Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 1st, 2007, 02:29 PM

bigkat has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer
The ethicist Michael Shermer (author of The Science of Good & Evil proposes the "Ask Rule" as the most practical way of implementing the traditional "Golden Rule." Will my girl friend mind if I take someone else out on a date? Ask her. Will the store mind if I exchange things? Ask them. Will they mind if I pee on the floor? Ask again.
I try to get good deals on things by stacking rebates, coupons, pricematching, etc. but I have never thought of it before in terms of the golden rule.

Here's an example. A while ago, I purchased a hard drive from Office Depot. They had a rebate on the hard drive at the time. I had a Fry's ad that that they pricematched because their price minus the rebate price was still higher than the Fry's price. I also had a coupon. In the end, I got the hard drive for something like $5. Is this wrong? I'm trying to think about how the golden rule applies here. The office manager definitely didn't seem very happy about doing the pricematching. If I were running the business, I think I would like it more if people pretended that they didn't see the Fry's ad or the coupon and just paid the normal price and got their rebate. But on the buyer's side, I would like it more if sellers honored things that they advertised, like pricematching policies, rebates, etc.

Can you help me out with this? in the past, I've just gone out and got deals like this without thinking about if it's right or not. Maybe a bit self centered on my part, but really, it's never occured to me to analyse it in this way.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion