Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old June 3rd, 2009, 06:44 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Capuan Gladiator Discussion Thread

Spartacus
Capuan x3
Crixus

That seems like the best army to use. Either that or 4 squads and spartacus, but with the second build you would be using spartacus as an attacker so he may die and ruin your gladiators.

Without spartacus the gladiators are worthless, that much is obvious, there are much better squads out there. With him they are impressive at 4/4 and 6 movement. But you will only have 3 squads and have a gladiator to bond with? I dunno, I just don't see these guys being competitive. Range, deathreavers, glads/blasts, will all crush these guys.

They look like a ton of fun and it's awesome that Spartacus is actually playable but I don't see these guys going far.

The initiative ability is really cool though.

KalisLord is surprisingly tart

So if you were playing the Fyorlag Spiders against these guys and you had the opportunity on the first turn to remove an order marker from either Spartacus or the Capuan Gladiators which would be the better choice? On the one hand you could make all of the gladiators weaker for all of their rounds or you could remove one of their turns.

"Dethklok has summoned a troll.

That's impossible there is no such thing as trolls.

Then how do you explain the dead unicorns..."

Andrew is surprisingly tart

First, these guys have awesome sculpts. The best in the wave.

Second, they have awesome stats and abilities. Three attacks of four and an attack of 6 every turn is huge. The best in the wave.

In summary, the best in the wave.

Old June 3rd, 2009, 06:46 PM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm going to agree with Matthias only because you have to spend 200pts on Sparticus to make the Capuans better. That's a huge investment that leaves almost no flexibility for your army. I'm gonna love playing Steamroller, but you have to admit its a one trick pony, even if that trick is quite impressive. The Knights give you a lot more options, and ultimately, that makes them a little better. But I can't wait to hear some match ups between glads and knights.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old June 3rd, 2009, 06:47 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ah wow.
I can't believe it's come to this. How long have we waited for a complete Gladiator army? HOW LONG?
I didn't see the initiative ability coming. They should be very fun to play.

(In my best Once-ler voice heard through a Whipser-ma-Phone)
But those sculpts! Those Sculpts!
Those gladiator sclupts!
All my life I'd been searching
for sculpts such as these.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 06:54 PM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

Remember that they're only really powerful as long as Spartacus is still alive. If these guys ever become really popular, then strong and mobile hero assasins like Sujoha or Cyprien will probably start seeing a lot more play.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 06:56 PM
Twenty Questioner

TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker TheMainMan knows what's in an order marker

One of the three Gladiators has a decent size shield. I wonder how ofter you can block line of sight when positioned correctly.

Not that we ever check for line of sight, but it is a big shield.

To be the man, you have to beat the man!
Old June 3rd, 2009, 06:56 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

We Who Are About To Play, Salute You!
Old June 3rd, 2009, 06:57 PM
Advocates Stripping (& Is 47.8% Right)

RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness RoninValentina wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Cyprien is a great Glad counter, so long as he stays at the edges picking off Capuans one by one and doesn't get surrounded.

- Heroscape is a standing game. -
Old June 3rd, 2009, 07:00 PM

padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby! padlock rolls all skulls baby!

Actually, now that I think about it, Charos might be the perfect Spartacus assassin against a Gladiator army. Counterstrike and 9 life should keep him alive long enough to do the job.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 07:02 PM
Emeritus Admin

THUMB UP!
Old June 3rd, 2009, 07:04 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninValentina View Post
I'm going to agree with Matthias only because you have to spend 200pts on Sparticus to make the Capuans better. That's a huge investment that leaves almost no flexibility for your army. I'm gonna love playing Steamroller, but you have to admit its a one trick pony, even if that trick is quite impressive. The Knights give you a lot more options, and ultimately, that makes them a little better. But I can't wait to hear some match ups between glads and knights.
I'm sorry, but I totally disagree. These guys are going to crush the Knights (even though they are my favorite). You have Crixus and the Glads coming in a move of 6 with +3 initiative. Crixus is hitting with 6 and one shield defense and these guys following with 4.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units