Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old August 21st, 2008, 11:57 AM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Does SuBakNa affect molten lava rolls?

Some background:

On the Lava thread, I wrote that Su-Bak-Na's Hive Supremacy would give Marro/Wulsinu a 10% chance of surviving a molten lava roll. Snotwalker8000 thought that wasn't the case, and made a reasonable case for Su-Bak-Na only affecting rolls for powers/abilities on the cards themselves.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=20739

Any thoughts on this? It would apply to Massive Curse rolls as well. (Probably other things, too. The revive glyph, perhaps.)
Old August 21st, 2008, 12:02 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: Does SuBakNa affect molten lava rolls?

Hmmm. I can see where his reasoning would come from with the word 'card' in the text. However, I would say that any d20 roll for a Marro/Wulsinu would be affected by Su-Bak-Na.
Old August 21st, 2008, 12:05 PM

ZtruK has disabled reputation

I guess I've always assumed it would be powers/abilities only. But after reading the card again, it would seem like there is a strong argument for any D20 roll.

Old August 21st, 2008, 12:07 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You know, I was just about to post that I agree with Snotwalker that Su-Bak-Na's bonus only applies to the Marro abilities, but the verbiage of the card isn't as clear cut as I thought.

In the synergy section of the Book of Su-Bak-Na, it only lists the Marro/Winsulu that have D20 abilities. Marro Drudge, for example, are not listed. Could that be an indicator that they don't get the +1 bonus for non-ability related rolls?

I know the Books are hardly law, but it's a starting point.

EDIT: On second glance, Wo-Sa-Ga isn't on the list either. It could be the book just isn't accurate.

Old August 21st, 2008, 12:15 PM

holylink718 knows what's in an order marker holylink718 knows what's in an order marker

I would think that it counts toward any D20 roll directly affecting Marro (an all marro army, for example, wouldn't get +1 Initiative).

In any case, that's the way I play. Not all marro have a D20 ability, so this way it helps them all (even if the situation doesn't come up very often).

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Good trades with: lharles

Holylink718's Repaints
Old August 21st, 2008, 12:16 PM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

It says for any marro/wulsinu army card, not special powers or attacks.....I read it as anytime that army card/s rolls the 20 sider they may add 1. I would say yes it does help with the lava roll.

EDIT and i disagree with you on the initiative holylink. its you as a player that you are rolling for not for any specific card.
Old August 21st, 2008, 12:17 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest ninja View Post
It says for any marro/wulsinu army card, not special powers or attacks.....I read it as anytime that army card/s rolls the 20 sider they may add 1. I would say yes it does help with the lava roll.

Technically you would want to SUBTRACT 1 when rolling for lava damage.
Old August 21st, 2008, 12:17 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by holylink718 View Post
I would think that it counts toward any D20 roll directly affecting Marro (an all marro army, for example, wouldn't get +1 Initiative).

In any case, that's the way I play. Not all marro have a D20 ability, so this way it helps them all (even if the situation doesn't come up very often).
I would not expect it to count on an initiative roll, even with an all Marro army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:

Why's that? A 20 means you survive, so you want to add.
Old August 21st, 2008, 12:24 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks for posting the card, Cav. I've always thought it was for any D-20 roll a marro/wulsinu makes, but the wording does give pause.

Quote:
Hive Supremacy
Anytime you roll the 20-sided die for a Marro or Wulsinu Army Card, you may add 1 to your die roll.
The wording seems odd. You don't roll water clone for the Marro Warriors card, you roll for each figure. If it said "any Marro or Wulsinu figure you control" it would be clear, or if it said "for any power or ability on a Marro or Wulsinu Army card" it would also be clear.

--

Nice points, Cheddar. The Book thing may have been a conscious decision, or they just may not have been thinking about these other possibilities. (How often do you jump in lava?)

--
edit to add: It doesn't count toward the initiative roll. (I think holylink was also saying it didn't count.) That's YOU rolling, and you're not Marro/Wulsinu, even if you dress up like one for conventions.

Last edited by fomox; August 21st, 2008 at 12:32 PM.
Old August 21st, 2008, 12:28 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by holylink718 View Post

I would not expect it to count on an initiative roll, even with an all Marro army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:

Why's that? A 20 means you survive, so you want to add.

I need coffee.
Old August 21st, 2008, 12:43 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation

My opinion:

No, SBN's Hive Supremacy does not affect molten lava rolls. Rolling for molten lava damage is not rolling the "20-sided die for a Marro or Wulsinu Army Card". It is rolling the 20-sided die for the molten lava.

So, in essence, it is the molten lava that is rolling, not the Marro/Wulsinu.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old August 21st, 2008, 12:43 PM

holylink718 knows what's in an order marker holylink718 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
EDIT and i disagree with you on the initiative holylink. its you as a player that you are rolling for not for any specific card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
I said you wouldn't get the +1 to initiative.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Good trades with: lharles

Holylink718's Repaints

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's