Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old May 19th, 2006, 01:40 AM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Annerios' Heroscape Figure/Terrain Mods: Samuel Brown

I often modify official HS figures or create figures for use with other
Heroscapers' unit cards, so I thought I'd make a modded figure thread for
those types of figures I do not make cards for.

You can check out more figure photos with unit cards I created here:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...303&highlight=

Having straight walls give you some interesting options for layouts.

Customized HS Ruins.

Conan mod from a Mage Knight figure.

In honor of the new jungle set and being inspired by Leifkicker's awesome Marro terrain, I decided to try my hand at some Marro terrain.

Check out Leifkicker's tutorial for making Marro terrain here:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=15800

I made this figure for a friend in California that is a Shannara fan. If you've read Terry Brooks' The Sword of Shannara, you will recognize the red garbed rogue from that novel.

This figure was modified from a Heroclix figure. He is a combination of two different illustrations of the character:

Panamon Creel wears a lot of red, much like the HS vampires, so it was interesting to work on the shades of red and to use ink to bring out the color in a way that stood out from the HS figures. This guy is not going to be hiding from battle, but striding in with pure bravado!

This poor figure saw many changes and corrections. He even got mauled by a cat at one point and lost an arm!

I always liked this character from the novel, so I made a figure for myself as well. The cape and his pike are the main differences in the two versions.

Infinitymax and Atmospro made some great custom cards for minotaurs: Cerunnos and The Brothers Tor. I wanted figures to use for them and came across some suitable ones. The blue minotaur is simply a pre-painted figure from Reaper's Legendary Encounters line. I just mounted him on an HS base and he was ready to go.

The other two are Mage Knight figures that I have always liked (and which InfinityMax used on his custom card). These needed a lot of touch up, because, as with most early Mage Knight figures, the paint jobs are atrocious. They cleaned up well and look quite imposing on the battlefield.

Here is another Marvel Ruin mod/repaint. This one was done to match the color scheme of the AT-43 soldiers I have.

The Marvel set ruin in blue with some detailing.

The indian hero Mani from The Brotherhood of the Wolf (Le Pacte des Loups). I did this one in two costume variants from the film.

A British WWI figure I did for a custom Rhydderch made as a tribute to justjohn.

Solomon Kane to use with Lilnewbie's great custom.

Normal Sgt. Drake without the grappling hook and katana.

Zombies!

Ninjas of the Northern Wind

Children of the Hydra's Teeth

Violet for Doc_Savage's great Ultraviolet custom card.

A John Preston Grammaton Cleric mod of a Scourge Heroclix figure. From the film Equilibrium. Reapersaurus and Silverstoner made a nice card for this character.

I made this figure to use with Grungebob's Agent Bale card. I wanted to keep the
funky red leather of his Krav Maga repaint, but to make it weirder. This is another
Heroclix Scourge mod mixed with parts of a male Krav Maga agent. Some people
have mentioned he reminds them of Vash from an anime named Tri-gun or Hellsing
from the same titled anime. The similarities were not intentional; although Hellsing is a show
I definitely want to watch.

Changing the pose of a Dumutef's arms is quite easy for some variety.

I hate the clean unshaded look of the snipers, so I dirtied mine up and made them look like they have seen some combat.

Orcs that I modified to give my orc horde a little more variety. Head and weapon swaps are easy mods to do.

Minions with swords instead of axes. Kind of cool if you want to run a non- HS storyline scenario
featuring Angels and Demons battling each other.

This great (and dirt cheap) Jagun fighter figure looks awesome when mounted on a HS base.

Another Jagun fighter. I eliminated the eye on this one's chest and made it look more
like the surrounding armor.

The great Harryhausen Figurehead. This figure took a little effort to put
on a HS base because it is a resin figure, but I love how it came out.
It is one one my favorite HS figures. Make sure to check out H_E_H's custom unit card for this great figure.

Last edited by Annerios; March 25th, 2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old May 19th, 2006, 04:26 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
I love the maimed sniper. Nicely done.
Old May 19th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I like the Agent Bale figure. She looks like Carmen Sandiego.

http://drakesflames.blogspot.com
Drake's Flames, my crassly opinionated game review site. Updates three times a week.
Old May 19th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Nice presentation, Annerios! Excellent work and thanks for sharing. Anytime someone shows their work in inspires me to do new things....well at least for 20 or 30 secs then the laziness kicks in again.

Newb.
Old May 21st, 2006, 12:35 AM

Rhydderch has disabled reputation
Hey Annerios: Cool mods. I can see why people would compare your Bale to Alucard from Hellsing or to Vash from Tri-Gun, though it is still a small stretch. A custom for Vash would be interesting. One designed for Alucard would probably unhinge the game entirely since as of this point in both the anime and manga, nothing has been able to really harm him and his magic, when unlocked pretty much wreaks havoc on vampires, demigods and everything in between =P

I actually looked for the first Jagun fighter at two Big Lots after you first posted a pick of that thing. Wasn't able to find it though =(

Oh and as possibility for the red theme and hat, your Bale could also fit Panamon Creel from the Shannara books since he dressed in Scarlet. Add a mustache and replace a hand with a pike from one of the Weston Knights and add a dagger and you have a workable though not perfect Panamon Creel. Ok the glasses need to go to if thats what I see on him =P

Some pictures you might find interesting... The picture of Panamon from the Shannara Companion:

http://www.sorgentedelcielo.it/Shann...ld/panamon.JPG

Alucard from Hellsing:

http://anime.101main.com/fangirls/bi...30/alucard.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...98/Alucard.jpg
http://takkun24.tripod.com/sitebuild...es/alucard.jpg

Vash from Tri-Gun:

http://cameron.wayblur.com/Anime/Trigun%20Pics/Vash.jpg

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett, Discworld
Old May 21st, 2006, 12:58 AM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhydderch
Hey Annerios: Cool mods. I can see why people would compare your Bale to Alucard from Hellsing or to Vash from Tri-Gun, though it is still a small stretch. A custom for Vash would be interesting. One designed for Alucard would probably unhinge the game entirely since as of this point in both the anime and manga, nothing has been able to really harm him and his magic, when unlocked pretty much wreaks havoc on vampires, demigods and everything in between =P

I actually looked for the first Jagun fighter at two Big Lots after you first posted a pick of that thing. Wasn't able to find it though =(

Oh and as possibility for the red theme and hat, your Bale could also fit Panamon Creel from the Shannara books since he dressed in Scarlet. Add a mustache and replace a hand with a pike from one of the Weston Knights and add a dagger and you have a workable though not perfect Panamon Creel. Ok the glasses need to go to if thats what I see on him =P

Some pictures you might find interesting... The picture of Panamon from the Shannara Companion:

http://www.sorgentedelcielo.it/Shann...ld/panamon.JPG

Alucard from Hellsing:

http://anime.101main.com/fangirls/bi...30/alucard.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...98/Alucard.jpg
http://takkun24.tripod.com/sitebuild...es/alucard.jpg

Vash from Tri-Gun:

http://cameron.wayblur.com/Anime/Trigun%20Pics/Vash.jpg
Thanks for the pics!

I remember Panamon Creel and his B&W illustration from the book. He is another cool Shannara character. I had not seen that color illustration before.

The Bale figure is really hard to photograph. The paint was picking up reflections all over the place. He has the head of the Agent Smith looking Krav Maga under the slightly tipped hat. I think it is those wireframe style glasses that make people think of Vash and Hellsing.

I gave the figure longer white hair using putty. It gives him an androgynous look that makes him unlike the other figures I have.

You are not kidding about Hellsing! I read up on the character on Wikipedia a while back when looking up info on the show and it is outrageous how powerful that character is. Seriously, he sounds like one of the most powerful vampires ever devised. Most Japanese anime has ridiculously overpowered characters, so they are very difficult to translate to HS. I'll have to pick up that show on DVD soon. I have not watched much anime lately, but that one sounds interesting.

Vampire Hunter D is another vampire that would be interesting to tackle, but he is so damn powerful as well.
Old May 21st, 2006, 01:18 AM

Rhydderch has disabled reputation
Hey Annerios: Ok so you're familiar with Alucard already. I had tried not to say too much because I didn't want to spoil it for you but if you looked at Wikipedia you probably know the whole story by now =P

Also the manga is pretty different from the anime and I don't think we've seen Alucard do quite as much in the manga as in the anime so the 'official' version of Alucard may not be as strong as we have seen in the anime. Paladin Alexander would be cool to make a custom for as well - a lot of people like him more than Alucard, myself included. He just seemed more creative than your average (albeit uber-powered) vampire =P

D may be more reasonable in an HS game. Its been awhile since I've seen either movie but his abilities/items are mostly limited to massive regeneration, a sword that can harm vampires, and that strange hand of his which can negate magic - though he almost never uses it. He has his 'true' powers which are derived from his vampire side but those seem to be fairly latent and do not come out very often at all.

By the way, off-hand, what kind of abilities would you give Panamon if you made a custom for him? He's a very memorable character but more because of his personality and not so much for his abilities or skills, so I was curious about that.

“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett, Discworld
Old May 21st, 2006, 01:56 AM
Master Custom Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhydderch
Hey Annerios: Ok so you're familiar with Alucard already. I had tried not to say too much because I didn't want to spoil it for you but if you looked at Wikipedia you probably know the whole story by now =P

Also the manga is pretty different from the anime and I don't think we've seen Alucard do quite as much in the manga as in the anime so the 'official' version of Alucard may not be as strong as we have seen in the anime. Paladin Alexander would be cool to make a custom for as well - a lot of people like him more than Alucard, myself included. He just seemed more creative than your average (albeit uber-powered) vampire =P

D may be more reasonable in an HS game. Its been awhile since I've seen either movie but his abilities/items are mostly limited to massive regeneration, a sword that can harm vampires, and that strange hand of his which can negate magic - though he almost never uses it. He has his 'true' powers which are derived from his vampire side but those seem to be fairly latent and do not come out very often at all.

By the way, off-hand, what kind of abilities would you give Panamon if you made a custom for him? He's a very memorable character but more because of his personality and not so much for his abilities or skills, so I was curious about that.
Well, I did not read everything about the plot of the show, just stuff about that character and I kind of stopped reading after a while, shook my head and said "forget that character for HS."

I agree that D would be powerful in HS, but workable. That funky hand is there to save him when he is in trouble and he is a superb swordsman.

As for Panamon Creel, it has been so many years since I read those books (mid-1980's), that as with Garet, I would have to read up on the character to try to capture him for HS. I always remember the hook for a hand, the bright clothing, the quick wit and, of course, his troll companion Keltset. I seem to remember him fighting off a Skull Bearer and those things were tough.

I think he struck me as a more flamboyant version of Strider from LOTR when I read it. He serves some of the same purpose as a guide and tracker for the main character. That first Shannara book was just bloody chunks ripped from Tolkien after all.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 06:18 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
Those snipers are friggin sweet, love the dirty look. Makes em look tough.
Old June 1st, 2006, 12:27 PM
Master Custom Creator

I made this custom figure to use with Doc Savage's Violet card from the film Ultraviolet.
The film disappeared from theaters quickly, but it will be released on DVD in June, for those who missed it.

This figure was made from bits and pieces of the female Krav Maga Agent and a Heroclix figure named Black Widow.

Her square gun, for example, was a combination of parts from the agent's gun and Black Widow's gun. She had small bits and pieces added with putty (like her vest and hair).

Violet's clothing and hair color has the ability to change at her whim in the film, so any color was good for her. I don't usually utilize the color purple much when I paint, so this was an opportunity to use that color and make her stand out.

There are small details like the silver bracelets she wears that give her access to Flat Space technology weapons, the small Gravity Leveler device on her waist, the odd futuristic runes on her sword, her painted on sunglasses with purple ink used to make it look like tinted lenses, etc that may be hard to see in the photos, but I did try to add all of that stuff in there to make her look as close to her movie counterpart as possible.

Initially, I was only going to do a repaint of the Black Widow figure, but I was unsatisfied with it and wanted to get a more active pose.

Here are some of my reference photos for the modification:

Here is the link to Doc Savage's thread where you will find the card that inspired the creation of this figure:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...read.php?t=377

She is my entry for Cupid's 2nd Custom Mod/Sculpt Contest. Make sure to check out all of the great mods people have entered and vote starting June 5th.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...hread.php?t=40
Old June 1st, 2006, 01:16 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Simply awesome, Annerios! Good choice of colors so she stands out amongst the other heroscape minis. So when can I expect mine in the mail?

Newb.
Old June 1st, 2006, 01:38 PM
Master Custom Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie
Simply awesome, Annerios! Good choice of colors so she stands out amongst the other heroscape minis. So when can I expect mine in the mail?

Newb.

I'm not a big fan of the color purple, but there are not too many HS figures that use it, so she does stand out. I was also considering doing her dark blood-red outfit, but decided to stick with the color of her name.

I can't even tell you how many times I messed this figure up and had to redo something on it.

I was going to have her using two Square guns, but I have various other figures with that "look". In the movie, it is cool how she changes weapons (practically out of thin air) so easily, so I went with giving her two of the main weapons she uses. I finally had to finalize it and leave it be.

Somewhere in my spare parts bin there is the upper half of a female Krav Maga looking for her lower half and hands!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions