Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old January 15th, 2010, 10:38 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Premature PreMarch PreRelease D&D Expansion Discussion

Unfortunately, the system limited the length of the title of this thread. It should be continued in its full version as: "Premature PreMarch PreRelease D&D Expansion Discussion, Speculation, And Consolidation Thread. I tried. It may have something to do with the pain killers I'm on for gum surgery, which is no laughing matter...

(Note; for current information on the Second Expansion Wave 12/D2, see bottom of post, starting 4/30/10).

The creative success of MS3-D&D has so far spawned some fine discussion. I'm mostly interested in the rules and scenario developments, rather than the aesthetics of the physical components, although the new terrain is in fact very neat, as usual.

What has been hinted so far about the upcoming two D&D expansions by Those In The Know, the first one coming in March if it is released on schedule, includes the following:

*More Classic Scape connected stuff
*More Undead for Ana to Disperse, or not
(Mummies for Sudema? Skeletons for Cyprien?)
(EDIT: Sadly, no mummies--GB now says they're too small to use! Let's hope they come up with some other great stuff for us.)
*Wyverns (EDIT: two of them!)
*More Ullar and Vydar Love (EDIT: now confirmed)
*More cooperative Party rules for success in Dungeon Crawls
(Edit--it has now been said that this will come in later Waves 11-12)
*Elementals (EDIT--right, 1M)
*New movement and new terrain based abilities
* New treasure glyphs (8?) (EDIT--Thanks, Z)
* A new mysterious synergy team called "The Lawnmower" (EDIT--Jexik says so, so it must be true. Remember "The Steamroller"--Capuan Gladiators plus Spartacus?)
* The names of the four packs to Wave 11/D&D Exp. 1:
Heroes of Faerun
Warriors of Ghostlight Fen
Fury of the Primordials
Glaun Bog Raiders
(EDIT: Thanks, House Mouse and Wargamers HQ)

FEBRUARY EDITS: Preview 1 for Set D1 (aka Wave 11) is now up on the Front Page. See Post #178 on Page 15 here for my quick summary!

Preview 2 has the cards for the Glaun Bog Riders: Greater Ice Elemental (Uncommon Hero Jandar), Drow Chainfighter (Common Hero Utgar), and Greenscale Warriors (Common Squad Ullar).

*Wave 11 will contain four 2 hex figures (GB)
*Some of the new Uncommon Heroes will be more useful in larger numbers than the Feral Troll (GB)

*Post 304 on page 26 gives the names of all figures on the packs we haven't gotten previews for yet (the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th).

Will the expansions be restricted to new figures and Army Cards? Or will there be terrain, rules, Treasure Glyphs, Destructible Objects, etc. as well?

Inspired by the Dungeon Crawling variation of Heroscape in the scenarios both in MS3 and now online, playtesters and players are now introducing many new official and custom ideas for creating these adventures.

Only a month and a half to go (EDIT: March 23), until we see more actual new product! In the meantime, feel free to post new rumors, ideas, and announcements here, so we can find them in one convenient place...

***(Edit 4/30/10)***

WAVE 12/ D2 "Dungeons and Dragons Heroscape Expansion Two"
WAVE TITLE: WARRIORS OF EBERRON
Pack Titles (4):
Heroes of Khorvair
Golem and the Wyrmlings
Ogre and the Goblins
Veterans of the Last War

As with the previous wave, this is expected to be a set of four packs; one of Heroes (Unique most likely, Uncommon, Common?) two self described packs, and the last probably referring to the D&D race Warforged (Magically animated War Golems, who now have self consciousness and independence). It is expected that they will follow Vydar, who got no troops in the previous wave, as hinted by GB that the wave will include some "Vydar love."

There will be probably be new Treasure Glyphs included.

There will also be the new second D&D room type campaign "River of Blood," which has four underground rooms, including a swiftly flowing river that moves glyphs automatically along it. It will include the new "Second Wind" rule, where starting in each new room you can roll for your heroes and bring them back at partial strength (one die rolled per wound). This will be posted seperately on the playD&D site.

Last edited by chas; April 30th, 2010 at 07:11 AM.
Old January 15th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Re: Premature PreMarch PreRelease D&D Expansion Discussion

Lawnmower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Jexik; January 15th, 2010 at 10:52 AM. Reason: "Mawmower" was actually my older brother's first word, aside from the usual "mama" and "baba."
Old January 15th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
I found a hedge trimmer, a tree chipper and a grub remover. Does that count?

Hedge Trimmer

Tree chipper

Grub Remover

That's better.

Last edited by Darkmage7a; January 15th, 2010 at 04:22 PM.
Old January 15th, 2010, 12:21 PM

Zarovichx is surprisingly tart

I believe it has been confirmed that waves 11 and 12 with have four more treasure gylphs each.
Old January 15th, 2010, 12:24 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Kee-Mo-Shi love?
Old January 15th, 2010, 12:31 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Kee-Mo-Shi love?
That would be great, but I don't see how Marro are going to be found in a DnD release.

There have been hints as to a "lawnmower". Could this be a figure or squad that mows down small figures like Deathreavers?

There have also been hints that the Dwarves will see more play. This could mean that there will be another Dwarf hero to bond the Axegrinders with and/or a number of large figures that the Dwarves do well against.
Old January 15th, 2010, 01:35 PM

Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby! Land-based AE rolls all skulls baby!

Lawnmower..

Come on Vydar melee squad.

2011 most played: 1. Heroscape/Monsterpocalypse/Quarriors. 4. Warhammer Invasion. 5. Last Night on Earth.
Old January 15th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Speculation: Lawnmower is a name for a terrain-based power, similar to the Granite Guys, Tree & Snow Monkeys, Lava Dudes, that Other Dwarf, and those Evil Elves Who Are Not Elves.

Fact: The thread I can't take it any more. Whats in the New DnD Booster has a lot of good info you may want to pull over here for compilation.

~ET86

P.S. +rep when I can for the creative title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old January 15th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think lawnmower is a squad of goblins or kobolds that work like romans but instead of a defense bonus they get an attack bonus.
Old January 15th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
I remember an idea you had once, making an elite undead royal squad (like Sudema) that bonded with queens. This would help Sudema and bring really cool armies with Braxas. In my eyes this squad would be for Vydar, or possibly Einar with an egyptian twist to it:

<some sick name> (mummies), Vydar/Einar, planet Toril (d&d thing), 2 squad (single spaces), common squad, disciplined, undead, height 4?, mummies/guards (some egyptian class).

Life 1, Move 4, Range 1, Attack 3, Defense 5, ? points.

Queen Bonding.

Horde Movement. (still 6 figs like the zombies, except in this case 3 squads worth)

Terrifying Defense Aura 1 (all figures adjacent to a friendly (doubles matches )<name> recieve an extra defense die)

Pics: (if D&D)

maybe later on addition?:

This squad would be awesome. Period. It would make just plain cool armies. Queen bonding for Sudema, and a little more competitively, Braxas. Terrifying brings together both the undead and some Marro. They are even disclipline if you want to squeeze greeks/them/Parmenio/and Braxas together.

And, I really like how their strategy would work with those who they have synergy with. With horde movement and 5 defense, they get up to and hold figures in place for Cyprien, Braxas, Sudema, etc. It also goes along with the two squad thing - they can survive to be able and compete with other common squads that have a 1 - 2 man advantage. Braxas/Cyprien/them wouldn't be that bad against a high defense Tron or other soulborg army, with Braxas ignoring the defense (and rat problems) and these guys tieing them down a little.

Like the zombies, I would include x2 of them in a common pack (only taking up the space of a four squad), and then include another common (probably 3-) squad x1.

Anyways that's a cool squad I would like to see it in the upcomming waves, D&D or not.

Edit: btw this deosn't have anything to do with lawnmower, just quoted ya for you.

Last edited by Cleon; January 15th, 2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old January 15th, 2010, 07:29 PM

Sokol knows what's in an order marker Sokol knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
What has been hinted so far about the upcoming two D&D expansions by Those In The Know, the first one coming in March if it is released on schedule, includes the following:

*More Classic Scape connected stuff
*More Undead for Ana to Disperse, or not
(Mummies for Sudema? Skeletons for Cyprien?)
*Wyverns
*More Vydar Love (But could this be a Red Herring?)
*More cooperative Party rules for success in Dungeon Crawls

Will the expansions be restricted to new figures and Army Cards? Or will there be terrain, rules, Treasure Glyphs, Destructible Objects, etc. as well?
If there are going to be more rules, I would bet that means we will be getting more terrain. I can't see them including rules with just figures...unless they mean rules for the glyph cards having to do with more cooperative party play...Still, I'm betting on more terrain because that makes more sense.

One Game to rule them all, One Game to find them,
One Game to bring them all and in their wallets bind them
In the Land of Valhalla where the Valkyrie lie.
Old January 15th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Don't forget Elementals.

I don't think there will be more rules (other than the glyphs and a card for each, like W1); more than likely the rules for cooperative parties, etc., will be released here (though I do think we can count on some more heroes for parties and on at least 1-2 evil heroes (like Pelloth) to round out GBob's stated evil dungeoneering party).

So,
new heroes
new evil heroes
elementals
new T-glyphs
wyverns
love for Vydar (mummies or other bonding undead, or a great melee squad)
and the lawnmower (goblins (and/or hobs and bugbears)?, skeletons? Vydar's love? something else?)

That's all I've gleaned. Sounds like good times to me!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News