Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old March 9th, 2017, 10:37 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Shifting Realms by Craig & Jeff Van Ness

In my humble opinion, and I know Craig has heard this before, there are three things that would help dramatically on Kickstarter:
1. The possibility of minis. KS loves minis.
2. Promotional videos with Tom Vasel or Rodney, both of whom, if I'm right about their taste, would like the game.
3. Upgraded graphic design. Eye candy is so important on KS.

I know nothing is easy, and nothing is free. But I think those three things would help. Worth the cost, or delay? I don't know.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 10th, 2017, 10:30 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Another thing that might help, and that would actually be free, would be for one of the promo videos to be an example of gameplay like a sample turn. I look forward to this getting a second chance in June.
Old March 16th, 2017, 11:15 AM

Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Great! The game looks good, Craig. I think getting some promotional videos up there will help. KS does love minis, if you can find a way to get a few in the box, too.

Best of luck to you and your brother, next time.
Yes. We are exploring different options- Currently looking at some custom meeples.

Next time, we will reach out to online reviewers. We did this time, but it was too late.
Old March 16th, 2017, 11:16 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I believe in you and your mission, Craig, and I'm sure that all my friends here do as well. It's there for you.

= =
Old March 16th, 2017, 11:16 AM

Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Craig Van Ness is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyjosiah View Post
I'd really like to see some work go into the graphic design. The card layouts look really dated to me, even though the artwork itself is good.

Remember, people can't actually experience the game itself with a Kickstarter, so visuals mean a lot. This is the same reason people keep mentioning minis, but the reality is that a graphic design overhaul would make this game LOOK worlds better at a fraction of the cost of minis production.
We are looking at updating some of the graphic design art.
Old March 16th, 2017, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin The Critic View Post
I am sad that this did not get funded, but I will pledge again in June. I have a lot of great memories of playing Epic Duels, Risk 2210, and expecially Heroscape and can't wait to get my hands on the next board game from the genius Craig Van Ness. Best of luck to Shifting Realms and whatever else you release in the future.
Thanks Justin The Critic for the kind words.
We will be back!
Old March 16th, 2017, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
In my humble opinion, and I know Craig has heard this before, there are three things that would help dramatically on Kickstarter:
1. The possibility of minis. KS loves minis.
2. Promotional videos with Tom Vasel or Rodney, both of whom, if I'm right about their taste, would like the game.
3. Upgraded graphic design. Eye candy is so important on KS.

I know nothing is easy, and nothing is free. But I think those three things would help. Worth the cost, or delay? I don't know.
The plan is to eventually make more Soaring Rhino games with minis.

Shifting Realms is a Euro game, and adding 40 minis would make the retail go way too high.

We did reach out to both Tom Vasel and Rodney before we launched the KS. They only review manufactured games. Once we manufacture Shifting Realms, this first two copies we get we will be sending to Tom Vassel and Rodney.

We are looking into upgrading graphic design.

In June, the goal is to get as many online reviews in place before we launch the KS.
Old March 16th, 2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Another thing that might help, and that would actually be free, would be for one of the promo videos to be an example of gameplay like a sample turn. I look forward to this getting a second chance in June.
Yes.
we are working on a play through video.
Old September 11th, 2017, 10:20 AM

Look for the new Shifting Realms KS in October 2017!

Thanks for all your help and comments, we are acting on many of the suggestions.
Old September 11th, 2017, 10:30 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Super! I'm looking forward to it.

= =
Old September 11th, 2017, 01:02 PM

Dark_Stranger knows what's in an order marker Dark_Stranger knows what's in an order marker

Consider my calendar marked!
Old September 22nd, 2017, 04:51 PM

Episode 6 is up. It goes over the changes to Shifting Realms

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games