Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old December 2nd, 2015, 06:07 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Ixe's Custom Units

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Very cool idea! What general does it fight for?

Are there any other "Spirits" that could be brought back instead of a Yahl Hound?
Oops. This spirit fights for Aquilla. The idea is that I'm going to eventually make more spirits so they can shift into a different kind when one is destroyed. These spirits would also have the Shifting Spirit power allowing you to pull any from reserve when one dies. A spirit that was destroyed does not go back to being reserved.
Old December 3rd, 2015, 12:35 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I really like the Yahl Hound's simple yet unique design--it's really cool, especially if there were more different spirit figures to replace it with to mix it up. Not so great against Queglix Gun, but still.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old December 3rd, 2015, 01:29 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Cool idea. Elegant implementation.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 7th, 2015, 04:42 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Continuing with one of my own cycles, this is Shalelu from Pathfinder Miniatures - Rise of the Runelords:

And this is the Timber Wolf from D&D Miniatures -Deathknell:

NAME = Salia Sungrace
GENERAL = Jandar
PLANET = Toril
SPECIES = Eladrin (ugh)
CLASS = Ranger
PERSONALITY = Valiant
SIZE = Medium 5
UNIQUE HERO

LIFE = 3
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 8
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 2
POINTS = 60

SALIA'S COMPANION

At the start of the game, you may choose a Unique small or medium Beast Hero you control to be Salia's Companion. For this game the chosen Companion's class is Companion instead of Beast. Salia's companion adds 2 to its movement when it is within clear sight of Salia.

COMPANION BONDING
After revealing an Order Marker on Salia, before taking a turn with Salia, you may take a turn with Salia's chosen Companion as long as it is still under your control.

NAME = Remus
GENERAL = Jandar
PLANET = Toril
SPECIES = Wolf
CLASS = Beast
PERSONALITY = Wild
SIZE = Small 3
UNIQUE HERO

LIFE = 3
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 30

CLIMBx2
When moving up or down levels of terrain, Remus may double his height.

DISTRACTING BITE
When a figure engaged with Remus is attacked by a Ranger hero you control, the defending figure rolls 2 less defense.

ENDURING WOLF SPIRIT
When Remus is destroyed, place this figure on any Unique Ranger Hero card you control. A figure with Remus on its card does not take leaving engagement attacks.

Salia Sungrace is an experienced ranger and hunter. Always at her side is her wolf companion, Remus, who swiftly dashes ahead to her quarry and hounds her target while she takes aim. Should poor Remus pass protecting his ranger, his distracting spirit will live on with her, providing opportunities to slip away safely when otherwise pinned down.

Salia is a fragile ranger herself, preferring to hang back and take advantage of her long range to damage the enemy. She is protected and augmented by Remus, able to push him further to worry her enemies and make her attacks all the more deadly. As with the rest of the cycle, the idea is that the animals can be mixed and matched for different effects, though these two carry a particular synergy.

These two are the third installment in my ranger and companion pairings. The design area is starting to feel a little narrow to spread over 7 but I think I should be able to manage. As always, comments are greatly appreciated.
Old December 11th, 2015, 03:16 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I'm enjoying your Ranger cycle. I like the overall concept and the different possible builds.

Jorvik Grizzlehide
A six-dice ranged attack for 90 points is pretty nuts. The low range hurts though. A much safer design would have lowered his attack to three and increased his range to 6 or 7. That doesn't mean what you have is bad, certainly, just harder to get the points set right.

Fatalis
The stats aren't great, but you're getting quite a bit for 35pts, especially when you consider bonding. Probably ok, but with the cycle you have going you're going to have to be careful to ensure that no Beast outshines the others. Especially considering that a single Beast can be multiple Rangers' Companion.

Yahl Hound
Really love the concept, assuming you have more Spirits on the way. As for timing, we in the C3V had do something similar with the Ebon Armor. Check out their Book's list of R&Cs for a detailed look at corner cases.

Salia Sungrace
Doesn't really stand out except the 8 Range. Would also work as a supporter for another Ranger, boosting that Ranger's Companion.

Remus
Again, a pretty solid little unit all-around when bonding is considered. Giving Remus to Jorvik might be crazy-good. The spirit is a cool idea, and workable since it's limited to just Rangers.
Old December 11th, 2015, 05:35 PM

Thanks for commenting, everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
That's pretty sweet Ixe. I like how the Cougar just rips people apart, and does so even more effectively when her family is in trouble.

Although the melee bonus isn't much on a Ranger, it shouldn't be. This was represented well here.
It isn't much for these rangers, but not all rangers will fight with a bow .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
I really like the Yahl Hound's simple yet unique design--it's really cool, especially if there were more different spirit figures to replace it with to mix it up. Not so great against Queglix Gun, but still.

~TAF
Q9 would definitely be a nightmare against the hounds, but he should be less brutal (if only a little) against a more versatile spirit army if I continue the group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Cool idea. Elegant implementation.
Thank you. I'm glad that you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
I'm enjoying your Ranger cycle. I like the overall concept and the different possible builds.

Jorvik Grizzlehide
A six-dice ranged attack for 90 points is pretty nuts. The low range hurts though. A much safer design would have lowered his attack to three and increased his range to 6 or 7. That doesn't mean what you have is bad, certainly, just harder to get the points set right.
6-dice ranged attack. He only has 4 attack. Did you misread it? Rygarn has the same attack for even more range at the same price. His cost is supposed to be tied to his companion bonding.

Quote:
Fatalis
The stats aren't great, but you're getting quite a bit for 35pts, especially when you consider bonding. Probably ok, but with the cycle you have going you're going to have to be careful to ensure that no Beast outshines the others. Especially considering that a single Beast can be multiple Rangers' Companion.
Can a beast be a single ranger's companion? I know their spirits can stack on a single ranger but what is the order of operations at the beginning of the game. One ranger picks a beast and changes its class to companion (no longer beast). Another ranger couldn't pick that figure for a companion since it is no longer a beast. Or do they all apply at the same time? The intention is that they don't stack in that way. Companions are loyal only to their ranger and none other. You're right that I have to worry about outshining in general but Fatalis enjoys working with Jorvik in particular to get 2 extra attack dice for her double attack. His bonus will be more valuable for her than for other companions in that regard.

Quote:
Yahl Hound
Really love the concept, assuming you have more Spirits on the way. As for timing, we in the C3V had do something similar with the Ebon Armor. Check out their Book's list of R&Cs for a detailed look at corner cases.
Good to know about the book, although I'm still not sure about Tor-Kul-Na but it's comforting that something could be figured out about it. I'll definitely add more to this group. I may have to start using unpainted miniatures to keep it up since I feel these spirits should maintain the distinctive blue.

Quote:
Salia Sungrace
Doesn't really stand out except the 8 Range. Would also work as a supporter for another Ranger, boosting that Ranger's Companion.
Again, I don't think rangers can share companions. My goal for her was to have a particularly cheap option. Her more fragile life forces her to use that range.

Quote:
Remus
Again, a pretty solid little unit all-around when bonding is considered. Giving Remus to Jorvik might be crazy-good. The spirit is a cool idea, and workable since it's limited to just Rangers.
You could give Remus to Jorvik but then you'd want to use Jorvik in melee to give Remus his significant bonus if you could. The point is that you can mix and match so swapping these things around will influence how they are used. Remus does provide some additional incentive to use more than one ranger team, though.
Old December 11th, 2015, 05:48 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
Quote:

Jorvik Grizzlehide
6-dice ranged attack. He only has 4 attack. Did you misread it? Rygarn has the same attack for even more range at the same price. His cost is supposed to be tied to his companion bonding.
Ah yeah, I read it wrong. The +2 goes to the Companion.

Quote:
Can a beast be a single ranger's companion? I know their spirits can stack on a single ranger but what is the order of operations at the beginning of the game. One ranger picks a beast and changes its class to companion (no longer beast). Another ranger couldn't pick that figure for a companion since it is no longer a beast. Or do they all apply at the same time? The intention is that they don't stack in that way. Companions are loyal only to their ranger and none other. You're right that I have to worry about outshining in general but Fatalis enjoys working with Jorvik in particular to get 2 extra attack dice for her double attack. His bonus will be more valuable for her than for other companions in that regard.
I had forgotten that the class of the Beast is changed. That does fix things, if it doesn't muddy them. I really don't know how pre-game abilities are supposed to work out timing-wise. I assume you're right that the first pairing will change the class before a second pairing can be established.

Quote:
Good to know about the book, although I'm still not sure about Tor-Kul-Na but it's comforting that something could be figured out about it. I'll definitely add more to this group. I may have to start using unpainted miniatures to keep it up since I feel these spirits should maintain the distinctive blue.
It is a good question. Since Trample Stomp doesn't specify "immediately," it would be a roll-off.

Quote:
You could give Remus to Jorvik but then you'd want to use Jorvik in melee to give Remus his significant bonus if you could. The point is that you can mix and match so swapping these things around will influence how they are used. Remus does provide some additional incentive to use more than one ranger team, though.
I was reading Jorvik wrong here again. I thought he got +2 when he attacked something adjacent to his companion. Combining that with -2 defense would have been pretty intense.
Old December 23rd, 2015, 12:54 PM

This is the Centaur Archer from Pathfinder Miniatures - Reign of Winter:

NAME = Setrima
GENERAL = Ullar
PLANET = Feylund
SPECIES = Centaur
CLASS = Archer
PERSONALITY = Tricky
SIZE = Large 6 (double spaced)
UNIQUE HERO

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 8
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 95

POINT BLANK SHOT

When Setrima attacks a non-adjacent figure within 3 clear sight spaces, add 2 to her attack dice.

RETREATING FIRE
If Setrima's attack inflicts one or more wounds, she may move up to 4 spaces. Setrima does not take leaving engagement attacks when using Retreating Fire.

Setrima is a centaur from Feylund who uses her natural speed in battle to her advantage. She is skilled at racing in and harassing her opponent safely as she retreats. She is particularly deadly should she close the distance and fire on her opponent directly, although such tactics put her at risk if she misses her shot and finds herself surrounded.

Setrima takes a page out of Sudema's book in being an anagram for a more famous mythological figure. She is potentially deadly at kiting, particularly if she operates at her full range and can land her attacks. However, 3 attack isn't perfectly reliable, especially when there is the siren's call of the significant attack boost from Point Blank Shot. The distance limit there keeps her to a more manageable effective range and also carries the implicit threat of missing an attack and becoming vulnerable in the process.

As always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Ixe; December 31st, 2015 at 02:10 PM.
Old December 23rd, 2015, 01:34 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Centars are a missed boat for heroscape as far as I'm concerned.

I like your bow based powers and the retreat mechanic. Her move of 8 with range of 6 is a very considerable threat range. People often underestimate speed and with Setrima that would be their downfall.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old December 23rd, 2015, 02:14 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I can't believe I've been playing this game for this many years and never once realized that Sudema is an anagram for Medusa. -___-'

"Artemis" here (sorry for word-scrambler spoilers) seems pretty good for less than 100 points. The potential for a ranged attack of 5 is nearly unheard of. Good thing it's only got a range of 3.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old December 23rd, 2015, 04:01 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hmm, reminds me quite a bit of a custom of my own...

Queen Swaysil Kri Northlands

Centaur
Unique Hero
Archer
Wild
Large 7

Life - 7
Move - 7
Range - 7
Attack - 4
Defense - 2
Points - I'm thinking 130

Flailing Hooves 14 - If an opponent's small or medium figure moves adjacent to Queen Swaysil Kri Northlands, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, the opponent's figure receives 1 wound. Figure may be targeted only as they move into engagement with Queen Swaysil Kri Northlands.

Powerful Shot - When attacking a figure within 3 clear sight spaces, Queen Swaysil Kri Northlands rolls 2 additional dice.

Anyway, just some food for thought. There are definitely differences, but, um, mine is better.

Edit: Also, I have the figure (which looks quite good IMHO) and it is definitely single based. Though that makes a quick run and gunner like Setrima or Swaysil much more mobile, the figure is just too small and compact to justify putting it on a double base.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old December 23rd, 2015, 06:55 PM

Thanks for all of the comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
Centars are a missed boat for heroscape as far as I'm concerned.

I like your bow based powers and the retreat mechanic. Her move of 8 with range of 6 is a very considerable threat range. People often underestimate speed and with Setrima that would be their downfall.
I agree that they were a missed opportunity. I made Ullar's cavalry a group of centaurs for that reason. She can certainly lay down some early attacks and even ride away afterwards if she lands any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
"Artemis" here (sorry for word-scrambler spoilers) seems pretty good for less than 100 points. The potential for a ranged attack of 5 is nearly unheard of. Good thing it's only got a range of 3.
It's a powerful ability, often even worse than range 3 since she's likely to wound and be able to move up to 4 spaces away afterwards. She'll probably be pretty swingy in that capacity. She also lacks any real synergy so the single-attack hero could probably work for assassinations but otherwise be overwhelmed by squads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
Hmm, reminds me quite a bit of a custom of my own...

Anyway, just some food for thought. There are definitely differences, but, um, mine is better.

Edit: Also, I have the figure (which looks quite good IMHO) and it is definitely single based. Though that makes a quick run and gunner like Setrima or Swaysil much more mobile, the figure is just too small and compact to justify putting it on a double base.
Wow. I looked back on it and I even commented on that design. I didn't have it in mind when I was working on it so I think it was more of a convergent evolution sort of problem but I may have had that idea kicking around in the back of my mind. Thanks for the info about the figure. I'll probably change it to something else given the case since I really want the double space aspect to complicate the speed and ability to move away.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards