Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old July 28th, 2012, 08:57 PM

Cale has disabled reputation
Re: The Batmobile!! - Grishnakh's Custom Terrain - GCT

Hello old friend... It is good to see you are still here. I'm sorry I have been gone, please forgive. You are a great artist of your medium and I encourage you to continue your fun. Peace be with you, old friend.

I think I'll call it..... Bob.

Custom Terrain by Cale
Old July 31st, 2012, 08:24 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESUSFREAK View Post
Hey, (sorry for posting twice in a row) those batmobiles seem a bit small don't you think? B-Man would have to suck in his gut and somehow attempt to get half of himself in there. The Dark Knight one has a cockpit about the size of bat-mans arm! Card looks cool though!
I'm a stickler for things being in scale but until a better one comes along I'll just go with these. Besides, they are 1/50th scale and Heroscape is done in 48th ("O") scale so they're really not that far off. Perhaps just a tad too small. But any bigger and they would not fit the hexes correctly. Oh well, a bird in the hand huh?
Old July 31st, 2012, 08:27 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Re: Grishnakh's Custom Terrain - GCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
I've also been toying with the idea of an Equipment Glyph that allows Batman to trigger remote operation of the Batmobile, including its weapons.
Don't know if any of you realize this or not but you can place an order marker on the Batmobile and move it just like any other figure. Batman does not have to be in it. He just has to be alive. As soon as he's killed the Batmobile shuts down and becomes a terrain feature. It's an easy way to do remote operation without any complicated rules.

Been thinking about giving the Boy Wonder the keys as well. What do you guys think? Should he be allowed to operate it as well?
Old August 1st, 2012, 02:13 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Sure, that was part of why I wanted to do the glyph, so Batman could pass the remote to a trusted friend.
Old August 1st, 2012, 12:27 PM
Titleless

Quote:
Sure, that was part of why I wanted to do the glyph, so Batman could pass the remote to a trusted friend.
Interesting thought. A "Keys to the Batmobile" glyph. Who has the keys can operate the Batmobile.

Of course this means that enemies could take over the car once Batman is eliminated. But that means that a 210 point "character/car" that you drafted suddenly could be taken over by your opponent. Don't know if I like that, the Batmobile is probably more sophisticated than simple "keys" (or remote, or code, etc).

I like it being more like the Hive is in classic 'Scape. You draft it, you use it, once it's destroyed/killed it becomes a terrain obstacle. Its just tied in more to a particular character (in this case Batman, possibly Robin).

Still, it's an interesting thought.

And as a side note, this riding in the Batmobile is heading me in the direction of how I perceive elevators to work. The concepts of removing a figure from the board because they are in a car that takes you somewhere else (like an elevator) are tied together. I think I've got it worked out. Need to get some people together to do some play testing on it. Afterwards I'll be posting the mechanics and proceeding with much taller buildings. I can't wait!
Old August 1st, 2012, 12:32 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Fwiw, C3G will eventually be doing the Batmobile remote as a Utility Equipment Glyph. You know, when we get around to doing the Batmobile eventually.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 1st, 2012, 12:38 PM

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Interesting thought. A "Keys to the Batmobile" glyph. Who has the keys can operate the Batmobile.

Of course this means that enemies could take over the car once Batman is eliminated. But that means that a 210 point "character/car" that you drafted suddenly could be taken over by your opponent. Don't know if I like that, the Batmobile is probably more sophisticated than simple "keys" (or remote, or code, etc).
No, that's easy to solve, by putting something on the glyph card to the effect of "opponents' figures may pick up the glyph of Batmobile keys, but may not use it." This denies Batman's friends from remote operation of the Batmobile, while preventing enemies from taking control of it.
I think of the Batmobile as a semi-autonomous robot. Batman or his designee may give it voice commands such as, "shoot missiles at Joker," or, "pick me up at the hole in the warehouse wall," but the Batmobile confirms the voice before executing the command. So enemies cannot use it.

So I would allow OM's to be placed on Batmobile, but additionally have the remote glyph which would allow Batman or a friendly figure holding the remote to take a turn with the Batmobile either in addition to or instead of their turn. This allows more OM flexibility as well as some cool theme.
Old August 1st, 2012, 12:39 PM
Titleless

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Fwiw, C3G will eventually be doing the Batmobile remote as a Utility Equipment Glyph. You know, when we get around to doing the Batmobile eventually.
GCT, on the other hand, will not be doing a Batman as there already exists a couple of really good ones done by C3G ya know. Just say'n.
Old August 1st, 2012, 12:50 PM
Titleless

Quote:
Quote:

No, that's easy to solve, by putting something on the glyph card to the effect of "opponents' figures may pick up the glyph of Batmobile keys, but may not use it." This denies Batman's friends from remote operation of the Batmobile, while preventing enemies from taking control of it.
I think of the Batmobile as a semi-autonomous robot. Batman or his designee may give it voice commands such as, "shoot missiles at Joker," or, "pick me up at the hole in the warehouse wall," but the Batmobile confirms the voice before executing the command. So enemies cannot use it.

So I would allow OM's to be placed on Batmobile, but additionally have the remote glyph which would allow Batman or a friendly figure holding the remote to take a turn with the Batmobile either in addition to or instead of their turn. This allows more OM flexibility as well as some cool theme.
I see what you are saying, cool concept.

The way I have it at the moment it's a moot point while Batman is still alive. The Batmobile is a drafted "character" on your team. You place order markers on it to move/attack as any other figure would. But only Batman can get inside of it.

With a glyph Batman would start the game with the "Keys". Only the owner of the keys can gain access to the inside of the vehicle. If Batman is destroyed the keys fall as any treasure / equipment glyph would. Anyone can pick them up, but only members of your trusted team would be able to use the keys, and thus the Batmobile. Any enemy carrying the keys would just be denying your side from using the Batmobile.

Batman could also, using my rules, pass the keys to another figure. But only that figure can get inside of the vehicle.

Does that make sense?
Old August 1st, 2012, 12:51 PM

JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby! JESUSFREAK rolls all skulls baby!

This Batmobile looks much more in scale

http:////www.toysrus.com/product/ind...ductId=4300713
Old August 1st, 2012, 12:56 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
GCT, on the other hand, will not be doing a Batman as there already exists a couple of really good ones done by C3G ya know. Just say'n.
Heh. Didn't mean to advertise in your thread or anything. Just figured Porkins should know that what he was asking for was planned for elsewhere so he didn't harass you about it too much.

And C3G, as always, is unapologetically comprehensive (trust me, been thinking about the Batmobile for years already - but knowing you've got it covered certainly makes it lower priority).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 1st, 2012, 12:58 PM

Harass!? Hmph. This is a discussion. Grish asked for feedback.

Besides, you're taking too long

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles