Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 4th, 2022, 06:26 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoserver View Post
Has anyone posted how many common squads are in the base set? Could be a good reason to buy multiple.
But you're right that this would've been a good reason to buy multiple ... As is, only reason to buy multiple is for the terrain and then smaller, made up reasons like "what if you and your friend both want to play the same figure at the same time."

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 4th, 2022, 07:38 AM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoserver View Post
Has anyone posted how many common squads are in the base set? Could be a good reason to buy multiple.
Everything is Unique, even the squads. You only need one.
Really? On one hand thats try consumer friendly and reminiscent of ROTV, but on the other hand that definitely minimizes reasons to double back, and while I do like Heroscape not squad scape, I am a bit bummed to see absolutely no commons.

That does make it seem like even more of a blast to play just with one Master set with a friend though. Hope to see it fully backed.
Old October 4th, 2022, 08:01 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I prefer all the unique squads we're (hopefully) getting opposed to common squads. I think it makes for more varied army builds and keeps the emphasis on the heroes. I think from a design standpoint it opens up more possibilities too for some of the changes we're seeing like multi-life squad figures and 5 figure squads. Who doesn't love that?!

Common squads are cool for units you want to see fill the board like Roman Legionnaires or Blade Orcs.

To me the common squads always felt like the cash grab aspect to the game because you had to have 3 sets of each to be viable in an army. And along with that comes the storage of dozens and dozens of squad figures.

I bet anything if this project funds there will be a common squad or two coming in the pipeline.
Old October 4th, 2022, 08:05 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
To me the common squads always felt like the cash grab aspect to the game because you had to have 3 sets of each to be viable in an army.
Yes, but if there's any time to do a "cash grab," it's now .... As is, kind of feels like they're *not* grabbing cash, which means they won't might not have the cash needed to bring this back.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 4th, 2022, 08:23 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Pig View Post
To me the common squads always felt like the cash grab aspect to the game because you had to have 3 sets of each to be viable in an army.
Yes, but if there's any time to do a "cash grab," it's now .... As is, kind of feels like they're *not* grabbing cash, which means they won't might not have the cash needed to bring this back.
True enough.

Well if anyone is on the fence about buying a second or third set of AoA but is bummed about the all uniques, who knows, maybe the designer of that squad would provide some guidance on how to do a custom version as a common or uncommon.
Old October 4th, 2022, 08:57 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Heroscape started out with all Unique Squads. They're only replicating a new beginning. Commons are sold in separate Waves, so you can buy multiples of them more efficiently.
Old October 4th, 2022, 09:30 AM

My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker My Darling Panzer knows what's in an order marker

I reached out to Crabbok, as he has a decent reach (50K+ subscribers), and, as another poster mentioned, he covered a bit of the Heroscape at Gencon release.

Anyone got a spare $2 million lying around lol? I want to remain hopeful, but this isn't looking good
Old October 4th, 2022, 09:32 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Whatever mistakes Hasbro may be making with this crowdfund, it would've been an even bigger mistake to make any of the units in this offering common.
Old October 4th, 2022, 09:37 AM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The question is, how much are we willing to spend to get Heroscape back? I've backed 3 sets, one to keep unpainted, one to ship to my artist sister to be painted and one to keep sealed. But I could afford 5 sets, or even more if I push my bank account to its limits. We need a contingency plan if this thing isn't backed in time. I'm planning on lending friends money to buy 5 sets if things are not reached by say November 10th.

Anyone else willing to do this? How much are we really willing to pay to bring Heroscape back? Those extra sets will only gain value, like other Heroscape product, so really it's an investment. We cannot let Heroscape die again!

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old October 4th, 2022, 09:48 AM

TerminX knows what's in an order marker TerminX knows what's in an order marker TerminX knows what's in an order marker

I intend to buy the other 4 if it comes to it & flip them for the same price later. Would rather not have to but it's definitely worth making that investment for the future of the series. Won't be making that call until a couple days out from the deadline though

crab?
Old October 4th, 2022, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Whatever mistakes Hasbro may be making with this crowdfund, it would've been an even bigger mistake to make any of the units in this offering common.
Not if they were appropriately priced add ons.

Old October 4th, 2022, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
The question is, how much are we willing to spend to get Heroscape back? I've backed 3 sets, one to keep unpainted, one to ship to my artist sister to be painted and one to keep sealed. But I could afford 5 sets, or even more if I push my bank account to its limits. We need a contingency plan if this thing isn't backed in time. I'm planning on lending friends money to buy 5 sets if things are not reached by say November 10th.

Anyone else willing to do this? How much are we really willing to pay to bring Heroscape back? Those extra sets will only gain value, like other Heroscape product, so really it's an investment. We cannot let Heroscape die again!
What, no second mortgage? If you're not spending at least $10,000, are you really doing enough?

(Tongue and cheek here. If this fails, it's not on the community).

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion