force. Then Utgar stole Heruk and his companions by summoning them a second time. This time Nerak was caught of guard and didn't make it to the quantum cave to interfere again.
Why were they here now and under Utgar's orders? Utgar simply brainwashed all of them. Once he was sure of their loyalty he sent them out to recruit Nerak. They were the only ones who knew the tundra well enough.
"but Utgar knows nothing!" said Heruk triumphantly, "he may think he has our loyalty but we will always be loyal to Nerak! And Nerak alone!" he yelled into the freezing afternoon air.
Heruk leapt to the ground. He slipped up a little and his swog quickly moved to support him. "Another thing Utgar doesn't know he thought, "most people take one look at a swog and think brainless eating machine," patting it's nose, "but they would never guess how great and loyal companion they can be. You have great initiative dont you?" he said to his swog, feeling a little foolish.
Heruk crouched low to the ground. His ears picking up every slightest bit of movement. He pinched some ice and put it on his tongue. Immediately his factory cells in his mouth scented and tasted, leather, sweat, and well ice. He spat it out. The stuff could have been three days old.
"Your tracking is improving."
Heruk started at the sound. He turned around but did not draw his blade for he knew who it was.
"And yours are as acute as ever Elder Nerak." he said to the grizzeled elder before him, "My swog never noticed you."
"Oh he noticed me alright."
"why didn't he give warning?"
"I told him not to."
"Of course elder Nerak."
"You forgot for a moment that I raised these swogs from pups." Neraks own older Swog with white fur and the same grizzeled appearance appeared dragging a stag.
"They also make great hunters and that's good because I'm--" his stomach finished the sentence for him. The other two swog riders trotted in and greeted their old friend with enthusiasm. Much clapping of arms and guttural guffaws at lousy orcish jokes.
"Where are the rest?"
"Coming Lord Nerak, but slowly. Utgar doesn't want to give us up so they will arrive in threes as wee did. Any who were with them will report missing in action. Those who await their turn will commit random acts of kindness to devalue ourselves in Utgar's eyes. When we ate total in force there will be enough of us to reek havoc."
"Ah a more beautiful word was never spoken. This is good news come I will show you to the camp. I fond hydrothermal vents. The area is warm enough for the swogs comfort as well as ours."
The minions of Nerak mounted and rode deeper into the unforgiving Thaelenk Tundra.

Posted from iPod. Sorry for grammar errors.

EDIT; fixing numerable grammar errors to make story more enjoyable.

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.

Last edited by Elven Lord; May 6th, 2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old May 6th, 2011, 05:09 PM

Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Acctually, I shouldn't be the one to judge, since I would be judging my own story. The entire point of having the previous winner not write was to avoid any biased opinions. Not that I'm speaking of anyone in particular, just in general. I'll PM someone when I think of someone.
I could judge if you want
Old May 6th, 2011, 05:42 PM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart

Alright fellow authors. Here goes my story.

An Icy Allegiance

Grulk sat upon his Swog and gazed across the icy landscape that was the Thaelenk Tundra. Utgar had sent him and his two companions, Druuk and Wrosh, on an expedition a week prior to find the renegade orc Nerak. Nerak had been the first creature summoned to Valhalla by Utgar, but a mistake duet to ignorance had resulted in the Swog Rider being teleported away from the wellspring. After years of searching, Utgar had finally pinned down his location.
The three Riders had no desire to find Nerak, but they feared Utgar's punishment more than they feared Nerak. Nerak had been the best Swog Rider of the Grut army back on their home planet, but his wild tendencies, even for an orc, had led to his banishment. He had eventually returned with an army loyal to him, and only his death at the hands of Grimnak had ended the civil war.
A sound startled Grulk out of his thoughts, he searched the wasteland and saw nothing. The wind had been playing tricks on the three of them for the three days they had been their. They were running out of food as well, it wouldn't be long until they had to give up the search and face Utgar's wrath.
"We needs to set up camp. The swogs are near exhaustion," growled Wrosh in the guttural language of the orcs.
"Alright then," Grulk responded in the same language, "Druuk!" He turned to look towards Druuk who had been unusually silent. Grulk was shocked to discover that Druuk had been missing. "Druuk!" he shouted again.
"Probably has collapsed in the snow a ways back," Wrosh said calmly, "Don't worry 'bout 'im. You 'ad the food and I 'ad the blankets, all 'e carried was the tents, we can huddle wit' the swogs. This way, there be more food fer us."
Grulk nodded in agreement, the Tundra was vast, and the piles of snow constantly changed the landscape. Druuk was probably buried in a foot of snow by now. Quickly they gathered their things and lit a fire. In minutes, they were both asleep huddled with their mounts.
The next morning, or what Grulk considered morning among the constant grey of the sky, Grulk awoke and found that Wrosh had already gotten up since he was no longer where he had been the night before. Grulk stood up and readied his mount. He looked across the landscape and saw a shape lying in the snow. He led his swog towards the form and saw that it was Wrosh, lying facedown, dead in the snow.
The poor thing must have rolled from the fire and froze, Grulk thought to himself. He bent down to roll the body over and take its moneybag when he saw a pool of blood under it. Grulk dropped the body, jumping back and drawing his knife."
"What are you doing in my domain?" an invisible voice asked, seemingly from a close distance.
"I 'ave come lookin' for a orc by the name Nerak," Grulk shouted, spinning around.
"Then you've found him," a mass rose from the snow, and, sure enough, there stood Nerak on a white swog. "What do you want with me?" Nerak asked in a low voice.
"My Lord Utgar, 'as requested you join 'is army to conquer Val'alla."
"That is an interesting proposition you have their," Nerak replied. Quick as a flash, Nerak's knife was out and in the stomach of Grulk, "You may send my answer to Utgar."
Grulk collapsed dead on the snow. Nerak took a few minutes to prepare the body and then mounted it on Grulk's swog and sent it off into the snow.

Utgar sat in his throneroom, waiting impatiently for news of the rogue swog to reach him. The rush of running feet caught his attention and the doors opened, one of his guards ran in.
"My lord, there is something here that you must see."
"Well bring it in!" Utgar roared.
The minion bowed and hurried out. A few minutes later he returned leading a sickly thin swog. On the swog's back was one of the orcs he had sent on the expedition. Utgar came down from his throne and looked at the creature. It had been dead for days, but the sight that caught Utgar's attention was what was on its chest.
Carved into the orc's chest was one word, Yes. Utgar smiled wickedly, he liked his new soldier already.

Now that track is over, I will be able to post these sooner now hopefully. Hope you enjoy.

P.S. Sorry if it is too long.

Last edited by bumper15; May 6th, 2011 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Realized how long it was
Old May 6th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Great story bumber15. I was hoping you would get one in this time... peace

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 6th, 2011, 08:54 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

I was hoping he wasn't. Then maybe my story would be at least competitive. That was meant as a complement FYI

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.
Old May 7th, 2011, 07:15 AM

bumper15 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven Lord View Post
I was hoping he wasn't. Then maybe my story would be at least competitive. That was meant as a complement FYI
I don't know how to respond to that, seeing as your last writing qualified and mine didn't . Everyone here writes great stories, you should be more worried that nobody else posts so that you can be competitive .
Old May 7th, 2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderball68 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I could judge if you want
Sure. Just be around to judge. It's fine with me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction