Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old January 24th, 2019, 07:42 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Played my first game of Dinosaur Island, a 4 Player Medium, using only Herbivores and the Giant Coaster, with the tile that doubled my patron points for that ride, the Ride Engineer, and Security Guard 2. I was leading most of the game. Had I boosted my DNA harvesting earlier, I could have won! I used no Carnivores at all. A fun game and for this play of it an interesting twist.

Last edited by chas; January 28th, 2019 at 05:18 AM.
Old January 24th, 2019, 07:59 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

I played Dinosaur Island once and enjoyed it.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 24th, 2019, 10:58 AM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I've been playing Wingspan! It's a medium-weight engine/tableau-builder from new designer Elizabeth Hargrave (female designers in the hotness! ). The game is stunning to look at and has incredible component quality. Each bird in the 170-card deck is unique and all gameplay information is relevant to the bird's real-life traits. My games so far have gone 2 hours, but I expect them to get down to about 1 hour with experienced players.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old January 24th, 2019, 11:25 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Wingspan looks to be a great looking game. From a video I watched, it looks like bit plays well too.

Old January 24th, 2019, 12:49 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Ive played walking dead all out war miniatures game 5x over last weekend. I really love how simple or complex you can make the game using the expansions and advanced terrain rules. My favorite little group to use is probably the inmates because of how their leader can give the other inmates extra actions with his white die roll. Other characters that are some of my faves are negan rick and tyrese. Tyrese and negan are tanks and ricks shoot stat is good too. Ive been hard at work building and 3d printing more fun stuff for my board. Im very excited to be building a modular prison for them. I also have been supplementing minis from the zombicide boxes for even more undead. Im super stoked to paint all the season 2 zombicide inmate zombies to go in my walking dead prison.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 27th, 2019, 08:25 PM
Prickly Cactus

My daughters were finally willing to play a game today (been awhile since they've been interested in playing ).

We played Cacao. Their first time playing and they liked it well enough. I chose it because it's easy to learn and only takes about 45 minutes to play.

Old January 28th, 2019, 12:33 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I played Terraforming Mars for the first time on Saturday night, with a few expansions (including the Venus one).

Pretty fun game, but way too in-depth for me to understand on the first play-through. If I ever get another shot to play I'm sure I'll like it even better.
Old January 28th, 2019, 01:23 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Terraforming Mars is one that takes a couple plays to wrap your head around, particularly if you are not well-seasoned in board games.

I haven't tried any of the expansions for it yet but I have heard great things.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old January 28th, 2019, 08:04 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I was disappointed when I read the rules for the Venus Next expansion. In the core game, the three terraforming parameters are spelled our for you; oceans, temperature and oxygen. In the Venus Next rules, they just call the new parameter a "terraforming parameter," without telling you what you're doing. Are you decreasing sulfuric acid? Decreasing air pressure or temperature? Adding oxygen?

Old February 2nd, 2019, 06:31 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I played in my first Keyforge tournament today. It was a sealed deck event, so I got a new deck and went 2-1, coming in 4th out of 7. I only own 4 decks, so most things I saw were new to me.

Keyforge is a brilliant game. The distribution novelty is what got my interest, but it has some brilliant tweaks on the standard resource-management card battling game genre, and it's got enough going on to keep me interested.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 2nd, 2019, 10:34 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Today I played:

DC Deck Building Game (I was Wonder Woman)
Tales of the Arabian Nights (I was Sinbad)
Above and Below

All of the players had never played any of the games before.

What's really great is that I now have another gaming group. So I have Tuesdays every week and Sundays every week, and Saturdays sometimes I'm in Brooklyn with @chas , @Sherman Davies and @kolakoski , and sometimes with the Sunday group.

Old February 2nd, 2019, 11:21 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
My local shop that sold WH40K had a bits box of loose parts you could pick stuff out of and buy for a few cents each. Might be worth asking at any of your local shops to see if they do the same thing. The shop owners generally have lots of opened stuff laying around for a variety of reasons.
Tried that and it was a fail. They have painting classes and demos in this store all the time yet I was told they have not bits. But I could buy any one of these great looking sets lining the shelves. I'm not paying $30 for 3 heavy gunners just to use their weapons for a game played with $1 cars. So I'm going make this my first goal once I put my 3D printer together. Thanks for the lead though.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games