Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 3rd, 2018, 08:55 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
The Book of Cassie Hack

The Book of Cassie Hack

C3G DDP WAVE 30
TOIL AND TROUBLE

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a modified Heroclix figure from the TMNT Heroes in a Half Shell set.
Its model number and name are #012 / Irma.

Tutorial on How to Mod this Figure

Character Bio - Cassie was raised by an overprotective single mom, Delilah Hack, who worked as the school's lunch lady. When Delilah was caught killing kids that bullied Cassie and serving them up in school lunches, Delilah killed herself... but she came back. Cassie had to confront an undead version of her mother, known as The Lunch Lady, who continued her crimes as an undead monster. Cassie put down her mother's revenant, and then dropped out of school and started traveling the country, hunting other 'slashers' like her mother.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • As a Human, Cassie interacts differently with these special powers.
  • Cassie's Slasher Slayer special power allows her to roll an additional attack die against Slashers.

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 04:11 PM. Reason: png
Old December 3rd, 2018, 08:56 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Cassie Hack (Design)

NAME = CASSIE HACK
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SLAYER
PERSONALITY = ANGRY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 110

SLASHER SLAYER
When Cassie attacks an adjacent figure with her normal attack, roll 1 additional die for each of the following that is true:
-Cassie was not adjacent to the defending figure at the start of her turn.
-there is at least one Wound Marker on this card.
-the defending figure is a Slasher.

HACK/SLASH
Whenever a figure you control receives one or more wounds from an enemy figure's special power that is not a special attack, if that enemy figure is engaged with Cassie, it receives one wound.

Last edited by Ronin; February 2nd, 2019 at 11:09 PM.
Old December 3rd, 2018, 08:56 PM
Symbiotic

Comic:
Spoiler Alert!

Figure:
Spoiler Alert!

Background:
Not sure. Laundromat to match the comic could work, but you could also go for someplace that looks more like slasher territory. Creepy abandoned building?

Last edited by Ronin; February 3rd, 2019 at 03:34 PM.
Old December 3rd, 2018, 09:12 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Old December 3rd, 2018, 09:19 PM
Symbiotic

First non-Big Two design for me!

Publisher could be either DDP or Image - Hack/Slash started at DDP, but jumped over to Image before finishing, because DDP was having a hard time paying Tim Seeley and the artists he worked with.

DDP published more issues, but Image gets some credit with me for paying creators.
Old December 3rd, 2018, 09:21 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I think Slasher Slayer could use a rename, just because a lot of the power isn't really dependent on slaying slashers. And I'm not entirely sure how Hack/Slash is supposed to work - the "even if she is destroyed" bit is probably what's throwing me. If she's destroyed, how can she be engaged? Just a timing adjustment would probably make it more clear (even if the name isn't really illustrative there, either).

But yeah, she seems solid. Can't speak to the source material but I love a nice simply new headliner.
Old December 3rd, 2018, 09:30 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I think Slasher Slayer could use a rename, just because a lot of the power isn't really dependent on slaying slashers. And I'm not entirely sure how Hack/Slash is supposed to work - the "even if she is destroyed" bit is probably what's throwing me. If she's destroyed, how can she be engaged? Just a timing adjustment would probably make it more clear (even if the name isn't really illustrative there, either).

But yeah, she seems solid. Can't speak to the source material but I love a nice simply new headliner.
Fair on both points - wanted her to be able to counter-wound even if the wound was enough to destroy her, but that does muddy the power a little.

And I'm totally up for a rename on Slasher Slayer - don't have anything else immediately in mind, though.
Old December 4th, 2018, 09:57 PM
Symbiotic

Tweaked Hack/Slash wording. Still open for a rename on Slasher Slayer, but I'm struggling with any sort of more general name for that. We've got all the way into Final Editing, though.

Any other thoughts before heading toward an initial?

( @japes and @Yodaking - totally fine if you don't have any thoughts here, just wanted to make sure you saw the thread - tagged you in the OS Index when I started it up, but there's a lot going on there)

Last edited by Ronin; December 5th, 2018 at 11:32 AM.
Old December 5th, 2018, 01:22 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I don't have a lot to offer here. Not familiar with the source material.

I do have a question about intent in Hack/Slash. I'm assuming it works for her as well. So if a figure is engaged with her and uses a special on her, it will also receive a wound if it wounds Cassie. Is that correct? So in the end game one on one the slashers can't really use their specials. Is that the theme you are going for?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 5th, 2018, 02:00 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I don't have a lot to offer here. Not familiar with the source material.

I do have a question about intent in Hack/Slash. I'm assuming it works for her as well. So if a figure is engaged with her and uses a special on her, it will also receive a wound if it wounds Cassie. Is that correct?
Yes.

Quote:
So in the end game one on one the slashers can't really use their specials. Is that the theme you are going for?
They pretty much all can, actually.

Jason and Freddy just won't ever get counter-wounds because of the way their powers work.

The other Slashers are more vulnerable, but they're not unable to use their auto-wounds - they're just gonna have to make the call on whether or not it's worth trading wounds. If they have more Life remaining than Cassie, I imagine they're pretty much always gonna go for it.
Old December 5th, 2018, 04:27 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I saw the thread as well. I just don't have any connection to the character at all and the Slasher faction isn't one of the corners of the world I often play in, so I've opted to leave it in the very capable hands of others who are more invested. I'll try to contribute when I do have some connection to the character, like I did with Ash, but otherwise there are just too many different factions for me to keep on top of all of them without getting burned out and retiring.

I believe my general feelings on things have been well expressed in the past (ex. class/species crossover with the core C3G where possible, stat creep, fun factor for your opponent is important too, etc.) and so I hope those thoughts echo without me needed to repeat myself. You have my trust though Ronin, so you can count on my vote when it's needed at the end. If a mechanical issue or a question about how something should interact within the wider C3G world pops up, feel free to tag me and I'll be happy to weigh in. Otherwise I'll be pretty quite in some threads like this one, while louder in others like a G.I. Joe related thread.
Old December 5th, 2018, 04:41 PM
Symbiotic

No worries, YK. I thought you might not be super opinionated here.

I just have a window of a couple days where I've got a lot of time to run tests, so I was hoping to move this along pretty quickly, but I didn't want to already be calling a vote the first time Heroes were seeing the thread.

CRB checklist:

Quote:
COMPETITIVE REVIEW BOARD CHECKLIST

Competitive Concerns

Does the design offer worrisome Order marker movement or efficiency (Commander Rogers, Joker (I), Ozymandias)?

Nothin' doin' on that front.

Does the design offer superior Auto wounding (War Machine, Cosmic Cube, Selene)?

Can only auto-wound other auto-wounders, and only if she can get engaged with them. I'm gonna call that a no.

Does the design cause the prevention of abilities (Blob, Polaris, Meteorite)?

Nope. Discouragement of some auto-wounding abilities, but no prevention.

Does the design move opponent's figures (Graviton, Magneto (II), Vulture)?

Negatory.

Does the design move friendly figures (Angel, Martian Manhunter (I))?

Nuh-uh.

Does the design boost other figures (outside of a narrowly defined set) (Captain America, Star-Lord, Sage)?

It does not.

Does the design have one or more excellent defensive powers (5th Precinct Beat Cops, Magical Defense, Speedball)?

Cassie is rocking exactly zero defensive powers.

Does the design auto destroy or take control of other figures in a way that unbalances the design (Psycho-man, Gorgon, Enchantress)?

That's a big no.

Does the design have any other concerns (Magma creating lava tiles, pre re-eval Crow's invulnerability, pre re-eval Mad Thinker Mind Games and limiting design space for Androids)?

I'm feeling pretty unconcerned.

Summary of Any Competitive Concerns/Suggestions for Changes:
@dok @Dysole @weebaer @Soundwarp SG-1

You can fill in that last question if there's something I'm missing, but I feel pretty secure about this not being a problem design, so let's send Cassie to initial testing.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library