Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old April 20th, 2011, 10:37 AM

Kurrok The Elementalist Woo who?
Re: The Book of Venoc Vipers

thats awesome all this time I never knew you coud attack with 9

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=34087 my custom thread

if Master of the hunt is a large then the hulk should be to
Old April 25th, 2011, 05:09 PM

GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker

It seems to me that they should have something like how evasive 8 is for the the EOVs.. like maybe evasive 2 at least? its just no survivability with these guys, and i almost never get frenzy so not the strongest IMO.
Old April 25th, 2011, 05:26 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a penguin with a machine gun lefton4ya is a penguin with a machine gun lefton4ya is a penguin with a machine gun lefton4ya is a penguin with a machine gun lefton4ya is a penguin with a machine gun lefton4ya is a penguin with a machine gun lefton4ya is a penguin with a machine gun lefton4ya is a penguin with a machine gun lefton4ya is a penguin with a machine gun lefton4ya is a penguin with a machine gun lefton4ya is a penguin with a machine gun lefton4ya is a penguin with a machine gun

They are not meant to be played strong. They are cheap - no other squad of attack 3 can you get for 40 points. Think - you can get 7 squads of these for the price of 4 squads of 70-point standard melee units, although being a squad of 3 that means 21 units to 16 units of the same price. If someone has a bunch of high attack units that would kill a 3 defense squad easily, you are just making them waste their higher attacks. They are not good against every unit but fare fairly well against both melee and range squads and very well against hero-heavy armies.
Old April 25th, 2011, 05:27 PM
...lest we all lose that 3rd turn mystery

The_X_Marker wears ripped pants of awesomeness The_X_Marker wears ripped pants of awesomeness The_X_Marker wears ripped pants of awesomeness The_X_Marker wears ripped pants of awesomeness The_X_Marker wears ripped pants of awesomeness The_X_Marker wears ripped pants of awesomeness The_X_Marker wears ripped pants of awesomeness

They're not made to outlive your opponents attacks. They're made to do enough damage that he cant recover.

It just sounds to me like they make your dice go cold, because Ive seen them ruin a 4th Mass army in the first round.

An army my friend frequently brings out is this one:

Venoc Warlord 120
Armoc Vipers x2 130/250
Venoc Vipers x4 160/410
Elite Onyx Vipers 100/510

22 spaces/510 points

The idea is simple, keep the Warlord and Armocs in the back as cleanup while the Venocs do as much as they can before they fall. The EoV also go for the high priority ranged attackers.

The Venocs value actually goes up in bigger point games, and seems to go up at a steady rate, without diminishing returns in their performance.

Edit: Ninjad by lefty

Be polite: Don't put politics or religion in your signature!

Common Error #1: A lot not Alot

Last edited by The_X_Marker; April 25th, 2011 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Lets do the timewalk agaiiiiiin
Old April 25th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Ninja Dust

I have venocophobia. I have had it since I was slaughterd in battle by a large horde of Venoc Vipers at Gencon 2010.
Old April 25th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Son of Arathorn is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Son of Arathorn is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Son of Arathorn is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Son of Arathorn is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Son of Arathorn is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Son of Arathorn is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Son of Arathorn is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Son of Arathorn is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Son of Arathorn is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Gotta love these guys. I fielded 2 squads of Venoc Vipers and their warlord in a giant game against my brother. they attacked nerak, a squad of blade gruts, a squad of arrow gruts, taelord, and grimnak, by using FIVE FRENZIES on their first turn! lady luck smiled upon me, and grimnak walked away with only a single point of life left by the time I finished my turn. The rest of them you say? completely obliterated by 6 Venoc Vipers.
Old April 27th, 2011, 04:35 PM

GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker GTigers55 knows what's in an order marker

I don't see how people get so many frenzies in a row... Sorry if it seems like I'm hating on the Venocs its just I have never rolled well with them...
Old April 27th, 2011, 08:49 PM
...lest we all lose that 3rd turn mystery

The_X_Marker wears ripped pants of awesomeness The_X_Marker wears ripped pants of awesomeness The_X_Marker wears ripped pants of awesomeness The_X_Marker wears ripped pants of awesomeness The_X_Marker wears ripped pants of awesomeness The_X_Marker wears ripped pants of awesomeness The_X_Marker wears ripped pants of awesomeness

We only tell you when the frenzy is hot.

Ive had a lot more games that their frenzy failed or only worked twice, than games that I have had more than 3 frenzies.

Normally, the Mega Frenzy Pack games are a lot more epic because they show a lot of the true power of the Venocs.

When frenzy goes cold, however, the venocs 0 defense ends the game soon.

Be polite: Don't put politics or religion in your signature!

Common Error #1: A lot not Alot
Old April 27th, 2011, 09:31 PM

The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker The Deadliest Warrior knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTigers55 View Post
I don't see how people get so many frenzies in a row... Sorry if it seems like I'm hating on the Venocs its just I have never rolled well with them...
Depends on the army build. Are they alone or do they have people to boost them like the Venoc Warlord, Raelin, and other alternative sources of boosting like the Glyph of Lodin? Those help a lot.

'My dog's got no nose.'
"How does it smell?"
'Terrible.'
Old April 28th, 2011, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadliest Warrior View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTigers55 View Post
Depends on the army build. Are they alone or do they have people to boost them like the Venoc Warlord, Raelin, and other alternative sources of boosting like the Glyph of Lodin? Those help a lot.
If I draft them I almost always have the Venoc Warlord. But the glyphs are randomized so that can go any way it just depends.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 07:27 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Played these guys at TTO this past weekend. My army was:

3x Venoc Vipers
3x Omnicron Snipers
Venoc Warlord
Isamu

I went 2-2, and came in 11th place (of 28 ). This is the best I've done at a tournament so far. The army worked well - Snipers get height on OM 1 and 2, then, when the enemy is in closer, the Vipers go in to tie things up. I didn't get too many Frenzies, but the strategy doesn't require very many to be effective.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Old October 23rd, 2012, 09:40 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I once won I game in one turn(a game of CtF, at Gencon) with these guys. With the VW, I got them to a move glyph. I frenzied and got one viper to the flag, killed the only figure adjacent to it, and the rules stated that I met victory conditions, so therefore I won in one turn.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.

Last edited by Arrow Grut; October 23rd, 2012 at 11:03 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Units