Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old August 21st, 2007, 11:24 AM

loserguy has disabled reputation
Valiant Army Help Please

My current army is:

120 - Templar Cavalry
105 - Sir Gilbert
70 - 4th Massachusetts Line
70 - Knights of Weston
30 - Eldgrim
-------------------------
395 pts.

I have all the figures except wave 3. If anyone has any advice for me, help would be much appreciated as I have a tournament to attend tonight.

11 RotV - 5 RttFF - 5 FotA - 5 VW - 5 TT- 5 MS
Full Waves 1,2,4,5,6,7
Old August 21st, 2007, 11:50 AM

ASmiles Woo who?
My rule of thumb is that unless you are spending your last bit of points, you should always take multiples of any commons in your armies.

Assuming you have (or can borrow) duplicates, I'd drop Eldgrim and the Templars for a second set of Knights and 4th Mass.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Record in Beantown Beatdown Tournaments 15-1-1
Old August 21st, 2007, 12:07 PM

damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASmiles
My rule of thumb is that unless you are spending your last bit of points, you should always take multiples of any commons in your armies.

Assuming you have (or can borrow) duplicates, I'd drop Eldgrim and the Templars for a second set of Knights and 4th Mass.
Exactly!

You can also add Isamu for 10 pts and run him out in front of everybody towards a glyph you want or at a Jandar figure to get his bonus. You have to make sure he his off the board by the time your opponent is ready to attack the 4th Mass.

I used that exact army at GenCon and won a Win-a-Wave Tournament.

damja is a Venoc Viper...
in THE SPARKLY CAVE
Old August 21st, 2007, 01:41 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Yeah, 2x 4th Mass is so much better than one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old August 24th, 2007, 11:11 AM

Spaghetti the dragon has disabled reputation
whenever i play vailiant i use
sir denrick
knights of weston
4th mass
finn
thor
drake alexander
(sorry i dont remember exact pointage, but it adds up to 520, which is the point total me and my friends play with)
make your preferance between attack and defense (finn and thor) for who is touching more of the fourth mass for the synergy, valiant defense bonus for the 4th mass and thor keeps them in the game longer, and the extra attack helps them pick off guys more efficiently.the knights of weston also can bond with thor, finn, and denrick so they could be your front line melee force, with alexanders attack of six being your back up.
this is only if you can play with 520 points, because you didnt specify a point total you needed (unless its 395/400, if so sorry)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion