Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music
Music Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old April 13th, 2009, 08:13 PM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Anyone still have vinyl?

I still have some vinyl but nothing to play it on. Everything in the vinyl collection was long ago converted to it's digital cousin.

Jeff H - Manchester NH

No plan survives contact with the enemy. - Field Marshal Helmuth von Moltke

Good traders: M.K. Sentinal, C.L., and CheddarLimbo
Old April 13th, 2009, 09:11 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by loborocket View Post
I still have some vinyl but nothing to play it on. Everything in the vinyl collection was long ago converted to it's digital cousin.
Do you mean that you bought it on CD, or actually converted your LPs?
Old April 23rd, 2009, 09:27 PM

Larmo knows what's in an order marker Larmo knows what's in an order marker Larmo knows what's in an order marker

Nice to see a fair amount of people are still listening to records! I just picked up Empty Glass the other day, like it a lot! What is the deal with red and blue records, are they just promo things? Do most records have colored versions?
Old April 23rd, 2009, 10:12 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by loborocket View Post
I still have some vinyl but nothing to play it on.
This is me; my best of which is Beatles White. I will have to rectify soon.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old April 25th, 2009, 04:21 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larmo View Post
Nice to see a fair amount of people are still listening to records! I just picked up Empty Glass the other day, like it a lot! What is the deal with red and blue records, are they just promo things? Do most records have colored versions?
Sometimes, a band will release a 'limited edition' on colored vinyl [my lady has ALL of the LE Beastie Boys records on colored vinyl, as well as the regular black vinyl versions]. Sometimes the colored vinyl is the only version available. I have noticed the colored vinyl used frequently on 45s too.

What is Empty Glass?
Old April 27th, 2009, 07:56 PM

Larmo knows what's in an order marker Larmo knows what's in an order marker Larmo knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garada View Post
Quote:
Sometimes, a band will release a 'limited edition' on colored vinyl [my lady has ALL of the LE Beastie Boys records on colored vinyl, as well as the regular black vinyl versions]. Sometimes the colored vinyl is the only version available. I have noticed the colored vinyl used frequently on 45s too.

What is Empty Glass?
A Pete Townshend solo album.
Old May 16th, 2009, 11:53 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmospro View Post
More than I want to think about, somewhere between 2 and 3 hundred 33 long plays, around 50 or so 45's. These are mostly 70's and 80's rock and metal. Then theirs the old stuff, about 200 more albums of blues, jazz and big bands collections some are 33 and other are 78's.

Yes I'm old.
78's! That must have been what my parents had .... I forgot the speed but that sound right. Those things were like 1/4" thick! I think the diameter was larger than a 45 but smaller than LP/33. I forgot about those they were obsolete by the time I was born (1957).
My wife has a tons of old 78's that were her dad's. They are thick and heavy. She's got hundreds of them from the 30's and 40's + of big band era. Tons of Glenn Miller and Gene Krupa especially (her father is burried in the same cemetary as Gene Krupa at Holy Cross Cemetary in Calumet City, IL). There are many other artists/bands as well, you name it and we've probably got it. It's pretty cool, but we need a turntable to play them on.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Hahma; May 16th, 2009 at 11:58 PM.
Old June 6th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Soon to be Mrs. Tony Stark

DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have a LOT. John Lennon's Double Fantasy still in plastic with the price tag, baby.

Pretty much everything John Cougar/Mellencamp. Almost all the Eagles. The Creatures and Peter Murphy, too, which I am so proud of.

And sooo many 78s. Boxes.

I have a new record player too--hard to find, but coming back now. I love vinyl--it sounds more real.

[And DeceitfulBeauty finally beat NecroBlade at Heroscape. With Iron Man.]
Old June 6th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker

that's funny this thread was surfaced. I recently aquired a 50's juke box and currently on the prowl for 45's to stock it with. I had a bunch of 45's and can't find them yet. Most of my records 33's are beatles albums, with bunch of 80's stuff.

If anyone has some 45's in these catagories, i'd be interested in trades or purchase

The cars- open to most
Scorpions- open to most
The drifters- there goes my baby and/or save the last dance for me
The flamingos- I only have eyes for you
Ted Nugent-fred bear and/or stranglehold (paying well if you have both on one record)
Sam Cooke- open to most
Queenryche- anything from Empire
Queen- open to most
Rolling stones- open

Also open to most rock from 50's to 2000ish.

all 45's have to have the big hole.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old June 6th, 2009, 10:33 PM

The Walrus King is surprisingly tart

I just got a "Wings- Band on the Run" record at a yard sale today... they were sellin so much in great condition i almost bought a Boston record but i didnt and idk y... It was only $2 each or $3 for two.... I feel bad i didn't buy more

LOSE THE GAME
RULE 1: You are playing the game.
RULE 2: Whenever you think about the game, you lose.
RULE 3: Loss must be announced.

Congrats. You just lost game.
Old June 8th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Soon to be Mrs. Tony Stark

DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness DeceitfulBeauty wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garada View Post
Quote:

What is Empty Glass?
I have a KoRn Here to Stay era single on bright neon green transparent vinyl. It's nice.

[And DeceitfulBeauty finally beat NecroBlade at Heroscape. With Iron Man.]
Old June 8th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

See I don't think they sound any more "real". They just didn't overproduce music in studio's back then and thus the sound was more "authentic".

Take some crappy Spears song and put it on vinyl and it will still sound fake.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music