Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's
Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's A place to discuss specific questions regarding Marvel rules and cards.

Notices

Old August 21st, 2011, 05:15 PM

GGGames is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Thanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post

If you're playing rats against Thanos, it's usually worth spending a few turns just trying to quadruple-engage Thanos and kill him with leaving engagement attacks...
As far as anti-Thanos builds [well, those that do not rely on bonding heroes], Brute/Cutters are pretty good at this. The Cutters can quickly swarm Thanos, tying him down until the Brutes get close enough to strike.

I faced Thanos in my fifth game at Floriza Frenzy 4.5; after 3 quick leaving engagements attacks, my opponent could not do much with Thanos other than killing one Cutter a turn (which scurried more onto the scene, and protected the Brutes via Expendable Rabble).

I still sweated out the handful of Rejected by Death rolls that my opponent had at the end of the game, though.
Of Coarse, i could'nt hit the rolls when i needed them.

Last edited by GGGames; August 21st, 2011 at 05:17 PM. Reason: put text in wrong place
Old September 6th, 2011, 01:48 PM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

Dumb question sorry. So let's say Thanos is dead right. I have a Marro Hive in my Army. Can I roll for rejected by death twice on the Marro Hive's turn? Since the a Squad Marro goes 1st then Marro Hive?

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old September 6th, 2011, 01:58 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leotheanimal87 View Post
Dumb question sorry. So let's say Thanos is dead right. I have a Marro Hive in my Army. Can I roll for rejected by death twice on the Marro Hive's turn? Since the a Squad Marro goes 1st then Marro Hive?
Yes, any full bonding turn (before taking a turn with X, you make take a turn with Y) will grant you 2 chances for Rejected by Death for that order marker.

To that end, a card with the Frenzy power allows you to roll for Rejected by Death as many times as you can successfully Frenzy.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old September 6th, 2011, 02:05 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Roll for RbD at the start of each of your turns, not player turn, but any of your turns.

EDIT: Thanks R˙
Old September 6th, 2011, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Quote:
Yes, any full bonding turn (before taking a turn with X, you make take a turn with Y) will grant you 2 chances for Rejected by Death for that order marker.

To that end, a card with the Frenzy power allows you to roll for Rejected by Death as many times as you can successfully Frenzy.

Awesome thank you! I'm using Thanos and the Hive in a tourney this up coming weekend so I had to be sure lol

“Sometimes when you shout your wishes into the void, the void looks back and smiles” -HMK WELCOME BACK HEROSCAPE! I never stopped believing!
Old September 7th, 2011, 08:31 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Wow, that's more powerful than I thought. Good to know.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old September 7th, 2011, 09:39 PM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Awesome thank you! I'm using Thanos and the Hive in a tourney this up coming weekend so I had to be sure lol
I'm curious. What army are you planning on using that includes Thanos and the Marro Hive? And what's the point set for the tourney your going to?
Old September 10th, 2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by master of disaster View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm curious. What army are you planning on using that includes Thanos and the Marro Hive? And what's the point set for the tourney your going to?

I was going to host a 850 point Marvel Tourney that no one could show up for My army was gonna be The hive 4x Stingers, Ralien, Isamu, and Thanos. Basically I was gonna send Thanos out 1st to destroy as much as possible and then once he died you the 2 turns I got from the Hive and the stringers to try and get Thanos back

Old May 29th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just learned Thanos's background and his "Rejected by Death" special power now has new meaning.

In the Marvel world, "Death" has a physical manifestation, is a character itself, and that character is a female. Thanos, doesn't necessarily want to conquer worlds like most super villains. He wants the girl. She's unimpressed.
He's been literally rejected by Death. :P

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old May 29th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

.... uhhh..... yeah, we know.

Also, Iron Man has double attack because he has repulsor blasts on each hand.
Old May 29th, 2012, 09:56 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Just learned Thanos's background...
Wouldn't have anything to do with a certain little indie movie playing now, would it?
Old May 29th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Yep, Confred, that is the theme behind it. He has also come back to life at least once in the comics because of that too.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Official Rules and FAQ's